Login Create Account
The League of Extraordinary Guards (LEGS) Forum-Chat
Aaron0316
Thanks for sending the request. It's a pleasure to join a great bunch.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Solaris132
Welcome Alton Spinnerettes!
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
Solaris132
Welcome to Purple Power, Panic at the Competition, and Nyx!
Solaris132
Welcome to CHS TIgers CG and Utopia.

So, if we need another show or two due to our growing numbers, just let me know! There is plenty of Anime for everyone ;)
Solaris132
Alright, well, We got some history and stuff goin on the page, awesome, so, we lookin good for the first week so far.

WELCOME Dark Horse, River Valley Winter Guard, and Lumineers!

West City was welcoming... somehow the sky turned black in the middle of the show, but the locals say that's normal around there.

Shiganshina District was... interesting to say the least... after the show there was some kind of lightning and we had to evacuate the premises, luckily our guards made it out okay... one of them knew Jack the Giant Slayer.

Next we'll be hitting up Amestris. Who knows... we may find the Philosopher's stone or meet some magical new friends.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!
Solaris132
Looking good LEGS. I've been off for a while so I lost track of who all joined. (guess I... spaced... out...)
Anyway, it does look like I'll need to up the tiers for next season, (or maybe I can add some shows for the new people... let me know)

Heard good things about the shows during week 2.

London was a bit foggy, not to mention there were a few gun-toting vampires running around,

Nicky town was deserted, so not much of a turnout... it was... just a stadium filled with clothes... weird...

Pallet town was interesting, especially the fauna, creatures I've never seen before...
Solaris132
Since there are more than 20 guards in the league, I added another championship to account for those who didn't get into the first one.

Starting City was gorgeous, the graphics were amazing
As was Magnolia Town... I could literally feel the Magic.
I'm suprised many people made it to Konohagakure, considering how hard it was to find... considering the leaves.
East City was fun, we even managed to catch the battle-ball game between the West City Southerners and the East City Westmen

Here's to week 4!

Also, if I need to add another show or two, for the new membership, just let me know.
Solaris132
ALRIGHTY so, [time to read] this season's theme, clear or unclear, was Anime Cities, like I said before, I took the ideas submitted and gave them a number, put them through a Random Number Generator (https://www.random.org/) and the number that came up the most after five times (since there were five categories) got the theme.

I just remembered that I forgot to list the other themes that were submitted... so, I'll include the four that were not submitted, then, if anyone has an idea for next season's tour, then, by all means, go for it. and... literally... may the odds be in your favor

So the themes that didn't get picked from the RNG
1. Galaxies
2. Cartoon Cities
3. Parts of the Body
4. Small Towns

you could probably guess the one I was going for in the RNG... On Finals day, I'll give the full list of submitted ideas.

Good luck to all! This is a season for the books!!

Next Season, we will be upping the tiers, and the championships will be... well, the one where there is no limit [Tier 7? I'll have to switch to a tab and update this when I do]
I think the regionals will be too, I'll have to look at the virtual money,

Three to Four shows a week, (like a show every other day or so), then a Finals last day of shows,

And since I'm done with the semester, I'll be around more, I'll announce my space shows... well, at somepoint later... actually, I'll do it today.
Solaris132
FINALS!

CONGRATS PURPLE POWER AND UTOPIA
Getting D2 Gold and Silver!!

Bringing our Medal Count to 8!
[I'll check, and update the history thing on the page]

And congrats to our Finalists
D1- Dark Knights Guard (5th) and Lunaria (6th)
D2- Purple Power (1st) Utopia (2nd) Starlight Winterguard (5th) Dark Horse (9th) Pandemonium NZ (11th)

And Lastly, congrats to everyone for being awesome and going to shows and things. I got 4 more submitted ideas, on top of the ones we listed, so, tonight, I'll go through that, random.org thing and do the... thing. so the new idea list,

1. Galaxies
2. Cartoon Cities
3. Parts of the Body
4. Smallest Towns

then the new list (I'll take idea submissions up till.. well, it's almost 9 when/where I'm typing this, so, next three hours, I'm used to spending nights up late... usually looking at the sky.)

5. Nickelodeon Cartoon Cities/Places
6. US Presidential hometowns
7. Puntastic Places
8. Ancient Kingdoms

All of these new ones are very interesting, keep em coming.

Like I said in the previous post, I'll up the tiers to either 25 or 30 depending on £o$t $€a$on ¢a$h mon€y, and the championships and, maybe regional championships will be that tier 7. Stay tuned.
Solaris132
...alright, so, "Puntastic Places" got it, with a second place winner being Parts of the Body...

