Login Create Account
Season 108: Discussion, Rankings, Competitions, Etc.
gcurrier4
For band ENCORE! keeps running strong and welcomes new members
lemon
We're now halfway through the season! How does everyone feel they're doing so far? As for me, I'm quite happy with my positions in all 4 circuits and however this plays out, it's looking to be a historic season for my groups
Lemony fresh!
Wakasagihime21
My drum corps is doing surprisingly well, never expected to get this far lol
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
mceuph
My marching band is coming for you, lemon
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
blackspid3r
Brand spanking new here. It should be fun—all the best fellow directors!
blackspid3r - Director of:
-Rochester Royals DBC - DCL
-Wexler High School Warbirds - WCPA
-Nexus - ICCG
-Pulse - MPC
gcurrier4
I'm pretty pleased how we are doing in Div 2, both Marching Band and Corps currently #1 and Guard and Percussion #2. BETTER SEASON THAN I THOUGHT
JMike18
I'm not gonna lie, I am somewhat underwhelmed with my Corp & Drumline. Now don't get me wrong, both groups are doing fine (15th for corp, and 14th for drumline) and both are in D1, however with the absence of my guard and band who are almost always at the top of D1, I'm just kinda chugging along.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
Dreems2
I'm pretty happy where I'm at! First season with all groups in D1 and we're all currently within the top 8 which I think is an awesome achievement!
Dreems- Director of:
-(HOPE) Lake Orion High School Marching Band
-(ROYAL) LOHS Winter Percussion
-(INS) Metamorphosis Color Guard
-(DCL) Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps
alxmm98
This has been the greatest season in The Panthers' history! Trying really hard to win Gold for the first time since season 45
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Dreems2
Best of luck to everyone performing at Si Feng's home competition tonight! I'll be doing some predictions a little bit later, as well as announcing some special awards such as an Esprit De Corps award as well as a divisional crowd favorite! Best of luck to everyone tonight! We look forward to finding out the scores tonight!
Dreems- Director of:
Dreems2
Good evening everyone! I'm here today, of course, at the Sandstone Column parade! And we will be looking at some of our performers today and making predictions! The performers we will be looking at today were partially picket at random, while the others were explicitly hand-picked due to our excitement in seeing them!

Of course, we're going to start off with our fellow international friends: Petaling Jaya Sound!
Petaling Jaya has been fantastic this season, reasonably consistently placing top five overall, they definitely have what it takes to make a big jump in score, though, that is down to the members and how hard they're willing to work. Nonetheless, the group has made a long trip to Xiangjiajie, along with everyone else, so we're excited to see them further represent Asia and its finest Drum Corps!

Second, we're going to take a look at a group led by everyone's favorite commentator! The Panthers! The Panthers, led by commentator alxmm98 are fighting for a possibly score of 90 tonight, which will be a huge turning point in their fight for a gold medal here in division one, while the Rebels do lead by about 1.2 points, it's not a substantial enough lead for me to say that the title race is over by any means! I believe even Legacy as well can definitely give both groups a scare, settling in at around an 88 going into tonight's performance is very good for them, I believe that the Panthers will put up a solid challenge for gold this year, and with a little bit of effort, I think they can win!

Next, we will be taking a look at Rebels! The current leaders of division one, and the current group in which have only placed first! Rebels have an incredible track record this season, I expect that they'll continue more of that tonight with a very impressive performance of their show entitled: "Entranced With You" They'll continue their rise past a score of 90, I predict that they won't quite break a 91, but they'll get close!

Third, we're going to take a look at the division two side; Vision Drum & Bugle Corps! Vision is currently fighting for first place alongside the group Patriots, due to them not performing tonight alongside Vision, or at another competition, tonight, I have Vision, at least for now, taking first place. It should be a back-and-forth for the two groups for the rest of the season, but until then, Vision will use tonight's show to push for a more consistent first place, looking for possibly their first division 2 title!

