Login Create Account
FMA Mid-West Discussion
Prof
If you guys forward me a list of your group we will try to fit you into some of our shows in week 1. The NE group has informed us they will only be attending our week 3 shows.

ashfire
i would also like this forward. or bachstrad2010 could edit the first post and put up a link to a list of all midwest combine members.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
IMcomJosh
Is our list up to date because I have several applications and only 2 seemed to be from the MWC. Trying to hold off on acceptances. If the list was alphabetical too that would be convenient. ;)
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
Jalapeno
What day should I schedule my Competition? I have enough money to do a competition with 15 competitiors.
MellophoneM1
The Same with me too.
KKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Novak
The list of competitors is up to date, we have 20 members, and here's the blog post listing them:

http://hankponevest13.posterous.com/24723627

@Jalapeno + MellophoneM1 - anytime in Week 4/5 is fine.
ismensink
the list is not up to date, as ashfires group is not included in the list
hi
Novak
That's because he didn't have a drum corps when we signed up, so the title and division were not applicable to his name. Other than that, the list is fine.
mdmackowiak
Everyone should attend Preview of Champions at Lucas Oil Stadium in the marching music capial of the world, Indianapolis, Indiana! Show date is Tuesday, August 17th. Space is limited, so apply ASAP. See if you will become a legend and become a CHAMPION!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
IMcomJosh
I still have 6 spots left open for MWC members. I wasn't able to add The Stout Marchers because they had already filled up 5 competitions that week. Current MWC groups attending is:

Indiana Sound
Poison Sound
Regal Regiment
Glory Cadets
Cornhuskers
Stars of Indy
Minn Regiment
Epic
Gold Sound
mdmackowiak
Good idea Josh.

I still have 7 spots left open, as well, for MWC members. I wasn't able to add Minneapolis Regiment, yet, because they had already been accepted for 1 show per day thing. Current MWC groups attending is:

Indiana Sound
Minneapolis Regiment*
Epic DBC

I will be taking only 10 MWU groups. I looked at all the other shows on my show date and a good number are going to those shows. I do not think any of them are MWU sanctioned, but if I do not have 10 by Friday I will start adding others.

No to be the negitive person, but I thought the point of hosting a MWU show was to get MWU all together. Why would you go to other shows? (Sorry, my little rant...)
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
bachstrad2010
Last call for applications to my August 18th event. At 6:30 Eastern Time 8/9/2010, I will start accepting non-union groups.
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
abesimpson
Yeah, with my event on Aug 23 - first 15 slots are for MWU corps -- going to fill that up tonight.

Gutwrencher's did sign up for Josh's event, waiting on the ap.
DC - Gutwrencher Brigade
MB - Accounts Payable H.S.
CG - Gigantors
DL - Sticks & Stones
----Mid-Western/Kansas Division---
ismensink
yeah, since ive already been accepted to five shows in week one, i wont be able to attend the preview of champions.
hi
IMcomJosh
I was able to fill 12 of 20 spots with MWC members. Could have had 2 more but those Corps already had 5 contests that week. The rest I haven't seen apply yet. The rest will be going to out of combine Corps. I think overall it was a successful venture for us (the combine) seeing as it is mostly us. Represent! :)
mdmackowiak
@ismensink. It is ok.

However there are no other MWU people signed up for mine. I have over 30 apps waiting to come so I just taking who I want at this point because I do no want people to wait.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
ashfire
i have three MWU members currently in my competition. i can accept 12 more. its called 1st seasonal korinth bugle and drum comp. it's on the last day before finals. JOIN!!!
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
bachstrad2010
Sorry ashfire, I already signed up for a competition that day. :(
Indiana Sound - D2 (MidwestUnion)
Corydon Sound - D2
Vis X - D2
Music X Ensemble - D2
Exavier
I would like to remind all mid-west league members to sign up for FMADC Blastoff! on Friday, Sept 4th. I currently have 15 slots open that are reserved for mid-west league members. Any slot's not giving to mid-west league corps by THIS Friday (Aug. 13) will instead be handed to non mid-west league corps.
okjerichoranger
I would definitely be interested in joining in Season 3, as long as Oklahoma corps can join!