So, I'll combine them, as best as I can, anyways, putting up the schedule now.
Kiwidrummer
Ooh, can't wait! This is going to be interesting.... Very interesting.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Solaris132
Alright, well, Like, sort of, last season, Ima do some write ups and stuff. (that seems to be a thing, a thing I feel like getting into), Since I have more time now that schools out.

I'll definitely do one for the Opening Day, three(?) Regionals, and Finals. and a weekly check up...

So stay tuned as we go on this... Fantastic Voyage
Solaris132
What a strong first day for LEGS, something to really… wrap our heads around… taking a somewhat puntastic voyage through the body, I thought we could start with a place that will really make people think… alright, now for the write up… spoiler warning, everyone’s run was amazing, details below.

Opening in D3, Plainsmen Regime Independent, from Vancouver, Washington, with their show “A Walk into Winter”. An interesting start to our summer tour with LEGS, a good way cool off from the summer’s heat. It was a good run and everyone in the group looked like they had a blast performing their show, looking forward to the season.

Next up, a primarily colorful show from CHS Tigers CG, from Colorado Springs. Their show entitled “Colors”, depicting the three primary colors, “Red, Yellow, and Blue”. After making a semifinals appearance last season, I believe the crowds can expect great things from this group as they enter their third season. We could tell they loved the colorful displays

This next group is aiming big, and the moon is pretty big. The Brigantine, from Citronelle, AL, with their show “From The Earth to The Moon”. Since this is a space related show, or it has space related nomenclature, I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

All the way from Planet X, entering their Sixth Season is, I am Groot. The show title alone was enough to captivate this audience. They presented their show “I am Groot”, a journey through the jungles of Planet X, their home world. Judging from the crowd’s response I think this one will be highly remembered, the repertoire alone was enough to get the crowd singing along afterwards.

Next up, from Costa Rica, Heterosexual Men on Guard, presenting their show, “Drop Spins”. The title alone is enough to make one feel worked out. It was a very engaging and a very, very demanding performance, good luck this season guys.

Second half of D3 contest brought in a classic, from the Couch, the Couchmen. Ironically, (I think it’s irony anyway, I could be wrong), the last time I heard some of the music to their show “Music of the Night”, I was on a couch… perhaps, maybe, attempting to sing along… anyways, it was a strong run, and people were humming the tunes after the show was over. In my book that's a good sign of thing to come.

Now it’s Arcadian Crest Winterguard’s turn. Presenting their show, “Turn”, it had a lot of, well, turning, and some really excellent good turning at that. It was exciting to see how many ways one could turn, well, anything, really. I really wonder how this season will end up for them as they enter their second season in FMA. I know the crowds will have a good turn out as they make their progress

Taking D3 third today, Dauntless Winterguard, LEG DAY – Tokyo’s Silver medalist, from Bedford, with their rather moving and, interestingly described show, “Dear Dad”. I liked the video that went with it, a good watch, especially if you’re a dad going to have a little ball of joy and wonder at any point in the future. A highly energetic performance that left the crowd moved, even placing second in GE for D3.

Taking D3 second today, from Okeechobee, Florida, Brahman Color Guard. Who could forget the presence they had on the floor as they performed their show “The Grand Entrance”. They literally made a grand entrance into the season, like, them walking into the floor and setting up, was basically a Grand Entrance in and of itself. Starting close to where they left off last season in Prelims, audiences will have a lot to look forward to this season.

Taking First place in D3 today, Summer Winds, from Boise, Idaho, with their show “Abandonment to Impulse”. Also a D3 Semifinalist last season and Bronze Medalist at LEG DAY – Tokyo, it looks like they’ll be making more headway as they enter their second season. And with a strong show that left the crowd energized and ready. A good way to end a strong D3 lineup for the opening day.

As far as overall placement, the top four from today’s D3 contest are already in the top 12 (given it’s only the first day, and more groups may show up tomorrow, [or today, or yesterday, depending on when people read this], I’m still hyped about this season!)

Division 2
Starting our D2 lineup, from Alton, IL, the Alton Spinnerettes. Yet another tackle into space for our viewers today with their show “Extraterrestrial”, featuring Katy Perry’s “E.T.”. After winning LEG DAY - Tokyo last season, and placing 17th overall in D3, they’re taking the floor among the Division 2, groups. With a show about space related things, I think they’ll do just fine this season.

