Login Create Account
Season 108: Discussion, Rankings, Competitions, Etc.
mceuph
So, despite not signing up for any shows. My drum corps is still showing in prelims, but when you go to my profile it says there are no scores for the season. Sorry for knocking someone out. The system used to not do that.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
lemon
Funnily enough, you knocked out FastForward's only competing account
Lemony fresh!
Mellophone21
I think if you create a show, it enters you into the finals track.
"Life without music is unthinkable. Music without life is academic." -
Leonard Bernstein
Wakasagihime21
Oh nah, even if you farm for influence/money, you still show up regardless.
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
Dreems2
I'll try and do a post for Semis, if I'm unable to, then I'll do one for finals!
Dreems- Director of:
-(HOPE) Lake Orion High School Marching Band
-(ROYAL) LOHS Winter Percussion
-(INS) Metamorphosis Color Guard
-(DCL) Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps
mceuph
Please do not include my drum corps in any rankings.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
alxmm98
Since Continuum is only performing in Exhibition, we will consider Spirit of the Raiders 12th place. Its an honest mistake that unfortunately cant be rectified officially, but Spirt will still be included in my end of season review. It will be a finals prediction and in depth review of the entire top 12. Anyone else that wants to write stuff please do! I encourage you to get involved and be creative.
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
JMike18
Hey Lemon..... Continuum knocked me out of finals.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
lemon
Oh crap sorry, was looking at the wrong thing
Lemony fresh!
Dreems2
As stated by Alxmm, I'm going to consider Spirit of the Raiders in 12th place, but here we go! S108 Semifinals predictions! I will also do my own recap of finals, I assume alongside Alxmm, I'll try and cover as much as I can so I'm not copying haha.

--------------------------

Hello, one and all! I am Dreems, and we are here today at none other than the FMA Drum Corps Semifinals! Today, we will witness some of the very best corps in FMA, it's going to be an exciting day today, and I cannot wait to witness this year's best and greatest shows! Of course, let's start off with this year's favorite to win - Rebels! Rebels have had a very strong lead most of this season, their only real competitor being the Panthers, Rebels have been everyone's favorite to win it all, though, they won't win every caption award as none other than the High Desert Vanguard lead in both the Music and Visual Ensemble captions. Speaking of which, cementing themselves pretty firmly in third place is the High Desert Vanguard with their show; Miss Saigon. A fantastic, marching take on the 1989 musical.

Just one place down, the fight for fourth and fifth place has never been more heated! Hailing from San Francisco, CA, is Legacy DBC! They currently hold fourth place by just a hair. .020 of a point over Petaling Jaya Sound! The corps representing Malaysia is keeping it close and keeping everyone on their toes with a fantastic showing alongside Legacy! Either group can definitely take it here!

We see a growing difference between the scores of Si Feng in 6th place, and the Couchaliers in 7th place, the two corps have been going at each others throats throughout the entire season, trading blows, until recently where unfortunately for the Couchaliers, Si Feng pulled ahead and stole 6th place. Both groups have put on a fantastic showing, managing to hit historic numbers for the two groups, earning above 90! A historic feat especially for Si Feng, as it is their first ever score with a 90! Si Feng can certainly be proud of what they've done this season, they have thrown down.

8th and 9th is anybody's game with the right conditions, just .5 separating 8th place Synecdoche, and 9th place Central Symphony, both groups as well have been electric this season and are going to be putting on an exciting showing this Semifinals night! Of course, let's not count out 10th place, either! The Maple City Cadets from LaPorte, Indiana are just .5 behind Central Symphony, and most certainly could cause an upset if any group starts to give up now. 8th through 10th is sure to be an exciting race! And then in 11th and 12th, are Eternal Glory, and the Spirit of The Raiders, both groups look very solid and are well cemented in their respective placings, I don't believe we will see any upsets here.

With that, we must wrap up predictions for tonights semifinals. Anything can happen, but out of all 12 groups, I expect the group to impress us will be Petaling Jaya Sound, they could very much cause an upset! I can also see Central Symphony doing the same thing, so there are your ones to watch! And of course, let us give a special shout out to Continuum, who will be performing their show in exhibition at Semi-Finals and Finals tonight and tomorrow night!

To finish, here are my predictions!:
1st - Rebels
2nd - The Panthers
3rd - High Desert Vanguard
4th - Petaling Jaya Sound
5th - Legacy Drum & Bugle Corps
6th - Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps
7th - The Couchaliers
8th - Central Symphony
9th - Synecdoche
10th - Maple City Cadets
11th - Eternal Glory
12th - Spirit Of The Raiders
---------
13th - Spectrum Force
Dreems- Director of:
alxmm98
Dreems if u can pls handle prediction tonight. I will be doing a full recap and review of the event. Here is an excerpt of the article I am writing...

