Login Create Account
FBOA - Fantasy Marching Bands of America
gcurrier
I'll follow the region's too so we will have ease of determining which region is hosting etc but will use different cities
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
great kick off to the new FBOA season! Good to be back!

gcurrier
FBOA is kicking off the venture with MAoMA--its not official until next season but anyone who wants to join now jump on board! We will also have a new president for the coming season.

Some FBOA shows may be at capacity this season for anyone just transitioning, but for the actual kick off season this will not be an issue.

gcurrier
are you ready for the NEW FBOA???

JShuler
I can't wait! I am very excited to help FBOA dominate in the future!
gcurrier
you are going to do an AMAZING job!

JShuler
Thanks gcurrier! I'll try my best.
gcurrier
I've not yet heard from Alex. If i need to setup the season next weekend, what is everyone looking for schedule wise?

TeamFrenchToast
Are we thinking of doing one show per week or adding more?
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
JShuler
If Alex sets it up, and I am President at the start of the season, I'm planning on doing shows on Opening Day, Closing Day, and at least every Wednesday. I chose Wednesday because MAoMA has one on Wednesday. I will probably try to coordinate other days with Kmarti6.
gcurrier
If he doesn't I'll try to follow the same thought process then. I'm concerned at this point where I've not even gotten a reply to my outside email.

Stradivarius
He did "log in" but it doesn't appear he really did anything really... I am worried that the site has been abandoned and is being allowed to kind of die away by itself. Just a thought, lol that would be worst case scenario.
12 years later
Jhawk
I know alex is really busy. I know there are times when all he could do was start a new season and come back at the next season. But if I remember right that was when he was writing his first 4 movement piece.
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
he won't abandon the site he makes money from it. but i do think he should ask someone who has been around a long time and has computer in website management to help him out. people need him to often and he's only one person so he can't help everyone
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Kiowa
plus i want to see his hiney compete in competitions lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Stradivarius
lol he hasn't even created groups :P
12 years later
gcurrier
in my experience an administrator competiting isnt a great idea (having been one of those myself). If they do well suddenly too many questions--not worth it. Not competiting keeps integrity. on DCPI I run the CLASS-ACT which is the all age circuit (DCA scores) and typically only have a show alumni non-competing corps.

KStove
Darn you gcurrier.... you must have decided to rehearse more heading into prelims... I thought I had a chance at catching you based on your gains before then. Either way I'm still happy, my first D1 medal
gcurrier
I said i was going to need to do something crazy lol guess you can teach an old dog new tricks! great season--you should medal for sure!

gcurrier
what a GREAT season for FBOA! we currently tie for the most corps in top 12 in division 1 with 3 including Hoosier Marching 100, Incognito Brass and the current top seed Marching Knights.

IN Division 2 we have EIGHT of the top 12! That is like nothing I have ever seen. Congratulations and good luck to Aspen Marching Band, Lake Forest, Twisters Vemix, Wrightown, Kiowan Knights currently in bronze position and Highlands who all but have the GOLD in hand! What an incredible season and an even bigger one yet to come!