This next show was very enlightening, from AMERICA, the American Flag, formerly known as “The Flag of Chuck Norris”, who won D3 in his second season, season 31, by just standing there on the floor holding a flag (Seriously), presented their show this evening called, “Masterclass”. It was a very patriotic demonstration of how to fold the American Flag. Having made finals and semifinals a number of times in the past, this will be an interesting one to follow.

Next up from Starville, Starlight Winterguard. Taking D2 Bronze in LEG DAY – Tokyo last season, and placing in the top five for D2 in Finals last season, Starlight Winterguard showed out with their show, “Purgatorio”, taking the silver this evening, thus giving us a taste of what is to come from these stellar performers later on in the season.

Taking the D2 Gold this evening, from Christchurch, New Zealand, Pandemonium NZ B, with their show, “Sublime”. That’s one of the words that anyone would use to describe these performers, with a number of championships under their belt, this season will look to be one to remember; and as the season goes on, I’m sure audiences will have plenty more words to describe this group.

All of today’s D2 competitors from LEGS placed in the top 13 for Day one, four taking 7th – 10th (Silver Streak, Pandemonium NZ B, Starlight Winterguard, and The American Flag, and one at 13th (Alton Spinnerettes), keep it up! (on the Sunday show, Monday may be different, but, it usually isn’t that much different)

And now for the Division 1 contest, the crowd was already excited watching 14 incredible and memorable displays of power… how did D1 add to our crowd’s hype?? Well… I’m about to come up with it.

Starting off our D1 contest this evening, K.K.C.G, from Havelock. Having won D2 in the past, and being semifinalists in all three Divisions, this determined group always delivers, and deliver they did. Opening the D1 contest with their show “Panthers!”. It was a powerful way to start our D1 competiton.

Up next, from the Sky, Virgo’s Twirling Maidens, a.k.a, my group. We had an excellent run through of our production “Aurora: The Dancing Lights”, and the crowd agreed. I thought it was kinda cool how we had five 8’s as our influence number at the start of the season, I mean, now it’s 88990, which is just as cool… anywho, these celestial tossers have a lot to show the crowd this season. I forgot to mention in the rep on my page that we have a few Whitney Houston songs, details later.

Up next, from Bismark, North Dakota, Dark Horse. A D2 finalist last season and taking fourth in D2 last season in LEG DAY – Tokyo, this group made a strong start to season 52 with their production “Jekyll and Hyde”. Turning a legendary Novel into a visual display, showing the two sides of an intricate and delicate mind, and given that today’s show was hosted in a brain, I felt another moment of Irony… I think… anyways, the season looks bright, depending on who’s looking, the scientist or, the other guy.

Next up, a member of the 100 club, from The Moon, Lunaria, credited with LEG’s first, and second, D1 championship, these lovely lunar ladies, and gratuitous gravity-generating gentlemen, presented their show, “The Choreographing”. Basically it would appear as though this season is a rebuilding one for our former champions, from a while ago, as they take on new round of recruits, but, the talent they have, was enough to secure a score of 78.695 in Division 1, so, we may be seeing another championship from the Mooninites in the next few seasons.

If you thought Pandemonium NZ B was good, take a look at their A group, Pandemonium NZ, from Christchurch New Zealand. Also winners of D2 in past championships, and a maker of finalist appearances across all three divisions, New Zealand’s Premiere Indoor Guard presented their show “When a Nation Cried”. A moving production that basically lit up this venue’s emotional center, (for the second or third time tonight), as the visual displays took the crowd in.

Up next, one of two D2 powerhouses last season, that took the LEG DAY – Tokyo D2 championship, and the overall D2 Championship, Purple Power, from Detroit Michigan. This would be the third or fourth show to light up this venue’s emotional center, as they presented their show “Purple Rain: a tribute to Prince”. The man, the myth, the legend, Prince, who was taken too soon, like many before him, was done justice in this rendition of Purple Rain.

And now, the other D2 Powerhouse from last season, Utopia, who took Silver at LEG DAY – Tokyo, and D2 FInals. Presenting their season 52 production “Aphrodite”. An elegant display of Beauty and passion from this take on the Greek Goddess. The Crowd could just feel the passion and intensity as they spun their way into the silver medal tonight.

