Login Create Account
PEARL - League Thread
gcurrier
I wanted to say that I'm proud to be part of PEARL this season! the league is one of the up and coming leagues in FMA and I'm thrilled to be part of the excitement!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
crowleylex
Yes it did lol... that's so weird.
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
crowleylex
Thank you for joining. it's an honor to have you
crowleylex
Just an FYI.. I made a mistake and scheduled our league championship on June 14 instead of July 14. Unfortunately I only may create one championship per season. However, I moved the championship to RIchmond, Va on July 11th :) I hope there is still a good turnout.
gcurrier
I had a prior engagement already scheduled but I will still represent PEARL proudly! And we've (at least any league leader) have all been there!

alxmm98
Hello guys. I must apologize to you all. Ive failed at being on the board so far. I havent been active. School has really been hard, and now i have summer work. Im sorry that ill be inactive this season again. But i promise next season i will be back. Sorry everyone. And wow! Its nice to have u gcurrier!!!
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
gcurrier
Thank you Alexander! Good luck with the summer

AlanLovesMe
I have a question. Instead of moving the championship to Richmond on July 11, why not base our championship on where everyone stands by july 14? By doing this, everyone has a chance to compete for the title.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Solaris132
I like that idea. It would also mean that everyone would need to have a show to compete in that day (or day before) so that their updated scores go onto the stats page, last I saw there are still a good amount of shows with spots left.
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
gcurrier
We did this in CLASS one year because of a set up issue...I took everyone's score from the last day and created a CLASS Virtual Champion

alxmm98
Sounds good to me actually
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
echstrumpet8
I love what FAME did for their schedule!
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
alxmm98
Yes, its VERY cool
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Aaron0316
Thank you. I'll pick another set of our members' hometowns next season.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
alxmm98
Although im not competting this season, im on a small marketing campaign for our league. I think its time we open up our gates to FMA. We have the firepower to become the most powerful drumline league on the site, and the largest. I feel that with more growth, especially more D1 and D2 lines, our league will get more active participants. The experience will just be better for everyone. Well, hopefully more ppl join this season. Btw, ive come up with a league slogan that i think is perfect for our league.

Join PEARL today, where drumlines shine!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
echstrumpet8
The slogan is icing on the cake. Love it!
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
alxmm98
PEARL is proud to present its two newest additions, Archmen Indoor and The Holy Winged Percussion!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
gcurrier
Love the slogan! Bravo! Oh wait wrong league Lol let me know what help you need man!

crowleylex
The time has come to induct our first group to the Pearl Hall of Fame. Nominees are selected by our board of directors and are chosen based on our requirements and their performance over three consecutive seasons; in this case, they were selected based on performance over seasons 41, 42, and 43.

The two nominees that we felt fulfilled most of the requirements are Beatboxers (Mr. FinalFantasy) and Black Beat NZ (the one and only, Kiwidrummer). Please read the descriptions of both and cast your vote.

Beatboxers took gold at the first Pearl Championship in season 41. Also, in season 41, they finished 8th at FMA finals with an 89.680!!! They are former winners of the Pearl Cup. In addition, they have won numerous awards, such as the Golden Snare and Diamond Snare (for Music Performance), the Golden Boots and Ruby Boots(for Visual Performance), the Golden Rod and Ruby Rod (for Visual Ensembles), the Golden Plaque and Diamond Plaque (for GE Visual), and the Honorary Founder's Award (for Director of the Season in season 41). Even though they were in exhibition for seasons 42 and 43, Beatboxers still have remained one of the most active, dedicated groups in Pearl.

Black Beat NZ is our season 42 Pearl champion with their show “Who's Your Superman” and took home a bronze medal at our season 43 championship in Sydney. Since being a Pearl group, they have been a two time FMA finalist, placing 11th in season 42 and 10th last season. Black Beat NZ also has won the Silver Sticks and the Diamond Sticks award (for Music Ensemble), the Golden Music Note and Diamond Music Note (for outstanding GE Music), and has been the winner of the prestigious Pearl Cup. Black Beat’s dedication to the league is quite remarkable. We are proud to have them on the board of directors. (Note: Black Beat NZ has NOT nominated themselves.)

Now that you know more about these wonderful nominees, let’s get down to business. Follow the link posted at the bottom of this post. Please select which group you believe is more worthy at this time of being inducted into Pearl Hall of Fame. It's that simple. Let's have a good turnout. I'm excited for the results!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9FBNZFG

alxmm98
The HoF ballot will be open for one week everyone. So far 14 people have voted. Please show your support by voting in the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9FBNZFG
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President