Login Create Account
MDC-LC Drum Corps League
Contrabahn
Thanks chessie for the tips. I was doing a campaign for influence so I've switched that over to funds. I also managed to get my foot in the door at only one event XD In division lll what are some good numbers to have?

I auditioned for them on contra btw. In Feburary we will be having our final cut so I will figure out then if I make it.
SPLOOIE!

That is all
SalukiShaffer
When I was in DIII I was always shooting for 70.000. It took two seasons of dedicated rehearsal, but my corps broke 70 and moved up divisions as a result.
In DII I'm shooting for an 80.000. That would probably move me up to DI. Then in DI the goal would be 90+. Just go by tens for a good goal throughout your career. General Effect needs to be where your points are coming from because of the weight put on that caption. GE wins championships, just ask the Blue Devils
SalukiShaffer
OddIceman1997
Hey guys.

Since I'm new, I'd like to introduce myself as well. I'm Chris and I'm from Canada. I currently march with the Burlington Teen Tour Band (if you've heard of us, awesome!). I am planning on doing Drum Corps within the next few-ish years, probably an Open Class corps like Blue Saints and I think it'd be better to go with the smaller corps. My favourite corps are; Carolina Crown, SCV and The Cadets as well. I may seem lame but yeh. Hope to see you guys on the field!
The Redcoats are coming.
SalukiShaffer
MDC-LC AWARD CEREMONY

CAPTION AWARDS:

Division I:

Music Winds- Cadets of Blue
Music Percussion- Cadets of Blue
Visual Performance- Cadets of Blue
Color Guard- Cadets of Blue
General Effect- Cadets of Blue

Division II:
Music Winds- Legion
Music Percussion- Great Lakes Sound
Visual Performance- Great Lakes Sound
Color Guard- Great Lakes Sound
General Effect- Great Lakes Sound

Division III:
Music Winds- Pride of the Reich
Music Percussion- Pride of the Reich
Visual Performance- Pride of the Reich
Color Guard- Pride of the Reich
General Effect- Pride of the Reich

SEASON AWARDS

Division I:
Fan Favorite Award- Cadets of Blue (16752)
Most Wins- no award
GOLD MEDAL- Cadets of Blue (64.580)
SILVER MEDAL- no award
BRONZE MEDAL- no award

Division II:
Fan Favorite Award- rebels (32840)
Most Wins- Great Lakes Sound (11)
GOLD MEDAL- Great Lakes Sound (77.795)
SILVER MEDAL- Legion (70.050)
BRONZE MEDAL- The Gents (63.220)

Division III:
Fan Favorite Award- North Star (3860)
Most Wins- Pride of the Reich (2)
GOLD MEDAL- Pride of the Reich (59.110)
SILVER MEDAL- Spirit of Cleveland (57.500)
BRONZE MEDAL- Platte County Pride Band (51.405)

DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD:

Division I- Killerchessie (Cadets of Blue)
Even when taking a little break to fundraise, this corps does spectacularly. In their first season as a Division I corps, the Cadets of Blue drum and bugle corps finishes on the podium 3 times. This corps has great things in store next season, and I sure can't wait to see where this corps ends up in full-out competition mode. Big things in store for Cadets of Blue

Division II- RedEastMovement (Legion)
This corps astounded me this season. In their first ever season in Division II, Legion swooped in to finish the regular season in 23rd place, hovering around 25-30th place for most of the season. That's impressive for the first time in the big show. This corps also had a stunning hornline that came in to take away the Music Winds Award from Great Lakes Sound, the 6th place corps in DII. Big things happened this season for Legion, and greater things to come for sure.

Division III- hockeylover1339 (Spirit of Cleveland)
This was a close call, but Spirit of Cleveland had more successes in my mind. They held a solid place in the 20's all season long in DIII, and was only edged out by Pride of the Reich near the very very end of the season. Winning a total of 6 medals, this corps is no stranger to the podium. All this success also came in their rookie season. I'm imagining a path made of gold taking this corps far in future seasons. Very far indeed.

Congrats to all award winners, hope you enjoyed this presentation.

Finals are just around the corner, and our only competitor with a solid spot in Finals is Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps, as they are currently in 6th place in DII. We have many other corps that will make semifinals though, and I wish them the best of luck in the Preliminary Round to make that happen. I'm looking forward to next season, many corps will be moving up to Division II from Division III, and with The Lakers in 6th place in DII, we might even have another corps in Division I to give Cadets of Blue a real challenge. As of now, look to your corps's finals runs and I wish all of you the best for next season.

SalukiShaffer
RedEastMovement
Thank you all for awarding me another award as a MDC-LC Division II member.

It truly was a bit harder for me to keep up with the Division II members in terms of simply the sheer talent the top tier groups had in comparison to mine, regardless of how much I rehearsed and the frequency of those rehearsals. Then again, my show this year was designed to be at the highest levels I thought I could do well on, with 9 on Winds, 6, 6, and 6 on Percussion, Guard, and Visual respectively, and that to climb to the top of Div. II in my first season as a DII member was probably a foolish dream.

Yet, I am glad that we did so well this season, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and my group.

God bless.
-RedEastMovement
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
On a side note, should I go for a fundraising season for S41, or make a new production?
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
SalukiShaffer
Nah. Make a run at the podium
SalukiShaffer
LittleD4010
I'm so pleased with how everyone performed this season, and in just a little over an hour, it'll be the start of Season 41. It'll take me an hour or two to set up all the competitions in all of my leagues, but in the end there will be tons of competitions to perform in. I'm very excited to see where this next season goes!
Meadowbrook
Drum Corps: S20- Div. II Gold Medalist (86.77)
CG: S24- Div. II Gold Medalist (96.635)
Drumline: S27- Div. II Gold Medalist (92.95)
LittleD4010
With a brand new season comes brand new things to introduce to the league!