Taking tonight’s gold medal, LEG DAY – Tokyo’s Grand Champion, and a top five finisher for D1 last season, from St. Louis, MO, Dark Knights Guard. Tonight they performed their show “halO”, based on Beyoncé’s song. The crowd just ate this up. After hyping on all the epic-ness of today’s event, this provided a just and epic finish to the contest. Safe to say that Aphrodite and Whitney Houston weren’t the only queens in today’s lineup. As far as popular songs go for tonight, this was one among those people were humming as they left, along with “Music of the Night”, “E.T”, “Puple Rain”, “I am Groot”, and whatever Whitney Houston song I used.

Division 1, as of today [as in when I typed this initially, Sunday night,] had a strong start, we have a high number of top 12 contenders, some that are there, some that will get there. Who’ll rise up? What will the future hold? Find out this season on FMA
Solaris132
Did another thing. A quick reference, got a lot of finalist/semifinalist people this season. Keep it up!!!

http://s32.postimg.org/57p1pxuo5/Current_LEGS_Standings.png (As of Wed 5/19/16)
Solaris132
Alright, well, I figured as far as even more updates are concerned, I’m already thinking about next season! As far as themes go.

Two more were submitted this week and I figured I’d do something… cool,

I’ll make the idea submission deadline, the Saturday of Week 4, once that hits, then we can begin voting on all submitted ideas. Yes, I did say vote, I do a lot of internet-ing, and found some kind of voting poll whatchamacallit.

From the last two seasons I did the RNG thing, the remaining choices are

Galaxies.
Cartoon Cities (Including Nickelodion cities-combining these two)
Smallest Towns (either in the country or world, whichever is the smallerest)
US Presidential Hometowns
Ancient Kingdoms

The Two new ones

Wade Wilson’s Wonderful World Tour
Forests of the World

This is a preview of the already submitted ideas, just to get a taste of what I’ll put up later on in the season (PS, this isn't the actual poll for the next season, this is what it looks like.)

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll694517x599f4e48-28

Keep up the good work everyone!
Solaris132
Updated, Just FYI, it'll be also on the "Visit League Site" Link for the future.

http://s32.postimg.org/tmleq11dx/LEGS_STANDINGS_5_19.png

Solaris132
Good work team!

As the season draws near its end, I'll be making posts about Season 53, and update that list with the new entries. It's not too late to send in ideas for season 53 destinations, when it is, I'll let you know. Until then, keep on being awesome.
Solaris132
Hello Everyone, we are already on the fourth week, and things are looking good! Just some quick announcements, if you have an idea for what you want the theme for next season’s tour to be, just let me know, the submission deadline is this Saturday. That's when the voting begins [ADDED Here is the link to the already submitted ideas, I'll do the final list this saturday] http://www.poll-maker.com/poll694517x599f4e48-28

Next Season, I also want to do somekind of League Master Holy Grail kind of Trophy cup thing, it’s a work in progress, when I have things finalized, I’ll make a post about it later

Thinking ahead, here is what the schedule will look like for the Upcoming Season
Four Regionals and a Two Season Championships

LEGS SEASON 53

Week 1
Sunday, June 26 (Season Opener)
Tuesday, June 28
Thursday, June 30
Saturday, July 2

Week 2
Sunday, July 3 (Regional)
Tuesday, July 5
Thursday, July 7
Saturday, July 9 (Regional)

Week 3
Sunday, July 10
Tuesday, July 12 (Mid-Season Championship)
Thursday, July 14
Saturday, July 16

Week 4
Sunday, July 17 (Regional)
Tuesday, July 19
Thursday, July 21
Saturday, July 23 (Regional)

Week 5
Sunday, July 24
Tuesday, July 26 (Championships)

Solaris132
Okay, well, trying to do Press Releases in a iffy Wifi situation proved disasterous, so I'll just do it here...

Next season, the Karkata Drum and Bugle Corps will present their show "Ferris Beuller's Day Off... in space", not only are we skipping school, but gravity too! We might pay Mars a visit.

The Capricorn Marching Sea-Goats will present their show "Van Wilder: Space Rager"
I think the show speaks for itself.

Virgo's Twirling Maidens will present their show: "Pulp Science Fiction". Let's just hope the members don't break their concentration.

The Libra Scale Players will present their show: "The Seven Evil Extraterrestial Exes". ...Perhaps that one time with an A'askavarian was one too many...

Shows
Mars Mania!: A "Sick" Day
Rocky Road Rager XI: Now it's a party!
The Ring Toss: ...what?
Race around the Sun: A Reason to Run.

Coming to a Galaxy Near you, from the final frontier.
Solaris132
Four days left to get your idea in if you have one, then we begin the voting next week