Login Create Account
FMA Mid-West Discussion
bachstrad2010
Sounds good. Interesting question, i've thought about this for a while. Because the difference between the divisions influence wise is only 200, I believe that it would be possible for a group to gain the amount needed within 2 weeks of being bumped up.
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
bachstrad2010
Drummantx, As soon as D1 gets larger than 5 people, you can be the second admin.
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
katkatastrophe
Great!
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

MellophoneM1
I'll join the union if you accept me to become a part of it.
KKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bachstrad2010
Sounds good, nice to have another D2
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
abesimpson
Yeah - could still clear up what it means to be "Mid-West". Kansans like me always ride that "Mid-West", "Great Plains", "Southwest", "What's a Kansan" line of regional classification.
DC - Gutwrencher Brigade
MB - Accounts Payable H.S.
CG - Gigantors
DL - Sticks & Stones
----Mid-Western/Kansas Division---
katkatastrophe
Maybe a map could help! :]
Proud Director Of

ismensink
I would be interested in joining this union with my D1 corps from minnesota, if you would be willing to accept me
hi
bachstrad2010
The region consists of twelve states in the north-central United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Ohio and Wisconsin. I stole this from Wikipedia, I think it's pretty accurate.
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
bando
I think Oklahoma is getting moved to you guys because it isn't exactly South East, and its not a gulf coast state, nor is it really a true western state.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
katkatastrophe
I'm personally fine with Oklahoma moving with us. :]
Proud Director Of

bachstrad2010
The more the merrier!
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
bachstrad2010
Possible contest schedule: I'm trying to devise a schedule that will give everyone an equal amount of contests. I realize that many people are having money problems and some may not be able to host during the second season. Right now, I am going to make the schedule as if our group stays under 12 members for JUST the second season. Therefore, each contest will have one host and 10 groups performing equaling 11.
Pre-Season is one week long: This will be your time to be independent from the group.
Week 1- 3 Comps
1) Bachstrad2010
2) Novak
3)
Week 2- 3 Comps
4) Ismensink
5) Justmister
6)
Week 3- 3 Comps
7) Katkatastrophe
8)
9)
Week 4- Mingle with other Unions/ Combines week
Week 5- Finals week
Please post if you would like to host one, and what week.
Early planning = Success
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
Novak
I should have enough money to host a competition. Go ahead and put me down for a Week 1-3 spot!
katkatastrophe
I'll totally join.

I might have to be week 2 or 3 since I wont be able to log on for preseason week because I'll be at band camp and I dont want to make anything super last minute.
Proud Director Of

justMister
I will be able to host an event. Any week is fine with me.
Proud member of the FMA Mid-West Union
DC - The Stars of Indy
MB - The Marching Giants
CG - X-Factor
DL - Invasion
ismensink
I will be able to host an event, preferably week 2 or 3. However, I have one question. Are these events to be considered union only events, or can other people be apart of them? I think that by including other unions into our events could improove relations with those unions. Plus, we are only able to host once per season, and a 15 group show doesnt necessarily make us the most money possible. I would like to be able to hold a large competition in order to profit more and be able to be more competitive in future seasons. Therefore, a union only event could be detrimental to the members of the union, because they would not recieve as much profit as if they included other unions in their show.
hi
justMister
Ok, this might be a silly question but are we allowed to enter our own events? Also, I would be interested in hosting an event larger than 15 too if that is cool. As long as we fill the union spots first, I don't see a downside to it.
Proud member of the FMA Mid-West Union
DC - The Stars of Indy
MB - The Marching Giants
CG - X-Factor
DL - Invasion
katkatastrophe
@justmister I'm sure thats fine. In the real drum corps world I've never actually seen a show where the host didnt perform..
Proud Director Of

bachstrad2010
As long as everyone in the Union who applies for the competition is accepted, I do not care about what size it is or if you want to be in the competition yourself. The main goal of this whole thing is to give everyone a chance to perform at decent intervals throughout the season. Does this sounds acceptable?
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2