1- We will have "The Weekly Colt Recap," every Saturday to recap on the weeks competitions and to keep you up to date on the leagues progress.
2- A New Scoring System that will be used this season. You are only eligible points if you compete in League Events, so get in them and earn points. Here is how I will score points:

1st- 8 points
2nd- 6 points
3rd- 4 points
4th- 2 points
5th- 1 point

I'll do this for each individual division AND overall, reguardless of division. So not only are there the Finals Champion for scoring 1st at Finals, but the Season Champs for being consistently good through-out the course of the season. If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask. Thank you for your time and best of luck this season! :)
Meadowbrook
Killerchessie
The Cadets of Blue have decided to go into competition this season. We are looking to get into Semi Finals if possible.
SalukiShaffer
Happy Division Assignment Day
The MDC-LC has the following numbers
Div 1- 1
Div 2- 10
Div 3- 22
Hopefully we all do well and finish high this season.

Great Lakes Sound Drum and Bugle Corps was placed in Division 2 again, and their preliminary rank is 4th place. The Laker's goal this season is to snag the Gold Medal. Finishing 6th last season, and with a few of those corps above us heading to Division 1, we feel it is an appropriate goal to have. It will take work. Hard work. But ultimately we feel that "Dreaming" is a show that will go all the way, and will get the fans roaring. We hope to see Great Lakes Sound on top of the podium after finals, and know our auditioned members are hungry for tha Gold Medal, which we will receive or bust. This is likely our last season in Division 2, so we're going to make the most of it before joining the BIG competition.

SalukiShaffer
LittleD4010
You beat me to the announcement for division assignments. Haha
Thanks you very much for this anyway, and I hope you do meet your expectations for this season!
Our show entitled, "Side X Side," hopes to land us a medal for the first time in it's corps history! With hard work, we can achieve it.

I hope everyone is having a great pre-season, and I can't wait for the real season to start!!
Meadowbrook
RedEastMovement
The Red East Classic II has been created and set to be on none other than Valentine's Day, February 14, 2015.

Show some love for the RedEast and sign up if you got the spots and time, would you all? c:
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
LittleD4010
Today is the day!!!!
It's the official first day of the season and first competitions! I hope everyone has had a great pre-season and I wish you all the best of luck today and throughout the season!
Let the games begin!
Meadowbrook
RedEastMovement
Forgive me if I might sound a bit rude but...
Is anyone still active here in MDC-LC?
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
This is my notice of transfer to the CLASS league. Forgive me, but I just want to move on to a league that is more active especially this time of year when I actually CAN put my time and efforts in competing for a medal.

I can't thank you all enough for helping me grow into a moderately successful director of my groups. Hopefully, I can continue to be constructive and build upon past successes. Here's to all the other directors for the future of this league!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Killerchessie
The Cadets of Blue will be back for competition in season 46. After raising funds for 2 seasons, The Cadets of Blue will be looking to make finals this upcoming season with an amazing show designed just for them.
LittleD4010
I just want to announce that I am truly sorry I have been gone for so long! I'm currently a Music Education major in college and my schedule is VERY BUSY and exhausting. BUT, I'm refreshed and ready for Season 59 to start a new journey and tour schedule!

It will consists of 5 competitions per week (including a Regional Event) and Prelims, Semis, and Finals. Lots of opportunities to compete and have fun! If any questions, please feel free to message me here, or DM

Thanks again!!
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
M-LC Tour Schedule
Week 1
- University of Miami (Yager Stadium)
- University of Cincinnati** (Nippert Stadium)
- University of Dayton (Welcome Stadium)
- University of Findlay (Donnell Stadium)
- Ohio Northern University (Dial-Roberson Stadium)
Week 2
- Bowling Green State University** (Doyt. L. Perry Stadium)
- University of Toledo (The Glass Bowl)
- Tiffin University (Frost-Kalnow Stadium)
- Baldwin Wallace University (The George Finnie Stadium)
- Case Western Reserve University (DiSanto Field)
Week 3
- Notre Dame College (Mueller Field)
- University of Akron (InfoCision Stadium)
- Kent State University** (Dix Stadium)
- University of Mount Union (Mount Union Stadium)
- Ashland University (Jack Miller Stadium)
Week 4
- Ohio Wesleyan University (Selby Stadium)
- Otterbein University (Memorial Stadium)
- The Ohio State University**(Ohio Stadium)
- Ohio University (Peden Stadium)
- Marietta College (Don Drumm Stadium)
Week 5
- Prelims
- Semi Finals
- Finals (Eugene Capers Field)
-FMA Pre/Semi/FInals (Lucas Oil Stadium)

This is the tour schedule for next season. If you want to compete this season, but can't find open events, let me know and I can create some so you have the chance to do so.
P.S.- The events marked with (**) are Regional events
Meadowbrook
jcrawford26
Hello MDC-LC,

I logged into FMA this morning to find my D3 drum corps Euphony Empire has been removed from the league. I was a member for all of season 59 and competed in a very large number of league events. My D3 marching band is still a member of MMB-LC.

Did I do something wrong? I am about 99% sure I didn't accidentally click "quit league".
Euphony Empire - Atlanta Honor Band - Empire Guard - Euphony Thunder
Season 66 Division II Champions