We are live at Lucas Oil Stadium for the S108 FMA World Championship. It has been one of the most exciting seasons of play in the history of FMA. Congratulations to Patriots and The Seawolves on their respective victories. Both groups have been world class for an entire month and FMA is lucky to have them competing at such a high level. And now for the big boys. The reason 12,000 are in attendance. Division 1.

12. Spirit of the Raiders have had a good season. They have dealt with adversity but have overcome all the obstacles standing in their way, including a surprise appearance from Spectrum Force, the long scrutinized FastForward corps. I have been asked why I believe their program, "A Band Director's Perspective" is the most difficult put on by a group this season. The reason I say this is because of how different all three movements of this show are from each other. Phillip Glass' The Canyon slowly draws you into the mind of a band director. Its repetitive rhythm manages to put you in a bit of a trance, eagerly wondering what is coming next. The visuals in this opening section are splendid to watch as well. Its clear that the group emphasized visuals in general, with a powerful hornline to compliment. Where the show takes an unexpected turn is Concierto De Aranjuez. It may be the best ballad in FMA. Its Spanish flair brings a different sound. This is almost outdone by the closing segment, Madea's Dance of Vengeance. Pure chaos. The tonal shift from the beautiful to the ugly carries the show to its climactic finish. While not the cleanest, this has been a fun one to witness all season long. Spirit really did get into the mind of a band director with this one. - 83.800

Its gonna take too long to be done before finals. Thank you!
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Dreems2
Sounds good! I can do predictions! I'll start writing em up soon as I'm done with my food! ^^
Dreems- Director of:
JMike18
Is it bad to say that I got tears in my eyes while reading that??? lol.

Excellent! Cannot wait to read the entire article.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
Dreems2
Good evening everyone! I am excited to announce that it is finally finals night! We are here, live for some pre-finals predictions! I'm excited to be doing predictions tonight, and we will have an even more exciting finals recap from our very own Alxmm, I am Dreems, and let's get right into our predictions!

It comes as no surprise to anyone that after a dominant semifinals performance, our first-place prediction is none other than the Rebels, after holding nearly a 1-point lead on The Panthers. Speaking of whom, The Panthers have been doing the same between themselves and the third-placed High Desert Vanguard, I believe the Panthers will hold onto Second-Place comfortably, while the High Desert Vanguard holds onto third comfortably.

A less comfortable area, however is fourth and fifth place, .020 points is all that separates Petaling Jaya Sound in fourth, and Legacy Drum & Bugle Corps in fifth. I believe that those places will be retained by both groups, though I believe the very small margin between the two groups will stay there when we find out the scores from finals. At most I'll predict a .1 difference between the groups.

Now onto sixth and seventh! Where Si Feng looks to further the gap between themselves and The Couchaliers, who they have now somewhat comfortably pulled ahead of. I believe Si Feng will hold onto their sixth place and The Couchaliers will stay in seventh, not too much movement there. 9th place Central Symphony looks to do the same in the final day of the season and overtake 8th place Synecdoche, I could see either group being ahead of each other, the two are near parallel in score and talent. Though my prediction still goes to Central Symphony.

I don't think we'll see much movement between 10th, 11th and 12th, with at least a point separating each group, so I believe all those rankings will stay the same. And thus, this concludes a short prediction before finals scores are released! Best of luck to everyone! Leave it all on the field!

1st - Rebels
2nd - The Panthers
3rd - High Desert Vanguard
4th - Petaling Jaya Sound
5th - Legacy Drum & Bugle Corps
6th - Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps
7th - The Couchaliers
8th - Central Symphony
9th - Synecdoche
10th - Maple City Cadets
11th - Eternal Glory
12th - (Honorarily) Spirit of The Raiders!

I look forward to seeing Continuum's fantastic exhibition performance tonight as well! best of luck to everyone!
Dreems- Director of:
ScepTorBird
Hell of a season everyone!
Director of everything InFinIte, Aurorain, IPA, and APA!
Wakasagihime21
Hell of a season indeed!
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
Happy to Announce That Gold Coast Indoor Won their first title ever!

Season 108 Drumline Division II Champions!

Gold Coast B Winterguard took the Bronze in Winterguard division III championships!
Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R
Aquaflamma85
23 seasons in and Rebels have finally managed to win gold in all 3 divisions! What a season and what a story for everyone involved with this corps. Can only say how proud we are of every member, staff, volunteer and alumni that helped achieve this long term goal. Onto more big things in the future hopefully. But for now we celebrate!
Director of Rebels
-The Best Rebel Band In All The Land!
JMike18
Big Congratulations to everyone who competed in S108! This season brought in so many new players and was very intense amongst the Divisions and Classes! Hopefully S109 tops this season! ;)
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
gcurrier4
Congratulations to the REBELS!! it will be an honor to add their first title to the leader board!

I'm very proud of what the Patriots did in a very short season taking Division 2!! Perhaps they will be back one day!

Great season everyone!