Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
RedEastMovement
Bi-Weekly Report #2 - S53
-------------------

Division 3
------------

HIGH SCORE TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (82.600)
2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (71.270)
3. (5.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar (67.775)

WINDS TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (8.225)
2. (4.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (7.235)
3. (5.) Silent Cacophony - SilentMember (7.220)

PERCUSSION TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (8.160)
2. (5.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (7.210)
3. (8.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar (6.710)

MUSIC ENSEMBLE TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (8.445)
2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (7.210)
3. (4.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar (6.975)

VISUAL PERFORMANCE TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (8.145)
2. (4.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (6.955)
3. (5.) Silent Cacophony - SilentMember (6.820)

GUARD TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (8.280)
2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (7.040)
3. (5.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar (6.685)

VISUAL ENSEMBLE TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (8.390)
2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (7.065)
3. (4.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar (6.855)

GEN EFFECT MUSIC TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (16.625)
2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (14.280)
3. (4.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar (13.670)

GEN EFFECT VISUAL TOP 3
1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn (16.335)
2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1 (14.155)
3. (5.) King's Crown Marching Band - CDK24 (13.595)

--------
Division 3 Leader: James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn
*Leaders are simply groups that have clinched the most No. 1 spot of the Bi-Weekly Reports*
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
Thank you to all those who take the time to actually read them.
If I made any minute blips and errors, please forgive me. Even a guy who's passionate about crunching FMA statistics can make them at times.

Please do alert me so that the next Bi-Weekly Reports get better with less errata.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Aaron0316
It's always appreciated, Red. Thanks again!
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
corndogshuffle
Well done as always REM, thanks for doing the work. Been fun watching my group climb the ranks every time you do this!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Aaron0316
In case you missed it, here is the link to vote on next season's tour.

Choose the idea that you like

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z89NVMS

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
cjbuckley1997
I think I voted already but idk so I voted again...could you count my second vote please?
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Aaron0316
ENCORE's looking very strong. Have a good show.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
RedEastMovement
According to a recent email leak, these are the details concerning Der Reich's Season 54 production, "Despite This, I Still Believe."

The theme supposedly honors the many unfortunate and tragic dead due to all the atrocities committed by various criminals and terrorists during the months of June-July 2016.

The title itself is a quote from Anne Frank, who once wrote in her now-famous Diary:

“In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again.”

As for the music, it was specially considered and selected by Gustav Schneider, who wanted to ensure that "the unquenchable fires of humanity must always be honored and treasured, despite the evil that is always at work to extinguish it"

Opener: Simple Gifts - Aaron Copland (Santa Clara Vanguard (2009) - "Ballet For Martha")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHzIlHcED4

Act I: Viva La Vida / Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmb7YIKqLeM (Viva)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YykjpeuMNEk (Hymn)

Act II: I Vow To Thee, My Country (Thaxted) by Gustav Holst arr. Cecil Spring Rice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hym7N2PhLGQ

Closer: Same Love by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys (Madison Scouts (2011) - "New York Morning")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpLBZMxcspM (Empire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0 (Same Love)
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Aaron0316
Hi, all, the survey concluded with these results. We will be competing at the top college football teams' stadiums.

Here is a link to the data if you want to take a look.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-PTRMWVLM/

I will be using this list of teams starting with the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Aaron0316
The events are posted :)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
congrats to Aaron on his big win!!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
RedEastMovement
Since it has technically been another two weeks, the third and final Bi-Weekly Report for Season 53 would have been released late last night or very early this morning. However, I instead opted not to go in depth with the numbers and instead simply focus on the Top 3 High Score members in each division of our league. I apologize if this offends anyone, but in the end, we all have to concede that its that High Score category that decides the Bronze, Silver, or Gold, right?
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
Finals Report - Season 53
-------------------

Division 1
------------

3. (10.) Aftershock NZ Performing Arts School - Kiwidrummer
Score: 89.210
Comments: The PAS has had a very respectable run in Season 53 and the finishing placement of 10th overall in the Division I of the Marching Band circuit can be considered the icing on their cake. "Zodiac" contained one of the finest percussion performances during Finals, and truly turned away all doubters as to who would receive the 10th overall placement.

2. (2.) Robinson Secondary School Marching Rams - corndogshuffle
Score: 99.495
Comments: The Rams were under the overwhelming shadow of the Marching Elite the entire season. However, that fact should not take away anything from their run this season that landed them the Silver medals. "The Music of David Holsinger" was truly one of my favorites to listen during the Finals competition. I actually did shed a tear during "On A Hymnsong of Philip Bliss" due to the sheer beauty of their rendition of that amazing piece. Congratulations!

1. (1.) Marching Elite - Aaron0316
Score: 99.560
Comments: With this score, Marching Elite have placed themselves as 3rd on the All-Time highest scores of the Division I circuit for Marching Band in FMA. While I personally did not connect as deeply to the Marvel-inspired repertoire that Elite's production "Marvel" brought to life on the field, there was absolutely no doubt who would end up taking home the gold medals that night. As a man whose emphasis is placed on the Music Winds caption for his own groups, I will not deny I was screaming like a groupie at a Twenty One pilots concert when Elite blasted (with control, of course!) through "Captain America March" by Alan Silvestri.

