Login Create Account
CLASS Season 10 Forum
gcurrier
here is the CLASS Forum season 10

Chairman - gcurrier
President - mdmackowiak
Vice President of Administration - open
Vice President of Communication - open

For current members please see our league profile! They include every Division I Champion since season 2!!! They also include all three Divisional Champions from season 9! Season 9 was so successful for CLASS that we made up 50% of all corps that made it to finals in all divisions. 7 of the top 12 Division I and III corps including Gold and Silver are CLASS members (Nemesis, Sapphire Vanguard and R's Regiment, The Raiders. 4 of the Division II finalist including Gold with Lexington Legends.

We don't strive to be the largest league in FMA, we strive to be THE BEST!

We also hold the current WORLD RECORD SCORE of 93.92 with Nemesis.

However; we aren’t just about winning. Striving to be the best means much more than scores on finals night! Our directors are some of the most active and influential in the activity. Why? Because we care about making the activity the best it can possibly be. Eagle Regiment director Bando is often at the top of the activity, but its his off the field actions that have helped create FMA into a truly fun and involved pass time. Leagues are what they are in large part because of his work! You will also see him frequently involved with discussions on many boards and actually far outnumbers anyone else in that respect. cire from the Blue Deviled Eggs is the highest ranked director in the activity--why? Because he works hard at it! His corps has consistently been a finalist evey year and certainly has challenged for more than one title! VincentPezza from Modern Antic and a11igat0r from Graffiti are two more fine examples of INCREDIBLE directors. Again not because of the end score, but because of what they bring to CLASS and FMA with their involvement to make this all a better place to be. Success is not simply measured by a score. Its measured by what you put into at CLASS. I am proud to lead, the number one league in FMA!

Rules: there seem to be a lot less than press would have you believe:

* strive to be the best (see what that means by reading above)

* give seating priority to your fellow CLASS corps at shows--however we only require you hold those spots a few days after announcing then you can open it up.

* going forward we will work at a schedule plan that simply tries to make sure we dont all set our shows for the same days. As you go to set your date, make sure a CLASS corps has not taken it (make sure to put CLASS in your title so we know it is taken).

* there is no final standing requirement or influence requirement

* CLASS finals will be the LAST competition day before FMA Prelims--regionals will be on Sundays—members decide regional and finals locations on a rotating basis.

* assist your fellow CLASS corps members wherever you can--this is a brother/sisterhood!

* have FUN and make this activity the best it can be!

Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
I just realized doing some looking at historical data that two of my oldest rivals are right here in CLASS. Season one both Tiger Pride Regiment and Bluegrass Regiment beat me in division III (7th and 9th while I got 12th). We all jumped to Division I where we have been ever since in season 2. Tiger Pride got 30th so I got you back for the first season but Bluegrass Regimnent was still beating on me as they got 23rd and I got 25th. Incidentally, who got 26th that season? Sapphire Vanguard!! WOW!

So far by the way--season 3 win by Nemesis is the largest jump to win the Division 1 title in FMA2 history (i dont know where we see FMA 1 history). They went from 25th to 1st. BUT NOT BY MUCH. Darkness who appears to no longer be a CLASS member went from 20th to win in season 5. Who is next??? CLASS corps in that category appear to be First Legion, Great Lakers or Graffiti--unless its Epic who would go from being dormant to winning it all!

bando
Its crazy how dormant some people may be and then one season they get on enough and bam. I wish I had a season like that. haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
I am concerned about my friend at Epic...I bet he spent the last two seasons just piling up the dough so he can BAM us all upside the head and get that title LOL

gcurrier
and its easy Bando--DONT SLEEP! LOL I would like to give credit for the last two seasons to my exboyfriend who put me through hell so I couldnt sleep for the last oh 3 months. Without him I probably wouldnt have been on nearly as much LOL that and the Thunderbolt LOL

hostrauser
I'm a little out of practice and spent my money on staff upgrades before hosting a show. So it'll be another day or two before I have enough dough to host my show on 8/3. Keep your eyes open!
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
gcurrier
not a problem!

bando
Man, I just looked through the old combine topics... a lot has changed. haha Except the GCC, they haven't really changed much except numbers and their influence. XD
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
OOPS LOL ya I was just looking at the old version and was laughing HOW DIFFERENT it is!!!

IMcomJosh
Yeah I used to be a pretty big power in version 1. Now I'm middle of the road pretty much :-P
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
mdmackowiak
O you guys... Knowing my luck I will be in the middle of the pack. I have not been on in 2 seasons. I will be rusty. But our show title and concepts says it all... We are out for the kill and regaining our ground back. EPIC IS BACK!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
gcurrier
yes i saw your agreesive show and show title...made me worry more LOL I am doing holst--its not that scary LOL

mdmackowiak
Like I said, we are back and we are going to make it known. Nothing like playing some Rachmaninoff
and Shostakovich to scare people into submission. O, and I intend a lot of baby throwing with my show. Lol
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
gcurrier
oh lord LOL

Hopefully everyone noticed the other forum we have started in the drum corps discussion about a Hall of Fame. W are looking for nominees--one historic and one "modern". The historic can still be playing BUT the nomination should be on their achievments in version 1.

a11igat0r
Graffiti is doing the Wind and the Lion, Scheherezade and Baccanale... titled "Three Wishes"... guard will be genies. :)
Woody
Director - Graffiti
- Graffiti Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
----Season 21 Division 1 World Champion
- Graffiti-ini Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
- Graffiti Winter Guard (D1)
- Graffiti Drum L
bando
I normally plan ahead for show concepts, but this season I was busy and had to make my groups on the fly, so my Drum Corps concept is a little awkward. Haha.
Founder of the IIEA

gcurrier
sometimes I suddenly realize I have no choice but to come up with a concept QUICKLY! LOL so I cheat and do an "original piece" of music LOL yes i am that good that I can write the whole show in a matter of hours while on vacation (I write the symphony first of course). Season 2 Garden of Eden was while staying in a "Garden of Eden Room" in the Poconos and season 3 was while on vacation at my family summer home Swans Island off the coast of Maine LOL Then Season 4 I messed up and I guess I did a tribute to season 1 by playing the SAME DAMN SHOW lol but Symphony #3 is an amazing piece!

a11igat0r
Ive done that "original" thing myself lol i was like.. hey.. if corps in real life can get away with it... SO CAN GRAFFITI lol
Woody
Director - Graffiti
- Graffiti Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
----Season 21 Division 1 World Champion
- Graffiti-ini Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
- Graffiti Winter Guard (D1)
- Graffiti Drum L
gcurrier
NO DOUBT!! and hey--that was my first World in FMA2 so hey LOL