Login Create Account
FMA Mid-West Discussion
Exavier
Sure, that's fine. I'll probably schedule mine on September third then; what better way to celebrate the first home football game of the season?
katkatastrophe
Yeah thats totally fine with me. I'll make mine 2nd of september if thats cool :]
Proud Director Of

Infinity Sound Drum and Bugle Corps (D2)
Infinity Winterguard (D2)
Storm Indoor Drumline (D2)
Westwood Academy Marching Band (D2)

katkatastrophe
Mine is the 2nd of september.
Proud Director Of

rocketfan86
So I made a contest on the 21st. How can I tell if an applicant is from the mid-west combine?
Original Member of the Mid-West Combine (defunct)
katkatastrophe
I applied for it :3
Proud Director Of

katkatastrophe
Okay, just a warning. I'll be at band camp for the rest of this week so I wont be able to accept anyone. Please dont un-apply.

Also, please save me a spot in your competitions?
Proud Director Of

abesimpson
Hope I am not too late -- but I do want to get a comp in on the circuit. I just checked the website listed and it still shows slots open for all three weeks. Is that still true?
I can host at least a Tier 4, maybe a Tier 5 show.
DC - Gutwrencher Brigade
MB - Accounts Payable H.S.
CG - Gigantors
DL - Sticks & Stones
----Mid-Western/Kansas Division---
Novak
All spots for Weeks 1-3 are filled. However, you can host during week four if you would like! That's the week we are planning on just kind mingling around other combines.
Novak
Alright folks, season one is OVER! Time for these unions to take some action! Create your competitions and post here what the date is! Remember, 15-slot competitions, accept 10 for the Mid-West Union and 5 from any other unions that applied!
ismensink
well, great luck im having today, i forgot to put a date down when i created my competition so i guess ill be hosting on the first day instead of the second week.
hi
Exavier
Everyone, please submit your applications for FMADC Blastoff!, a midwest league competition. Hosted on September 3rd, this competition will consist of a possible 15 at large corps and at least 15 midwest league corps. I will be selecting the at large competition of 15 corps in groups of five, today through Tuesday. I will then distribute the final 15 slots to member corps of the Midwest League on a first come first serve basis.
Novak
Don't worry about it, it's a good thing absesimpson chimed in then, he'll take your date, and you can keep whichever one you made.

I'll start a running list of who's competitions are when so you all know when and where to go join!

edit: Guys, if someone else wants to help run this, that would help a lot. With school coming up and band camp starting tomorrow, I'll have a LOT less time to deal with all of the competitions and craziness going on.
ML23
My show is Drums Over America on August 27th.
bachstrad2010
My show is on the 18th of August. Apply ASAP. Thanks
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
Novak
Week 1: 3 Comps
1) Bachstrad2010 - August 18th
2) ismensink - August 15th
3) rocketfan86 - August 21st

Week 2: 3 Comps
4) abesimpson - ?
5) Justmister - August 26th
6) ML23 - August 27th

Week 3: 3 Comps
7) Katkatastrophe - September 3rd
8) Exavier - September 3rd
9) IMcomJosh - ?

Come Week 4, you may join any competitions you like.

Also, I think Katkatastrophe might have made a mistake...we need another competition on in Week 3, because we have two on the same day.
justMister
Please apply for my show, Pump Up the Volume (MWU) on August 26th.
Proud member of the FMA Mid-West Union
DC - The Stars of Indy
MB - The Marching Giants
CG - X-Factor
DL - Invasion
ashfire
my comp. is on the day before finals. first come first serve out of this combine.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
abesimpson
Posting shortly -- Drums Along the HeatStrokes will be on August 23rd
DC - Gutwrencher Brigade
MB - Accounts Payable H.S.
CG - Gigantors
DL - Sticks & Stones
----Mid-Western/Kansas Division---
IMcomJosh
She might be able to talk to Alex and see if he can fix that mistake.

Be sure to join my competition on September 4th! 2nd Annual Majestic Corps Invitational. I was able to make it a 20 slotted competition and 15 of the slots are reserved for MWC members.
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
Novak
I sent a message to Alex concerning the mistake, we'll see what he can do about it.

You guys are my favorites for getting all the competitions started today, by my schedule, all the shows have been created!