Login Create Account
The League of Extraordinary Guards (LEGS) Forum-Chat
Solaris132
Alright, we've had one new idea thus far, Superhero/Villain Lairs, that'll be an interesting one to add to this, already interesting, list. Now the list is

Galaxies.
Cartoon Cities (Including Nickelodion cities-combining these two)
Smallest Towns (either in the country or world, whichever is smaller/-est)
US Presidential Hometowns
Ancient Kingdoms
Wade Wilson’s Wonderful World Tour
Forests of the World
**Superhero/Villain Lairs** the new one

Tomorrow night is the deadline for idea submission, and it's also when I'll put up the voting link.

Good luck and Good hunting, everyone.
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
Solaris132
Another one!! And, well... it... well.. alright, we'll see how it turns out in the Voting...

The idea is
"Restaurants"

Galaxies.
Cartoon Cities (Including Nickelodion cities-combining two ideas)
Smallest Towns (either in the country or world, whichever is smaller/-est)
US Presidential Hometowns
Ancient Kingdoms
Wade Wilson’s Wonderful World Tour
Forests of the World
Superhero/Villain Lairs
**Restaurants**

Okay, so, I pose a question, is anyone opposed to me closing the idea submission any sooner than 8/7c (when scores are posted), so we can go ahead and vote on them? Unless someone else has a new idea to throw into the pool, then we can save it for tonight at score-time.

I probably should've mentioned that the voting will be closed next Friday 8/7c Semi-finals so I can get the venues booked that Saturday, and everyone can vote three times, (if I can get it to work like that, if not, then, honor system),
Solaris132
SWEET. The last week is commencing. Looks like Season 52 is gonna be one for the books.
Should the current standings hold/improve, it looks like we'll have 5 (4 or 5, hoping for 5) D1 finalists,
6 D2 Finalists/1 Semifinalist,
and 3 D3 Finalists and 4 Semifinalists.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Wade Wilson's Wonderful World Tour, and Restaurants are tied for first, followed by small cities and Super HQs. Friday is the deadline for voting, there is another thread that the Venue Discussion thing is on

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3680

and one of our own has gotten a Spotlight! Here's the link to that as well

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3679

Current Standings ›http://s33.postimg.org/5y4e3a1zj/LEGS_end_of_week_4.png
Solaris132
Homepage has been updated with logo and voting results. so far, 15 votes are in for the venue, divided by three, that's five people, in case anyone was wondering, plenty of time to get a vote in

New Standings, (Sorted out by division).
http://s32.postimg.org/4ovvx98k5/LEGS_612.png
Solaris132
Stay tuned for the [as yet untitled] LEGS Trophy announcement. We'll be starting that in season 53. I need to find a way to properly organize how I want to structure the announcement, so, it may be tonight.

Right now, Wade Wilson's Wonderful World Tour and Superhero/Villain HQ sit at the top, followed by Restaurants, one day left!

**UPDATE**, I'll announce the [as yet untitled] LEGS Trophy thing, when I announce the Venues in a (hopefully non-malfunctioning) Press Release
Solaris132
LEGS SEASON 53 ANNOUNCEMENT- Venues, BoD, and The LEGS’ Timeless Higher Interdivisional Good Hand Masters Trophy

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
The Votes are IN and it looks like Heroes and Villains HQs are the theme for next season’s tour.

Hero and Villain HQs are in the booking process for season 53’s Tour! Thanks to the funds we amassed this past season, we can afford to travel across the multiverse to the different worlds inhabited by some of our favorite heroes and villains.

Here's where we'll be going next season

Week 1
Sunday, June 26 (Season Opener) – Baxter Building (Fantastic Four)
Tuesday, June 28 LEG DAY – Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters (X-Men)
Thursday, June 30 – Dayton Manor (Doom Patrol)
Saturday, July 2 – Titan’s Tower (Teen Titans)

Week 2
Sunday, July 3 (Regional) – Asteroid M (Brotherhood of Mutants)
Tuesday, July 5 – The Iceberg Lounge (The Penguin)
Thursday, July 7 – Castle Doom (Doctor Doom)
Saturday, July 9 (Regional) – Cobra Island (Cobra)

