Login Create Account
CLASS
gcurrier
I just realized that Bluecoats and Nemesis are even tied with total number of wins in the season at 18! given only one more show and we are at separate ones, we will likely tie at 19...cant get much closer--like we are twins
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
I never said I'd do a write up O_o Jhawk is going to do one lol
12 years later
gcurrier
We are Pleased to announce the lineup for todays CLASS Championship! These placements are based on corps previous scores from the four CLASS Regional Shows.

Division 3
4:30 The Holy Regiment B (59.49)
4:45 Vegas Crusaders (63.51)

Division 2
5:00 Ruim Angels (63.01)

Division 1
5:15 Blue Devils of Carolina (65.01)
5:30 Ivory Brigade (75.60)
5:45 The Holy Regiment (78.05)

6:00 BREAK

6:15 Bluegrass Regiment (83.67)
6:30 Lexington Legends (87.39)
6:45 Chipley Vanguard (87.53)
7:00 Leviathan (88.22)
7:15 Nemesis (90.37)
7:30 Carolina Royals (88.09) *Defending CLASS Champion

each division seems to have a heavy favorite, but in Division 1 we have a few possible spoilers for medals including a dark-horse in the defending champs, Carolina Royals who aren't used to coming into CLASS Championships an underdog and JUST MIGHT work to show they are still in this thing! Nemesis has been battling all season long with Bluecoats who aren't attending CLASS Championships so you'd think it would be a nice easy night for them---NEVER in the league Championship that defines the competitive spirit of FMA! THE CLASS Championship!

gcurrier
Man we have barely started and we have already had a GREAT CLASS Championship!

Holy Regiment B started us off with a great show and some Don Ellis favorites screeching through the stands here in New York and let me tell you by the time we got to Niner-Two the crowd was grooving! pulling off a great first season, Holy Regiment B is one of those corps we just know will climb! Musically brass, ensemble and GE have been really strong for these kids this season and we look to see them take finals by storm!

Vegas Crusaders, also in their first season have held off Holy Regiment B all season and currently are in the top 5 nationally. Their show Lunar Eclipse certainly has a bit of vegas feel to it, yet has become a drum corps classic. while this corps remains extremely balanced its the guard that has really stood out for us. Can they propel the corps to their first CLASS Championship? we shall see later!

saxamattone
Live CLASS Championship blog? Things just got real over here! Lol

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
only one corps in Division 2 tonight but its a solid one none the less! The Ruim Angels are just tenths out of a finals spot come Saturday and I doubt they will take tonight's CLASS Championship lightly. GE wise they are very strong and balanced out with their Les Mis show, but performance the kids seem to just have not reached their peak yet. Never the less, this season 31 Silver medalist in Division 3 has taken their step up in stride!

ON to Division 1 Blue Devils of Carolina are sitting a ways back in the standings and could get up ended by their Division 2-3 counter parts, but the show FUNDS seems to suggest this corps is really looking more toward the future and hey in this economy, just about everyone can connect with their show about a laid off factory work trying to make it in the world.

Suddenly Ivory Brigade hit this crowd and you could tell we were taking things to the next level! In their show Grunge, they have fused the music of Pearl Jam,Fuel and Nirvana and got a little rock in the mix with Bach and Beethoven tonight! While there show might not be top 12 just yet, their is a cult following that has fallen in love with this corps and show! After a very classical season last year in division 2--what a fun way to say--hey we are here in division 1!

Holy Regiment thought we need to turn up the temperature here in NY where its a balmy 34 degrees! This crowd loved being reminded that summer is on the way with Heated: A Summer in Charleston. GE has suffered a bit this season but performance has been spot on especially in the brass caption.

That brought us to break and we were ready to edge closer corps fighting for a finals spot come Saturday!

gcurrier
OH ITS REAL!!!!

gcurrier
Bluegrass Regiment brought us back from break and they ARE one of those corps just a few points from finals. While they may fall just short, this may be one of their best seasons as of recent especially considering that 54th place in season 31. The great come back is in large part to the Dividing Line show providing a great balance for the corps. At this South Regional they were solidly in the middle of the field getting 6th in every category. I am anxious to see where they take us over the next few seasons!