Finally, we're going to take a look at the division three side; Gold Coast C! GCC currently sit in 6th place in Division three by only .015ths of a point! There's very little separating them from 4th place even, and I'll make a bold prediction and say that they can pull out 4th place and compete for a medal even. Of course, anything can happen in this activity!

Overall, the Sandstone Column Parade is a very exciting event to be able to host, obviously, and of course perform in exhibition as well! I wish all of you the best of luck! I will post the extra awards given out after scores are announced at 8PM EST! Good luck everyone! And have an awesome show!
Dreems- Director of:
alxmm98
What a crazy finish! Rebels hold on to their lead but the gap is closing. High Desert Vanguard finally jumps Legacy! Things are about to get interesting
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Dreems2
Sandstone Column Parade Awards!

Esprit De Corps - Echo DBC
Division 1 Crowd Favorite - Si Feng DBC! (The crowd seems a bit biased... But that's what the random wheel decided)
Division 2 Crowd Favorite - Vision DBC!
Division 3 Crowd Favorite - Gold Knights!
Gamechanger Award - High Desert Vanguard!

That's all for this seasons Sandstone Column Parade competition! Thank you all so much for your attendance and performances! It was a great night, best of luck to the rest of your season!
Dreems- Director of:
JMike18
Dreems2, I love your little write up!
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
Dreems2
Aww, thank you! I wanna do more in the future, long as alxmm is okay with that haha, don't wanna take his job >^<

I had a ton of fun writing it, the write-ups are a lot of fun and for me add a little element of roleplay and realism to the whole thing. I've always enjoyed writing stories as well, so this helps fuel that addiction haha

I'm trying to be a more active member of the community, I never really talked much until recently, but I wanna get more acquainted with everyone :p
Dreems- Director of:
Wakasagihime21
Love the writeup! Keep the good stuff coming Dreems!
Hawknate1
Yeah I love the writeups as well, might do some of my own, meanwhile im working on my season 109 show reveal fro my drum corp, and thinking up next years marching band show
ScepTorBird
Does anyone need a new MB league? Ill invite you to GSPA!
Director of everything InFinIte, Aurorain, IPA, and APA!
alxmm98
What a great showing for all the Corps in attendance tonight. The Maple City Clash of the Corps was a huge success! Rebels is clearly running away with the title now, further increasing their lead on The Panthers. Clearly the corps is hungry to win. They have never won a D1 Medal, just like their fellow CLASS rival. In Rebels' case, they haven't won Gold since S92 in DII. The Panthers haven't won since all the way back in S45 for DII! Both groups are fighting but if I had to put my money on it, id take Rebels.

Some other big storylines unfolded tonight. Legacy Drum and Bugle corps and Petaling Jaya Sound are in a tight heat for 3rd. Its CLASS v DCL, and both groups have jumped High Desert Vanguard. I expect this to change since Vanguard have not comepeted since the 15th.

The Couchaliers and Si Feng are also in a great battle for their place in the standings. Synecdoche are trending downwards. I never thought this would happen when the season began, but now I think its very pausible that Maple City Cadets jump them. We will see how the corps responds.

To round out DI, Spirit of the Raiders once again reclaimed their spot at 12. The group has been fighting hard to make it into finals. It will be interesting to see if they can get it done. The competition is fierce.

In DII, the gcurrier led Patriots lead once again to noone's surprise. They are at the top of DII, although this may not last with Vision right on their tale. Lone Star Crusaders continue their great season with a 2nd place finish while Golden Shock gets 3rd. The latter is a group trending upward. They have been impressive as of late. Mountainmen are right behind them. I give the slight edge to Golden Shock but it really could go either way if both groups stay on the same trajectory.

Red thunder won comfortabley in DIII. They sit in 4th place in the standings.

Top Performers
Best Music - Petaling Jaya Sound
Best Visuals - Petaling Jaya Sound
Best Ensemble - Rebels
Best Performance - Rebels
Fan Favorite - Maple City Cadets

Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Wakasagihime21
Humbled to achieve Best Music and Best Visual with Petaling Jaya Sound.
No time to get complacent though — the recent success has led to our members being hungry for more.