Login Create Account
FBOA - Fantasy Marching Bands of America
gcurrier
if anyone would like me to host more FBOA shows this season, please let me know. Sorry for the confusion at the begining of the season and late shows added!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ASCoasters
I don't really mind as long as we have a kickoff and championship, but it wouldn't hurt to have more.
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
Aaron0316
Will there be any more FBOa events? If not, I will begin planning my tour.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Jhawk
Well you could always add Irish Festival since I'm in FBOA it is technically an event on Dec. 11th.
Ivory Brigade
Aaron0316
I applied, Jhawk.. leave some room for me.. Marching Elite's competition is on the 13th. . It works out that both competitions are in the same area if you pretend that there is travel time, as I am doing this season.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier2
I'll add a kick off on first day along with the championships while we determine how to move forward. I keep adding shows in because I have access but I'm not supposed to be running it anymore.
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
MrsRomo
Who is suppose to be running FBOA? I've noticed that there hasn't been events and was thinking about going independent.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
gcurrier
JShuler... the problem running a successful league is you've got get events up ASAP or they aren't attended so I put in finals to help out since I know I'm always one of the first

gcurrier
Added kickoff, thanksgiving, and mid season along with finals

cici2137
My event has been posted for December 11th. There are 4 spots left. Looking to make this a division 2 only event for competitive difficulty, but all are welcomed.
Blue Commodores - ICE
Knights - MYNWA (BOD)
Shining Red - FLAG
18 Marchers - PEARL
gcurrier
look for exciting news to be coming from FBOA in the coming week!!!

Aaron0316
:) can hardly wait to see what happens.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
Good Evening ladies and gentleman,

I am here to announce this evening that we will be having a change in leadership for FBOA.

JShuler and I have been recently discussing his schedule and the conflict he has being FBOA President. Unfortunately, one of the biggest orders of being a league president is getting the schedule up and quickly, or corps fill up with other shows. As we all know this largely happens late Saturday or early Sunday morning each season. JShuler's schedule currently doesn't allow much free time to set up the shows and therefore, he will be stepping down. We certainly thank him for his leadership in an exciting time when CLASS and MAoMA worked together to create a new powerhouse in Marching Band and truly, we have achieved that!

The FBOA Board of Directors has spent the last week voting on who they feel should be the next President of FBOA. I am pleased tonight to announce that decision is corndogshuffle, Robinson Secondary Ram Marching Band a perennial finalist and "legend" of the game whose band has been in the thick of the hunt regardless of division since season 8 and an all around great guy.

A few musts we had in making this decision: 1) the ability to set up a show a week (roughly) plus finals each season. 2) Update the FBOA league tab at the start of each season with results and as frequently as they like beyond that. 3) represent FBOA in the forums to boost excitement for the league. I think he is the perfect candidate!

Beyond that a few things I'd like to see here and in other leagues is perhaps the growth of the league leadership--Communication Director to set up show reviews? More Board or league discussions on how to improve a league or FMA? Website/facebook page? More involved FBOA discussion like CLASS and MAoMA already have! Things that maybe wont take TOO much time but can be done by someone other than the president to spread some duties around, YET still just as important to boosting both FBOA and FMA. If you are interested in any of these positions or possibilities, please contact corndogshuffle and myself.

Once again thatnk you so much to JShuler for his leadership and congratulations to corndogshuffle! We look forward to seeing where you take us!

RedEastMovement
It looks like Der Reich is staying in FBOA then...
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
corndogshuffle
Honored to be named the President of FBOA. Here's to the continued success of the league!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
corndogshuffle
One item of business I would like to address (if not resolve) at this time... I would like to establish a set day for FBOA Regional events. I think having Regionals once a week would be great for promotion of our league, and establishing a set date for them would guarantee that everyone knows when they will take place. For example, if they always occur on Wednesday, league members will be much less likely to schedule on top of a Regional.

This also means that if I am held up for some reason and am not able to schedule shows until Sunday afternoon or later (that has never actually happened to me, but hypothetically), nobody has to worry about not knowing when the Regional is. You know that when I get to my computer, they will always be held on day "X" every week.

That all being said (and I could write for much longer about this subject), I will stage a survey in a few days (either on this board or I will have to get my surveymonkey chops up!) where we can all vote on a common day for FBOA Regionals. FBOA Finals will obviously be Wednesday of Week 5 every season.

One last bonus item... welcome Aaron0316 as your new Vice President!

Regards,

Mike Alexander
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
gcurrier
Great to have you guys at the helm!

RedEastMovement
Congratulations, corndogshuffle. I would like to see how your leadership will affect all of us in, hopefully, a positive way. I would also like to now extend my congratulations once more to Aaron0316 for the Vice Presidency. May you help corndog in leading the league.

Der Reich has been undefeated so far wherever they have competed as of late, nabbing No. 6 on DIII's Win board and No. 15 on DIII's High Score board. The show for the current season is entitled "(An) Electric Christmas," featuring the movements of the Skrillex Orchestral Suite arranged by Varien.

Good luck to all FBOA participants!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Aaron0316
Thank you for the welcome.

Mike, I believe you mean Tuesday of Week 5. There are no shows on Wed that week

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
corndogshuffle
That's what I get for writing lesson plans and FMA ing all at once...
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119