Login Create Account
CLASS
cire
It's one of the requirements to being in BD.

If you don't come to win, go home.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
Lol, that's like every corps.... it's just that only one corps actually does it xD
12 years later
cire
Not really.. there are corps that say "winning isn't everything" or my personal favorite "we play for the crowd"

If you wanted to just have a good time and play for the crowd or whatever, go join DCA. I had a blast there, in a lot of ways it was even better than BD/DCI.... BUT if you want to kick your own ass every day, work hard, and be in a very competitive corps that has basically only been out of the top 3 just handful of times.. then you don't go there to "play to the crowd" or with the attitude of "winning isn't everything". You go there to be the best and to win.

Do you think if Crown lost this year the members would be jumping up and down crying from excitement because the crowd was all over their nuts? No. they would be pissed off and crying like babies.

http://imgur.com/ADmaPWb
This was me, Liam is a member of the Cadets, and the other guy is his dad.
cire
There is a saying (one of many) that we have at BD..

FYWW

Fuck You We Win

because a lot of people hate BD.. well, they love them when BD loses. People boo BD, but that just means BD is winning and that's fine. So FYWW is about drum corps and competition and when it all comes down to it, the only thing that matters is who won. BD wins because they want it more than anyone else and they don't care what anyone else thinks. Competition is about winning, which is why BD members wear their DCI rings on their fingers during finals night. Some corps have chevrons, feathers, etc.. but there is nothing more telling or intimidating and badass when someone walks out on to the field with their hand covered in this.. http://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31/p480x480/979815_1375024696046215_1714563863_o.jpg thats from a guy I marched with who marched BD 92-99.
KStove
As a matter of fact, for most corps, winning is not everything
FastForward
It is the ONLY thing ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Stradivarius
Lol thus the IHLS disease I spoke of earlier :P
12 years later
FastForward
I was just following Cire's thought ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
cire
The only corps who claim that winning is not everything are the corps that don't or win.
Stradivarius
Lol it isn't all about winning. I get more of a thrill at the end of the show when the crowd gives you a standing ovation for 5 minutes as you walk off the field than when the statesmen were announced in first at any given show. I love competiton, but pleasing a crowd is really where it's at. Maybe the only corps that say that are the ones that know they can't win. Statesmen could have won, but we focused more on putting on a damn entertaining show. Our director good old david bruni would watch the crowd after each corps would compete. Every single show, we would win that crowd. Minn brass and the buccenneers could both score 100s for all I cared. We would win the crowd, and it was like that all the way up through the last finals performance the statesmen ever had. THAT is what performing is about.
12 years later
KStove
Cire, as much as I can appreciate the way BD approaches things, you're not right in saying what you just did.
gcurrier
I love competition--it truly makes you stronger. I dont think that "winning is everything" prepares people realistically for the world however. So if we look at DCI from an educational opportunity perspective--there is SO MUCH MORE than winning...There are many great alumni from BD but then again there are from MANY corps, many who didnt win--many who inspired crowds and future generations of new champions. I must clash a little with the supposed BD philosophy---i tend to appreciate many of their "losing" shows then I do winning...88 for example will always be one of my favorite shows...one hand one heart....many others...fact is whoever wins there is a LOT of negative talk (its not a BD exclusive sorry). Cavies went through it a lot as have Cadets---as much as people loved Crown, no doubt im shocked to hear so much dissension that its not greatest show ever---shocking--hardly...

i only care half the time who wins because it impacts my fantasy corps lol i love a good show...i love to get a show with a great crowd reaction (and that they get)...i love some passion and i love to be blown out of my seat. many corps do one or a few of these things--hardly ever do they do them all...the impact some of these shows have can last a life time---who won will often be forgotten by everyone but the one who won...thats the legacy one wants, so be it...i'd rather my legacy be remembered by someone other than me
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
and Kstove---we will be waiting!!!

KStove
That show is absolutely loaded, that's for sure. 5 of the top 6 at the moment.
gcurrier
good times!

cire
I'm only talking about "winning is everything" when talking about the super competitive top 3 corps or whatever it is. I do know it's not "all" about just winning
cire
I'm also just a huge troll, so pretty much anything I say is to troll someone.
Jhawk
I would have never guessed that cire always has a troll face on.
Ivory Brigade
cire
always. I also have no emotion or empathy.. and I have a poker face that is pretty much unmatchable.
Nakoda
love for me is an emotion to bad i dumped you
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4