Login Create Account
A Formal Request to Fast Forward
FastForward
25 Accounts to be exact. 21 of the accounts have never been rehearsed or any staff hired. Again, I have raised funds in the most efficient way possible based on the fact that most players in FMA have relatively low levels of Influence & a number of longer term players only showed up at select shows. This was discussed previously & no long term solution ever was agreed upon.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
alxmm98
I think you should end your use of those accounts, and stick to your main one, because quite frankly, its unfair. Dont you see that? Yes, you are totally right, its efficient, and your method proves to have kicked ass. But, is there really a need for it? If you just rehersed, the way everyone else on this site does, you would still have great scores, AND it would be ethical. Heck, you might even gain some respect on this site. And again, noone is saying that having a B account is wrong. You can have 2 accounts, its been done for 30+ seasons now. We just feel like the whole farming system is a bit unfair to the rest of us. Is there really a need for FOUR corps in finals, for one guy? No. There isnt. So, just please listen. You wanted a reasonable argument, and ive given you one. Im not accusing you of anything, because technically you are within the rules. However, I am stating that although not cheating, your use of the farm system, no matter how effective, is morally wrong. Hopefully, you see what im talking about. Please, for the sake of all of us here in FMA, just use two accounts, and take down the rest of them.
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
corndogshuffle
No, it's still at least 25, maybe more, as you have 25 called FastForward and at least three others named GForce, FierceForce, and SixShooters. Those groups may not have rehearsed or hired staff, but they are still collecting influence and attending YOUR shows. That's the only reason those groups exist, and THAT is the problem. If you just had four groups but had never invented the farming system I bet people would think you were an oddity, but certainly not to the extent of "ruining the game."

Guess what? Most players that attend MY shows have low influence too. Most that attend MrsRomo's shows also have low influence. Same is true for saxamattone, KStove, same was true for cire, same is true for Kiwidrummer, colinyugo, and every other player on this website. Suck it up.

Big players tend to go to select shows? By influence the "longer term players" aren't usually the ones you want anyway. Only one of us (KStove) has a top twelve influence level. Cornhuskers are in the top twenty. Other than that, groups like Tullahoma, Nemesis, Lexington Legends, BDE, Carolina Royals are all ranked outside #70 in terms of influence. We got to be perennial finalists by earning it. I don't think I need to spend any more time restating what literally everybody besides you thinks of your system.

------------------------------

We are not "accusing" you of anything by the way. This is all cut and dried. Accusing would be if I named (__________) as being my other suspect for systematic influence farming. I have some decent indirect evidence that (__________) may be involved in that, but I refuse to name (__________) as I have no direct evidence of it.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
Your logic is so flawed and unethical it truly astounds me. It's scary to me that people like you see no reason why what they are doing is wrong. "You have decided to focus on rehearsing which is fine." ...wow, I "decided " to do this BECAUSE THIS IS HOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO PLAY THE GAME! how do I know this? Because I was there when we created and I was there as we improved it. You skip your ridiculous number of farm corps that FALSELY helped you gained advantage as if you don't talk about it, it's not there. It's beyond juvenile! Not only is what I did not even comparable, it's not even in the same ball park. We didn't create a rule about multiple accounts because we didn't think it was even a possibility someone would go so insane to try and break the system. Your reasoning is about as strong as a hacker that destroy something other people love just because they can. What had this done for you other than gotten a whOle group of people to dislike you? What joy do you get from this? Where is the reward.

Of course your going to have an excuse to not have to shut your groups down and play right. Besides you, when had one person in ALL THE SEASONS of FMA ever said, hey Gary, you having two groups isn't cool. ..not once! Certainly not an entire forum dedicated to it and if they had I would have heard them seriously and honestly and done the right thing. Instead, all on my own, I decided that it was not right. Further my b account acted completely seperate and never benefited my a account, sometimes they have even hurt my a account. Is Not right to cause others to miss the top 12 who had worked hard for it. I certainly have not taken "multiple medals" with the corps at the same time. I think it's happened once in division I. So you have a lame excuse when the number one multiple player competitor challenges you to stop all but one account and suddenly everyone but you has to stop multiple accounts before you will. That's bull crap.

