Login Create Account
A Formal Request to Fast Forward
alxmm98
Fast Forward, my name is Alex, and I would like to raise a concern about a very contreversial issue that has surfaced this season. As we are at the end of D1 finals, I would like to say that although the methods you used this season were VERY effective, I think we can both say that they were very unethical, and unfair. Many corps that worked very hard this season lost the chance to make Finals, simply because you decided to selfishly take up the top 5 with 4 of your corps. Honestly, there is no need for that here on this site. You dont have to prove anything to anyone, we all just want to have fun and compete in a fair environment. Its always ok to have a B corps, but honestly, there shouldnt be 30 other corps behind that one. Although technically its not against the rules, again, it is very unethical on your part to ruin 3 other players' chances this season, just to see your name dominating the top 5. So, and I will speak for myself and behalf of all of FMA, I would like to request that you disband at least two of your main corps, and that you discontinue to use your other corps as feeder corps to strengthen your money situation. Its unfair to the rest of us, who just want to play a fair game. So, I truly hope you listen to this, because at this moment, you really are hurting the people who work really hard just to make the top 12. Please, consider this request, and just play in an ethical manner.

From,
Alexander Morales, and the FMA Community
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
liebling82
i totally 100% agree with this post . I wasn't even in division 1 but i might be bumped up there next season. i wouldn't even care if two of your accounts make finals. i've seen it before . we can't suddenly say it's not okay when many others have had a and b accounts in the top 12 previously for several seasons.. but 4 or 5 is ridiculous .

also we all know who the real top 12 is ..what point are you trying to prove, that you can cheat well to boost your accounts? and all of this to take down CLASS? Kudos to CLASS for making it so difficult to beat you that one must boost 40 accounts lol

Northern Lights - Drum Corps
Hollands Hope High School - Marching Band
Purple Power - Guard
Gasper Sticks - Drum Line
corndogshuffle
I think there is an important distinction between the typical manner in which B accounts have normally been used and the way in which FastForward's "B" accounts have been used.

The typical B account (gcurrier2 for this argument) exists solely to compete and does not help the main account in any measurable way.

FastForward has:
1. Been setting somewhere between 20-30 B accounts on full influence farming mode since early 2013 (and maybe his "main" as well, whichever is main really is, but I'm focusing on the B accounts right now).
2. Stacked his shows with his own groups, all of which have inflated influence, because most exist solely to gain influence.
3. "Earned" a boatload of cash from his hosted shows which allow him to boost his staff quickly.
4. Using his inflated influence to boost the Day 1 performance of his groups, giving them a massive advantage over traditional groups like Lexington Legends, Carolina Royals, or Nemesis, that actually have actually been competing, and earn influence that way.

I've never really liked B accounts (I did actually make one or two but never used them longer than one season), but nobody has ever tried to do what FastForward is doing. It is NOT just four or five accounts. There are 25 accounts named FastForward and at least several others with names like "FierceForce" or "GForce."
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
davidmsmith87
I have another account, but don't use it anymore. I just looked at what you were talking about and that is crazy. My only thing is how do you watch for these things if the person hides it under a different name? I hate B accounts, because I think is selfish, just like in DII right now. Alex, you do have 2 accounts as well in DII an both are in the top 12.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
liebling82
i dont have a problem with someone having a and b accounts in the top 12. When his b account was created, they were not in the same division, and his b account is not a contender for a medal and he is not using his b account (abusing the system) in the manner that fastforward is using his

It just so happens, that several other groups were not rehearsing very hard this season to make top 12 and his b account scored well enough to make it. I didn't rehearse for two weeks straight but still managed to be a contender for a medal (surprisingly). I don't believe he was really trying to have two accounts in the top 12. I would have a major problem with a and b accounts hogging the top 3.

Purple Power - Guard
davidmsmith87
I have a problem with it all together. So I may end up just stopping everything all together.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
alxmm98
I can understand why someone would disagree with a B account, and honestly, im thinking of not using mine anymore, just because of this whole FF thing. Im sorry if i offended anyone with the use of my B account btw. The only reason i have one is because i wanted to challenge myself and see if i could build up another corps, and to be fair, ive actually earned my scores with my B account.
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
alxmm98
To be clear just so theres no misunderstanding, I DONT have a problem with B accounts. I have one myself. I do think that anything more than one B account is rediculous though
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
liebling82
it's not a matter of a and b .. it's a matter of a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j k accounts boosting a primary account.. Several people have played with two accounts for 30+ seasons .. now to prove a point to someone, it's an issue to have b accounts just because someone else has blatantly misused the system? The real issue is not having a b account..the real issue is someone has created multiple accounts to boost influence to boost money for their main account.. This is the first time i have even seen your two accounts in the same division and in top 12 together. don't let one or two people's opinions discourage you from playing two accounts fairly ..
Purple Power - Guard
corndogshuffle
Despite the fact that I dislike B accounts, I still agree with liebling. There is a reason nobody has ever really gotten worked up over B accounts. FastForward got called on his farming system very early on by saxamattone in a thread I will link at the end of this comment. I wish I had contributed to that thread (because I have always known this was possible), but I always thought somebody attempting to do this would get bored before they had enough time to make it work. Clearly I was wrong. That doesn't make this ok.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/2813
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
gcurrier
We have no control over the game unfortunately at this time. Other than appealing to the dignity of the individual which may or may not work, we have no appeal system, we have no policing, we have no way to enforce, vote on or change rules. The truly sad part to me, if he continues past this season, the one thing he will have actually achieved is killing the game completely. Maybe that was his actual goal.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiowa
lol fastforwards b accounts....his c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y and z accounts
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Kiowa
they are right fastforward alex needs to shut down your accounts all but two
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
gcurrier2
Based on show titles for ALL his corps, doesn't appear his unethical treatment of the game is ending. Remember, he doesn't "take this seriously"...
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
Stradivarius
FF has yet to show his face and yet this post is directed straight at him.
12 years later
corndogshuffle
I'm not expecting him to respond to any of this. He doesn't have the ability to have a serious talk about why his methods are wrong. If I had to guess I would say he never posts on any FMA forum ever again. Though maybe my comment will flush him out...
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
gcurrier
I agree, he never directly addresses his criticism in any way to try to defend his actions. Pretty sure he knows there is no honorable way to defend.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FastForward
Good luck to everyone in Season 46.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
FastForward
I am only going to actively compete with Two groups in Season 46 !!! gcurrier set the standard long ago of actively competing with Two groups. No defense is necessary when the actions of the accuser has already been shown to be acceptable by their very own behavior.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
saxamattone
The fact that you think what currier did is comparable to what you did and are doing is laughable.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)