Login Create Account
SPORTS! 2
Whiskers14
lol
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline
Stradivarius
Well that's good lol. Just beat them next time!
12 years later
Nakoda
we will coach told us that was a test run he wanted us to lose believe it or not lol
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Jhawk
That kinda sounds like the little kid that lost in a video game and said you know what I WANTED to lose so I actually won.
Ivory Brigade
Nakoda
lol well see coach is a special coach if we mess up he will not call a time out he let's us figure things out on our own we pretty much had no coach the majority of the game. And when he said he was hoping we'd lose he meant I just wanted to study UCONN so we can beat them next time we meet.

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
Lol
12 years later
Whiskers14
excuses lol jk
MrsRomo
I believe it
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Whiskers14
Yea well i dont judge what professional and college coaches make decisions bc theyre coaching at a college/ pro level and i dont understand much about strategy so i just trust what the coach's strategy is lol
cire
umm.. didn't he get plenty of chances to study them the last time you guys played them and got beat? I'm not buying it... coaches spend hours watching and analyzing tapes.. they know what they are up against.. and study them for what? Next year? Next year will be a team with new players, improved players, etc... same as your school. That sounds like a cop out.

Imagine a 49ers fan saying "I'm glad we lost against Seattle, we wanted to lose because that will give us plenty of time to study them for next year"

or the Broncos coach saying "nah, we wanted to lose the Super Bowl so we can study Seattle for next year"

Don't like football? Compare it to this.. the Dream Team in the 2004 Olympics took Bronze. Why? Because they wanted to study to opposition for the 2008 Olympics so they could win.

Sounds stupid.. right? That's because it is.

Please tell me you don't buy that. I'm sure he's a great coach, but that doesn't and never will add up or make any sense. Ever.

Want more proof? You could just as easy study a team by playing them and actually winning.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Nakoda
they're new this yr boooooy don't make me slap you that rant was not needed. (we play them again in our last game of the season) new players = new team for them. he didn't know who would defend me all game or who would defend shoni all game there is no way to know that and geno never changes his strategy on match ups because it works

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
Shut down lol. This is weird cire actually didn't know something :P
12 years later
Nakoda
lol when it comes to someone i look at as a father figure for 9 yrs best believe i'll protect him no matter how dumb it may sound lol

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
Damn straight lol
12 years later
cire
I'm not wrong.. It's still dumb to lose a game just to be able to study them. You can easily do that from observing the other team and coach during the game.. winning or losing should have no outcome from your observations. I do sort of half agree about not taking timeouts and letting the players figure it out... but at the same time, part of coaching is knowing your players and coaching them. If you see your players going down hill for some reason it is part of your responsibility to call the time out and get their heads out of their ass. Just like how you call subs for someone who is not pulling their weight.

If you think about any coach in any sport (not your coach though) who would say that they were hoping to lose to a team just to study them... they would probably be out of a job faster than Strad can spell something wrong.
KStove
Don't you watch film for a reason? Just a thought...
Stradivarius
Faster than you can lose to me at the start of the season :P
12 years later
cire
*at

See, KStove knows what's up. Coaches watch film for a reason and a good coach should be able to know who is going to be matched up with who and even a bad coach should be able to figure that out once they play the team. No reason to lose just to figure it out.
Stradivarius
what are you trying to fix O.o
12 years later
KStove
Well, I played college sports myself, albeit not basketball, but for baseball we had scouting reports on every batter we had to face (being a pitcher), so you had a decent idea of their weaknesses. Yeah, you don't know how they'll match up with your pitches specifically, but you get a general idea how to work them. Regardless, in no case would you ever get smashed by a team one game and just say "okay, we were just testing them out there, but NOW we'll be able to beat them after sacrificing a regular season game". You work your butt off in every single game and adjust in real time, not just after the fact.