Week 3
Sunday, July 10 – Avenger’s Tower (The Avengers)
Tuesday, July 12 (Mid-Season Championship) – The Fortress of Solitude (Superman)
Thursday, July 14 – The Watchtower (The Justice League)
Saturday, July 16 - Hall of Justice (The Super Friends/Justice League)

Week 4
Sunday, July 17 (Regional) – Castle Grayskull (The Masters of the Universe)
Tuesday, July 19 – Tower of Fate (Doctor Fate)
Thursday, July 21 – Cats Lair (The Thundercats)
Saturday, July 23 (Regional) – Sanctum Sanctorum (Doctor Strange)

Week 5
Sunday, July 24 – The Mermalair (Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy)
Tuesday, July 26 (Championships) – The Batcave (Batman)

I’m also happy to announce the three new additions to our board of Directors
Utopia –Chapstick
Purple Power –leibling82
Avant-Guarde –jeffb

And lastly, the The LEGS’ Timeless Higher Interdivisional Good Hand Masters Trophy. Inspired by the PEARL-cup from seasons ago, the League Masters Trophy will be a fun little thing to do for us this next season and in seasons to come. Here is the point system.

At normal LEG DAY shows/events hosted by members of LEGS
Participation: 3pts
Division Bronze: 8 pts
Division Silver: 9pts
Division Gold: 10 pts

At Regional LEG DAY Shows (four total)
Participation: 3pts
Top 15: 4pts
Division Bronze: 8 pts (if in top 15, 9 pts)
Division Silver: 9pts (if in top 15, 10 pts)
Division Gold: 10 pts (if in top 15, 11 pts)
Overall Bronze: +8 pts (bonus)
Overall Silver: +9 pts (bonus)
Overall Gold: +10 pts (bonus)

Any other shows during the week.
Top Five in Division: 3pts
Top Five Overall: 4pts
Medaling in Division: 5pts
Placing Overall: 6pts
Winning Overall: 7pts

Finals Week
Semifinalist: 15pts
Finalist: 25pts
Bronze: 35pts
Silver: 40pts
Gold: 50pts

The aforementioned point system will be summed into the “Season points”, there will also be a placement bonus, based on the Overall LEGS Placement, and a Score Bonus, scored points divided by five.

http://s31.postimg.org/ittgy3iej/LEGS_the_something_Trophy_leaderboard_chart_of_s.png

This chart was only done with LEGS Shows, and shows on LEG show-days (with a different number system than the one in place for season 53), since I was testing it out this season to figure out numbers, and it’d take too long to go to every individual day and figure out such, things, and I went ahead and added the finals week points as a projection.

In the Second Chart. It has the season points, the score bonus, the placement bonus, to add to the total points, again, I didn’t add the “other show” points to this final chart, if I did, some of the results would be very, very different.

http://s31.postimg.org/r80f1hvi3/Screen_Shot_2016_06_17_at_9_04_35_PM.png

Well, that’s it for me this evening, Congradulations on this season, good luck to our finalists, and we’ll see you next season!
Chapstick
was hoping that glitch wasn't going to get me .. 100 lol
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato
Solaris132
Updated the History.
Congrats to our all our Finalists:
D3: Arcadian Crest Winterguard, Summer Winds, I am Groot,
D2: Starlight Winterguard, The Squared Dancers, Pandemonium NZ B, The American Flag, Alton Spinnerettes, Avant-Guarde;
D1: Purple Power, Pandemonium NZ, Dark Knights Guard, Virgo's Twirling Maidens, Utopia.

Our Medalists: I am Groot (D3 Silver), Alton Spinnerettes and Avant-Guarde (D2 Bronze and SIlver, respectively), and Utopia (D1 Gold, entering the 100 club).

Definitely a season to remember as we leave the Body Tour and go on to the hidden lairs, manors, caves, castles, and other establishments occupied by some of the worlds greatest, timeless, legendary, heroes and villains. May the offseason treat you all well.

Brace yourselves.
Season 53 is coming.
Solaris132
(in reply to Chapstick)

Glad it didn't. Congrats!

Solaris132
Fell asleep last night as I was making the events. but, now...