Thank you to all these amazing DI groups!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
-------------------

Division 2
------------
I'd like to personally congratulate ENCORE! on a near clean sweep of the Top 10 of Division II Marching Bands! Only two rogue, but well-deserving groups taking up the #6 & #7 spots were not of ENCORE! Bands.

3. (3.) Alton High Marching 100 - ElfmanForever
Score: 91.945
Comments: This group embodies the spirit of a humble, but confident worker who does not display much of their ego and does not cause much attention to be drawn to themselves through talk, but rather letting the work that they do talk for them. With their show derived from Dmitri Shostakovich's "Festive Overture," The 100's production on the field firmly let everybody know last night who would be taking the Bronze medals home.

2. (2.) Bismarchers - goldendawn
Score: 98.890
Comments: It cannot be denied that Bismarchers seemed to be destined for the Silver medals from the outset of the season. No, this is not some insult, but rather a testimony to their undeniable skill and effort as a whole ensemble as well as their amazing consistency through a very competitive season. "Leningrad" gets its music from another work of Dmitri Shostakovich: his 7th Symphony, also entitled "Leningrad." Unmistakably, the whole stadium rose in approval during the powerful and awe-inspiring closer. I must say, though I was helping my own group (Der Reich) get debriefed and enjoy popsicles just outside the stadium, the fact that I could hear the closer loud and clear as if I was sitting in the stands is a testimony to their talents as a musical ensemble. Very well done! Oh, and did I mention that their score is currently listed as the second best score All-Time in the DII marching band circuit?

1. (1.) Marching Knights - gcurrier
Score: 99.420
Well, if Bismarchers is currently listed as the second best score All-Time in the DII marching band circuit, it should take no guessing as to who the All-Time score leader of the DII marching band circuit is at this current moment. It wasn't too long ago that my group performed "Danse Bacchanale" by Camille Saint-Saens for their DII production. I was highly curious as to how Knights' rendition would sound like on the field. After that performance, I am embarrassed to say that I nearly missed the awards ceremony as I had to be revived from blacking out due to screaming in approval so intensely. I should also note that Marching Knights took gold wherever they chose to perform in Season 53, and there was absolutely no doubt as to who would take gold last night.

Thank you to all these amazing DII groups!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
-------------------

Division 3
------------

3. (6.) Atlantic Storm - ToastyCar
Score: 69.900
Comments: For a group that has taken such a long hiatus as Storm, from Season 39 until Season 53, they experienced a very strong comeback despite dipping back into Division III. With a title of "1776," Storm's production truly made me feel like the proud American I always ought to be. After the performance, I felt compelled to buy a burger and drink some ice-cold Coke. Unfortunately, the line was too long the risk of losing my spot overlooking the 50 in the stands.

2. (3.) Wenatchee HS Golden Apple Marching Band - theamazing1
Score: 73.190
Comments: Based on his real-life show that he personally marched in 2013 (his freshman year), theamazing1's "The Knight" was a perfect example of how FMA groups can quickly rise through the ranks in successive seasons through hard work, luck, and just enough cash to buy yourself a DQ Blizzard at the end of a long rehearsal. The ballad captivated me enough to put a stupid grin on my face. I feel as if this group will one day be one of those groups that will make me scream like a crazy-ass groupie from their musical ability, like Marching Elite and Marching Knights.

1. (1.) James Madison Memorial High - JustJohn
Score: 87.150
Comments: The first word that comes to mind with this ensemble is: "damn." I'm serious! This group absolutely came out of nowhere to completely dominate the DIII marching band circuit. It was a true pleasure watching this group walk into finals night, heads held high, confident about their abilities as a whole ensemble and did nothing less than prove who was the top dog in the DIII circuit and who would be taking the gold medals that night. "To Tame The Perilous Skies" is a fitting title for this group; DIII is often one of the most unstable and ever-changing circuits in marching band as so many both new and returning groups are in neck-to-neck competition to not only take their places on the podium on finals night, but also to be promoted into the DII circuit as well. Memorial High seemed to walk in and //tame// this //perilous// division this season and sit atop the golden throne uncontested. Truly an amazing feat.

Thank you to all these amazing DIII groups!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Aaron0316
RedEast, I'm glad you, at least, liked the Captain America March! (lol) Marvel was a marvelous show for Marching Elite. We're not concerned with winning back to back titles. Thus, we're taking a season off to prepare for season 55.

On the other hand, I'll still be here watching with much excitement as everyone's show develops.

By the way, I forgot to add it to the title ( I was copying and pasting too quickly), but in case you didn't figure it out, the last ENCORE event of the season, ENCORE! @ Bryant–Denny Stadium on September 6th, is the championship event.

Welcome to ENCORE! Robert E Fitch High School Marching Band, Marching Crimson Raiders, and Sound Of Thunder. We're thrilled to have you.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
I missed the write up until now--great job RedEast!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
theamazing1
AMAZING write ups, RedEast. Wow.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
cjbuckley1997
OFFICIALLY D1 for ALL of my groups!!!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS