Login Create Account
SPORTS! 2
Jhawk
Wichita was already a big player last year making it to the final 4 and it looks like they have improved their team from last year. I have to rep them from the MVC and it isn't a team I hate like SIU or Creighton.
Ivory Brigade
Jhawk
I just double checked and they lost to Louisville last year by 4 points in the final 4. Though it looks like if they play again it would be in the finals.

Oh and they beat Gonzaga.
Ivory Brigade
MrsRomo
Yeah I know. We beat them last year but they are both different teams lol. And yeah....I could see them being last years gonzaga where they are a no 1 and get beat by a much lower seed.

But like I said... I don't know much about basketball... I just like watching it.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Jhawk
I had stopped following my own university's basketball program after I left because they fell apart after being denied to the tournament in 2006.

That will always be a bitter year for me. We had an RPI in the high 20s and we weren't selected. It was my first year of Men's Pep band after that I went to Lady's.
Ivory Brigade
MrsRomo
Ahh. I loved traveling for pep band. Pep band and my fraternity are probably the best memories from college.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Nakoda
Jhawk I think they can beat Wichita and here's why....unlike last year they haven't played any ranked teams at all this season and that does hurt a team. It hurt our mens team this year for sure but I think they're fine now.
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Jhawk
I don't think that it will hurt them not playing a ranked team this season. They have played several great teams that should be in in the tournament as well such as BYU and I believe Tulsa got an auto bid. Then they also beat Tennessee and SLU which should be in the tourny as well, but are bubble teams.

I don't think they will go all the way which is why I don't think they would have to play Louisville, but I do expect them to do very well this year. I'm hoping for at least a repeat final 4.
Ivory Brigade
Nakoda
idk i haven't followed many teams this yr been focused on my own.

Kiowa's 2nd account.

FastForward
So, Asia ... are you sticking with the UofL Men's B-Ball team as your favorite for the Men's NCAA's Tourney ???
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Nakoda
yes but only because russ smith deserves it

Kiowa's 2nd account.

MrsRomo
THE MEN ARE PLAYING IN ORLANDO AND I CANT GO BECAUSE IM TOO POOR TO GET TICKETS TO AN NCAA GAME
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Nakoda
lol everyone is saying we got screwed in seeding....i think it's fair seeding doesn't matter its the team and how they play that wins it in the end...our turn tomorrow BUM BUM BUUUUM i have my doubts that uconn will end up in a different region than us. SMU, Memphis, UCONN, and Cincinnati are all in the same side of the bracket lol wooooooow they just played a conference tournament with each other that sucks arse. Then UK and Louisville are in the same region...nervous about that game. BUT LOL JAMES YOUNG lol he has to be the most hated person on that team right now

Kiowa's 2nd account.

MrsRomo
Poor Wichita State. Duke, Louisville and Kentucky all in the same bracket. So many storylines there....

Can't wait to find out your bracket, Asia!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Nakoda
Kentucky loses in third round, Louisville wins it all against florida. i have duke losing to texas.

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Jhawk
We should all do a bracket challenge ourselves just for fun. And I think Wichita will get their rematch against Louisville.
Ivory Brigade
Nakoda
how do we do that lol

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Jhawk
http://fantasymarchingband.mayhem.cbssports.com/

I set up a group for us to be able to do brackets and compete against each other. The pasword is FMA
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
Guys Syracuse is obviously going to win the championship
12 years later
Jhawk
Put your bracket where your mouth is and we shall see.
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
(cough sarcasm cough)

Syracuse can't even beat Boston Collage or NC State. They beat Duke because Tyler was a BA and decided to sink a half court shot at the buzzer. They beat NC State because some idiot got got called for goal-tending as the buzzer sounded on a layup that was going to roll off the rim anyways...
12 years later