FastForward
Let us hear more:

6:30 Lexington Legends (87.39)
6:45 Chipley Vanguard (87.53)
7:00 Leviathan (88.22)
7:15 Nemesis (90.37)
7:30 Carolina Royals (88.09) *Defending CLASS Champion

The Drama of it all !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
Lexington Legends started us into the top 12 and that top 12 seems pretty set with Lexington Legends in that #12 spot. After years of being #2 or #3, the show On Fire! seemed strangely named, but the corps really has been scoring strongly and with Malaguena, you certainly have the crowd on your side! This is another very balanced corps with visual performance and guard putting them just an edge ahead.

Chipley Vanguard who was just TENTHS ahead for the series, has as of late made a bit of a run and is up to 9th place nationally. While they have been beating Legends in every category, the GE of Disney's on The Record shows has kept them in a great spot.

gcurrier
Leviathan has stormed to the top of their game once again with Stormy Weather. The corps has risen high then slipped back a bit all season but always stayed right in the game. GE has been a bit weak now and then but the performance side has been solid, especially in brass and percussion. If they an get those GE scores up they could be pushing for a medal come finals. They are currently in 7th.

Nemesis who just got off the field has had a great and extremely competitive show. currently on top of the leader board, they remained undefeated most of the season only losing twice to Bluecoats. Dante Symphony was a very different and sometimes dark approach for them but classical fans have really grabbed on. Barely grabbing silver last season they look to fight for the gold this season by emphasizing all performance captions, but GE and ensemble have hurt a little more than typical for them. Can they hold on and win the CLASS Championship and how will they finish at finals?

gcurrier
OH Carolina Royals have their fans after all these years of grabbing the top spot. However with that comes a tough standard from some including the judges. This season has shown that thoroughly, but the last week or so the corps has stepped up their game and has gone from 12th to bronze medal position. Their strength for sure is GE GE GE! Symphony #5 is a great show all around and at times it just seems its very hard for the performers. However as others work to improve GE, ALL Royals have to do is clean clean clean and suddenly performance scores will catch the pack. Will the passion of the show be enough to sweep the judges off their feet for a CLASS upset? or will they have to wait till Saturday to strike? we shall soon know!

KStove
Back to a .005 lead heading into prelims. I wouldn't have expected anything else after how the season has gone
gcurrier
scores are in and what a show! Vegas Crusaders hold off Holy Regiment B to win the gold in division 3. Ruim Angels take the gold in division 2, but unfortunately were beaten by both division 3 corps!

In Division 1 Nemesis took the gold by improving slightly in GE and holding their performance captions. Carolina Royals however edged even closer making the spread less than .7! Leviathan grabbed the bronze and moved up a spot nationally as well.

Going into finals, no shock here, its a CLASS festival at the top! The top four spots are heating up the competition with Nemesis, Bluecoats, Carolina Royals and Talluhoma Azure Force all right in the mix for a medal! it could literally come down to Saturday night!

gcurrier
me neither KStone! LOL I figured it would be me back in second LOL

Stradivarius
I really liked what you do with your blogs gcurrier lol. I have read them for DCPI and you do a great job man!
12 years later
KStove
It's going to come down to who chooses to focus on what with rehearsal here at the end. Pretty crazy that it is this close and has been for so long, I would've figured you'd maybe gain a bit as the season went on since you've been on here every season, but I guess my influence in the beginning has kept me right there with you.
gcurrier
oh so it WILL be about strategy after all??? LOL I guess I at least win that one LOL it will completely be about who focus what and by how much. When its this close the slightest of difference could mean the title.

Thanks Strad...I probably take it a little too seriously--but thats the fantasy part I enjoy--if I am going to do this as much as I do--I am going to take it seriously LOL

KStove
When it comes to the end it is, unless you know you'll get to 100
Stradivarius
cough guard cough cough
12 years later