Clearly the list of people in this forum mean nothing to you, it's all just about me. It's time to think about what's best for FMA, bury the hatchet and let's go at it like the competition was always meant to be!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
The only showing up at select shows also shows how little you actually pay attention. I always go to newer or random shows and many seasons have asked those with little influence to invite me to help them. My influence doesn't mean much to your "super corps " who have done the same damn show 50 times but I still try and help as do many others. Leagues, which I helped start, ALSO helps deal with this if the league is run right. I didn't do that to help CLASS or myself, I did that to help the activity. What have you done for FMA?
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FastForward
I have not done the same show 50 times ... not even mine ... I have also sent multiple groups to anyone who has asked for help ... Ask MrsRomo or simply check my show schedule from Season 45 ... I have also offered to set up a rotating schedule of shows for groups that need higher influence groups ... And I will offer that as long as I am actively on FMA !!! I am willing to help other FMA groups in any way possible !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
alxmm98
Lol clearly you will never change, and thats fine FF, because now, all of FMA is coming for you. You wont be winning another undeserved title with us around. Im pretty sure the entire FMA world is tired of seeing "Growth Spurt". In the spirit of FAIR COMPETITION, you are going DOWN.
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
alxmm98
GOOD LUCK TO SPECTRUM FORCE, PERFECT EXPLOSION, AND YOUR 27 OTHER CORPS AND MAOMA IN SEASON 46!!!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
FastForward
Good luck alxmm98 ... And may the odds always be in your favor !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
alxmm98
Lol you too man, you too. Who knows, maybe we'll develop a rivalry in the future
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
saxamattone
What's funny is that none of this is going to matter much anyway. This game which I started playing in FMA version 1 (this is version 2) season 1 is one bug/glitch away from ending forever. Alex no longer has any interest in his creation and is un-reachable. Just look at Corps IBEX. His account has glitched and will probably be in division 2 forever which also ruins the competition for those groups who should be in that division. The next time this site crashes or doesn't reset properly at season end or daylight savings time, etc. Alex won't come to our rescue. It will be game over. And maybe this thing has run its course anyway.

On a side note, I wonder what happened to my FMA tshirt. It was pretty cool. It had every players' username from season 1 on it. There were no players with 25 usernames on that shirt!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
cjbuckley1997
Wish I would've been here in the heyday, seems like it was a great time, even though it's still been good for me so far
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
davidmsmith87
I was one of the very first people with fantasy marching band that was started. I loved it. Farming is unfair, but not sure anything can be done. I think this will be my last season forever. That many account is crazy and says you have no life and are a couch potatoe. May be its fine for FMA to close, I don't know.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
Stradivarius
I honestly think we should just ignore ff and his groups. I will from now on congratulate the highest scoring non-FF controlled corps/band/guard/drumline as the season's champion at the end of finals.

FF you are wrong. I regret ever receiving assistance from any of your groups. *slaps you with my white glove*
12 years later
Aaron0316
I wasn't going to chime in on this topic, because I don't want to give FF the attention that he desires. Nevertheless, I keep seeing statements implying the end of FMA. I, for one, would be very upset if FMA shuts down. For the last 10+ seasons, many "newer" leagues and groups have dedicated themselves and have been "working" hard to naturally and fairly build up funds and influence to become more competitive with the seasoned players, which, we all know, is a slow process. Yes, many active groups have "lower" influence, because they've been building up their accounts the old fashioned way. It would be unfair to punish everyone over one or two bad apples.

I believe, what FMA needs is a new moderator or someone who can help Alex run the site or someone to take over the site for Alex if he doesn't care about running it anymore. Of course, for the most part, the site runs itself, but it would be nice to have someone who is readily available to address and fix issues and problems, such as the removal of founders from their old leagues and the deletion of farming accounts. I've tried reaching out to Alex, but he never responded to me.

There is a new generation of leagues and groups who are eager to step up to the plate and challenge the older groups and who devote themselves to improving the activity and community. It would be unfair to take that away because of one or two people's extreme egos in a fantasy game. The end of FMA is when everyone scores 100's and there is no where left to go. If that happens, I'd be glad to help create an FMA version 3 :)

Until that happens, all we can do is ignore the bad apples.A few weeks ago, gcurrier proposed to me that we do a "real top 12." We haven't worked out the details, but he suggested that the real top 12 could be based on point gains from season start to finish. Nonetheless, we already do something similar, which is congratulate the non-FF controlled groups who score the highest.

LOL @ *slaps you with my white glove*

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Stradivarius
Someone has to provide the comic relief here ;) Without saying LOL !!! I might add...

FF watch this video please (and everyone else. I am pretty sure it embodies how we all feel right now lol):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmvXbhzJvd0

12 years later
Stradivarius
Just declined Perfect Explosion from all my shows. He thought I was kidding LOL !!!
12 years later
saxamattone
I laughed!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
MrsRomo
I have never once reached out to FF for any assistance. I accept pretty much all groups that apply to my events on a first come first serve basis (with the exception of Masters of course). I don't even look at the groups usually when accepting them. Please do not think I actively seek out farm groups to attend my contests, despite what FF says.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
davidmsmith87
Curious to know how much it takes to keep the site going. I would be interested in possibly taking it over and website stuff.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0