All the events are up!
Solaris132
The Baxter Building show was Fantastic! We'll be back in New York a couple of Times.

So last season, the "Visit League Site" Link had the standings for the groups as far as who had what score, I'm going to do the same thing every day "Hopefully" before the next day begins,

It'll have the division (Red-D1, Blue-D2, Yellowish-D3), then the Name, then the score. then it'll have the Chart I mentioned, with the Season Points, the score/5, and the Placement bonus, to keep track on The LEGS’ Timeless Higher Interdivisional Good Hand Masters Trophy standings.

Like last season, the groups in the top 12 of their division will be highlighted, as well as those currently placing in their respective Top Threes.

The "Season Points" rule thing is also on the LEGS homepage, as well as on this forum a few posts prior to this one.

Here's the Link to the Standings as of Today, Sunday 9 EST
http://s32.postimg.org/jt2ju0udx/LEGS_Day_1_Season_53.png
Solaris132
I know I said I'd update the thing every day, but, since there wasn't a change in scores today for the LEGS groups, well, you get the picture.

Tomorrow is a campus visit, I hear it's in extraordinarily exceptional condition.

Everyone's expecting an awesome turnout at the X-mansion.

I'll see you guys tomorrow.
Solaris132
Today brought a lot of Xcitement. 30 for 30 attendance, XtraordinarY (couldn't resist).

P.S... As I'm typing this, I'm listening to "Is She with you? - Wonder Woman Theme" from BvS, which is probably my favorite song out of the whole soundtrack, which goes along with my favorite character from the movie, in one of my favorite scenes in the movie, since I got the X-tended Cut from itunes this morning at 1:00 A.M. and watched it at that time also [in another post somewhere I mentioned going to see it, more than once if I liked it... I did... even though it was kinda weird, I still geeked out]

Back to the post for today. (Switching from DC to Marvel)
Home to the Xmen, Xavier's school for Gifted Youngsters hosted a show full of... Gifted... youngsters? and... oldsters?? [hmm... I know there's a better word for that... Experienced-ers... the experienced...]

The eXcitement really showed from the attendees and the performers this evening.

We had a number of X-students come up and tell some of the groups that they're going to do well in the future... considering some of them had clairvoyant abilities, I wasn't going to be the first to doubt them.
Reed and Sue's son, Franklin, also came up at the end of the Baxter show and said the same thing basically.

Given our current standings, with 5 or 6... maybe 7, contending for a medal in their respective divisions, and 18-20 groups looking to make finals in their respective Division, things look bright for the days of our future, just like the past. The students, especially from the first class, were very welcoming, one could say, United, in their opinions.

http://s31.postimg.org/u6up2agt7/LEGS_Day_3.png

Now we switch over to DC for the rest of this week.
And onto Steve Dayton's (a.k.a. Mento) place, one of many known headquarters for... the Doom Patrol.
Solaris132
Alright everybody, as we transition to the DC Universe for the second half of the week, we had some contests today that LEGS participated in, Dance! Fest, hosted by LEGS member, The Applettes, which had a good amount of LEGS representing, and Fete Montreal, hosted by FLAG member, LBC Guard, which also had a number of our groups present as well.

Good representation and support, the charts are updated.

Tomorrow's a house call.

http://s32.postimg.org/4hgydw491/LEGS_Day_4_S_53.png
Solaris132
More events! Yesterday, LEGS hosted their event at Dayton Manor, and [Insert Name Here] of Guardness, one of our newer members, hosted their first event, ever, the well-attended Guardlings Guard Comp of Redundant Guarding, which had a good amount of LEGS representation.

Today, another one of our, relatively, new members, 7th Heaven, hosted their 2nd Color Guard EXTRAVAGANZA!, with LEGS members taking home some top spots in both divisions, and having some good representation across the board.

Tomorrow, takes us to Titans Tower. A Giant T. Those of us who went to Dayton Manor may yet see a familiar face.

And Next Week, LEGS go to various Evil Lairs, Bad Guy Bases, Enemy Grounds, full of guys in swirling chairs, petting cats, at night, with an occasional strike of lightning here and there usually preceded by an evil laugh or explaining a diabolical scheme.

http://s32.postimg.org/5ibo0w9kl/LEGS_DAY_6_S_53.png

keep on spinning
Solaris132
The Bad Guys have such good hospitality, I deeply admired the space related Asteroid M, enough to make it a regional. and yesterday was pretty chill, just a show at the Iceberg Lounge in Gotham. We'll be returning to Gotham at the end of the season for sure.

Sunday, in addition to the Asteroid Based Regional, a number of our D3 groups represented LEGS really well, at a lake, hosted by Pride of Northwest Indiana, from USGA.

Monday, Massacre hosted their contest, Hastings Nomad Spectacular, which had a good amount of attendance, especially from LEGS.

Yesterday, in addition to The Penguin's club show, Tempest hosted their show, Endsville, featuring several LEGS Members, and more of our Members attended the Invitational at the Castle, hosted by Angelus Winter Guard, of UNSP-G.

Today, a number of our Guards attended Platinum Indoor Festival, hosted by Platinum Indoor, of FLAG.

And Tomorrow, we make a trip to Castle Doom, home to an adversary of the Fantastic Four, primarily, and many other superteams, like the Avengers.
Dr. Victor Von Doom.

http://s31.postimg.org/g772kz6g9/LEGS_DAY_10_S_53.png

http://s31.postimg.org/gxzsqr8tn/LEGS_DAY_11_S_53.png
OreoGamer964
Any updates on the standings/placements on the chart?
1X Division II DCI Champion
Solaris132
I'll have everything updated today. Just got back to my place from being out of town for a few days.
Solaris132
I UPDATED THE CHARTS (Audience claps, people are cheering, fireworks, fanfare, a line of timpani line the streets as chariots ride into town)

I was gone for a few days, this past week, a lot of things happened in the real and fantasy worlds. A bunch of my friends had children and birthdays, I sent things into space, only to watch them oxidate in the lower atmosphere producing spectacular patterns of light. JUPITER!

July 7th, last Thursday, LEGS hosted an event in Doomstadt, Latveria, for a second time, at Castle Doom. The Doc enjoyed our performances, and admires our growth from the last time we were there, a few seasons go.

StarDust Independent also hosted their "Pageant of Dreams 2" which had a number of LEGS groups attending, and conquering.

Friday, Purple Power and Starlight Winterguard hosted "Purple Power Event" and "Starlight Showdown XI" respectively, both had huge turnouts and a great number of LEGS Representation.

Saturday, We had a regional at Cobra Island, to close out our Supervillain week. Cobra Commander was intrigued by the performances, he exclaimed it to us in his, highly unforgettable, voice.
We also had LEGS Representation (StarDust Independent) at King's Colors' (USGA) event, King of Color.

Yesterday, Began our Mid-season Week, Back in New York, at Avenger's Tower, and Tomorrow, we have our Mid-Season Championships, at the Fortress of Solitude.

CHARTS http://s31.postimg.org/6mh3qb32z/LEGS_DAY_15_S_53.png

NOW THE OTHER ANNOUNCEMENT. I've had ideas come to me (publicly and Privately) about how next season's venues will go.

We'll keep the top two from the previous season (Restaurants and Wade Wilson's Wonderful World Tour) and put those, in the running against any new ideas any of you come up with.

You can either post your ideas here, or on the Venue Selection Thread, or send them to me. (Preferably the Venue Selection thread or send them to me)
Venue Selection Thread http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3680

Idea Submission Deadline is on Saturday of Week Four, that's when Voting Begins on the ideas.
Voting will close on Semi Finals Night.
Solaris132
Incredible week everyone!

I haven't been on these past few days as much as I wanted to, since it's that magical time of year where everyone makes new housing arrangements, and I just so happen to fall into that category, I also had my work and summer school assignments as well, and various things that fall into the category of "other", but, I will be updating the charts tonight, as well as my recap of the week, or whatever days I didn't cover in the previous post.

Next week's gonna be exciting... as we travel to multiple realms, with magic, sorcery, power, reality warping, and power.

As far as Ideas for the next season go, I haven't received any new ones, [as of now, when I'm typing this] which is fine, there's still a week left until the voting begins for the Tour Destinations of Season 54.

Live long and prosper. \_// ^(-,-)^