Login Create Account
MDC-LC Drum Corps League
Kiwidrummer
Hello all.This is the official forum for our league. Feel free to comment on anything with your corps, the competitions you are in, or just whatever may be on your mind to help us improve. All are welcome to comment, regardles of which league you may be in.

Best of luck to all corps competing tonight.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kiwidrummer
After a day off competition and 2 days of solid rehearsals, Aftershock NZ is looking to rock it's home crowd with it's production of The Edge of Insanity, featuring music from Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Will Pink and his mother complete the wall at tonight's show? Aftershock NZ takes you inside the mind of a rockstar as our show (and the wall) continually grows with every performance. Look for an exciting performance from the corps in red and black.

Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
Have a good show :)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Congrats on Dark Knights win tonight. We swept all four of our home shows. Very pleased and a good showing for our supporters.
Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
Thanks.. I'm trying hard with Marching Elite to catch you. The margin is tiny but is widening again. Oh well, it's all in good fun. If I can't catch you, I'll be content with a division 2 silver medal.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Ah...marching band. I'm really surprised I jumped to 1st, seemed to move up fast. Is our 1st year in DII. Keep up the rehearsals, ya never know. I think there is a formula for rehearsing to gain max points, but I'm still fine tuning. I guess I approach it like real life, you learn the show, clean it, then improve it, then clean again. Working so far, but my point gains aren't as consistant this season.
Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Haha, just checked. Very close, only .15 out.
Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
Yeah, my corps is getting killed in D1. (no surprise there) Nevertheless, I'm scoring higher than I ever have at this point in the season. at least, I'm making progress. Last season, I finished at 23rd in D1. I'm trying, at the very least, to finish higher than 23rd this season.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
I personally thought you got a bum deal though, jumping from DIII to DI 2 seasons ago.
Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
I agree.. It is a bum deal, but there is nothing that I can do about it. I refuse to stop rehearsing in hopes of dropping a division. I choose to go with it and to continue improving my score. Heck, maybe some day, I'll make D1 finals.. I'm just not holding my breath :-D

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Nah, keep it up. You will get there. I'm same, refuse to stop rehearsing. I have a feeling DI will be in my cards for next season. Too much success in DII. They seriously need to look at the algorhythms or develope a division above DI, call it maybe World Class or Elite Class. Some of those groups in DI will take years to catch up to and be competitive with, not to mention the premature 100's.

Jim Helsel
FastForward
I look forward to you moving to D1 Kiwidrummer ... You will need to upgrade staff to be successful ... Good Luck this season !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Kiwidrummer
Hey FastForward. I'm adding/upgrading staff every chance I get, along with my director skills. DI will be a whole new ball game, though I will be up for the challenge. I look at some of the groups there and just say whoa, but then I realise I did the same when moving to DII. I think I could survive there, respectfully even, with the scores I'm pitting up, but don't really see the success I have had so far since joining.......in time though.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
League finals tomorrow. Who's ready? Aftershock NZ has a few surprises to unviel.

Jim Helsel
LittleD4010
I'm posting to ask if someone would like some roles as far as doing stuff for the league?
Meadowbrook
Drum Corps: S20- Div. II Gold Medalist (86.77)
CG: S24- Div. II Gold Medalist (96.635)
Drumline: S27- Div. II Gold Medalist (92.95)
LittleD4010
Now that forums are made, I really want to get to know people!! PM me or post on here your name, where your from, age, etc. it's a great way for people to get comfy with one another and maybe make friends!
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
Morning Announcement for 11/13/14!
The Drum Corps group(s) of the day:

Aftershock NZ (Kiwidrummer)!!!!!!
They're the groups of the day because they have spoken up to me not doing my part, and re-fueling my fire to be a more active founder!
There will be an announcement is n the evening as well!

P.S.- I'm always watching FMA throughout the day, so if you need anything, PM me please!
Have a good morning!
Meadowbrook
LittleD4010
Evening Announcement for 11/13/14!

As of today, groups have been classified into their divisions, and I have to say, this is going to be a good season for us!! Here is a list of the number of people in each division so far:

Div.I - 1
Div.II - 8
Div.III - 14

I really like those numbers, and I'm very excited for what the future holds this season!!

Question: I have noticed there might be some friendly rivals. Post who those rivals are! I'm interested to find some rivals and competition each group has!

Also: Give your predictions!! Who do you think will win the point standings this season? Who will win their division as far as score at MCG-LC Finals? And how many groups from our league will qualify for FMA CG Finals? Comment below!

Any questions PM me, any of the BoD, or comment below! Thanks for taking the time to read! :)
Meadowbrook
Killerchessie
The Cadets of Blue, being a new core just starting their second full season, plan on being placed high in music winds. Brass being our main focuse would like to see atleast 3rd placement in that category. Overall, I know that this core can and will make it to FMA finals through hard work.
LittleD4010
Beautiful! I hope that you do make it to Finals! Keep up the work, and you'll get there!
Meadowbrook