Login Create Account
BRAVO! BANDS CHAT!
Kiwidrummer
Yes, I can do that also.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
gcurrier
thank you kiwi
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiwidrummer2
So please hold tight guys. A BRAVO! Championship will be created. Tuesday before prelims.

Kiwidrummer2
OK guys. I can only host a 25 group championship. Will take too long to campaign for enough money for 30 bands. Is this acceptable? Can create now. We can use scores from other shows for bands who can not attend.

Kiwidrummer
No worries Gary.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
OK guys. Here are the details.

BRAVO! Championships - FedExField
Washington, DC (Landover, Maryland)
Tuesday November 17th, 2015

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/07/FedExField01.jpg/640px-FedExField01.jpg

The Championships will be created within the next 12 hours. There are only 25 spots. Get your entry on quick as this show will fill up quickly. It will be first come, first accepted. We will though try our best to keep a balance across the 3 divisions.

For the BRAVO! bands that have other commitments or are not included in the 25, we will create a virtual score that will be part of the final scores/placements.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Jim Helsel
FastForward
Hello Kiwidrummer,

If Bravo needs an additional Season ending championship show in order to allow all Bravo groups to participate, I would be willing to host a show on November 17th with my main group FastForward. I do not need the cash so I would only set a $5 Ticket price. Let me know if you still need an additional show.

Thanks,

FastForward
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
We appreciate the offer FF--I feel that is certainly good sportsmanship to show across FMA. I do think the resolution should be within the league. Please know I would feel this way no matter who presented the offer if they were not part of the league. I think universally we can agree it is appreciated however.

I know in past due to various issues a "virtual" show was required using the same day as a standard for finals and it did work. So I agree with Kiwi having the one main show and the rest (unless league members can host one still) will be virtual will work just fine.

I think beyond that we need to begin to discuss our future options. This works as our immediate need, however I don't feel is a long term-solution. One possible solution I want to be transparent about Corndogshuffle and I have been discussing. I shut FBOA down to move here. I still have access to it and nearly 7.6 million dollars worth of funds. we can move to FBOA once again and all BRAVO! bands would be invited. I welcome your thoughts

corndogshuffle
I'm with Gary - I really do appreciate it FF (I wouldn't BS you, you know that) but we are looking for a more long term fix and splintering FBOA back into existence is an option we are very strongly considering. (It's been a long day GC and I'll respond to your message when I'm back atcasa de Corndog)
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Kiwidrummer2
The BRAVO! Championship is up. Get your entry in quick.

cjbuckley1997
So I've heard whispers of FBOA coming back, is that going to be a thing?
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier
I think with no long term solution as of now, it makes sense to start FBOA next season. It has a large budget to host as many shows as we want and a structure to resolve our current issues. Everyone at BRAVO would be welcome!

Kiwidrummer
That's a nice advantage to have, an established league laying dormant. Making my vote as a BoD public, I am in full support of BRAVO! members merging/migrating to FBOA. The winning culture and community driven atmosphere will no doubt fit in well with the well established and respected traditions of FBOA. We look forward to next season.

Meanwhile, the BRAVO! Championships is now opening its doors to non-league bands. Its our way of saying thank you FMA for the few good seasons we had together.

As far as a season schedule, BRAVO! will designate member shows as sanctioned BRAVO! events for the remainder of the season.

Jim Helsel
gcurrier
You've done a great job Jim getting us through the season! Thank you for all the work. I should also add, all BOD members will remain BOD members at FBOA.

Kiwidrummer2
Hey everyone. Please welcome the Frenship Tiger Band to BRAVO!.

gcurrier
Welcome!

Kiwidrummer
From 15th to 9th in a day. I'll take it, even if only for a day. I know there were bands with the night off.
Still got a ways to go to catch up with Marching Knights and Robinson Secondary Schools. You guys rock and give us inspiration...
One day though.

Jim Helsel
ThatOneFrenchHorn
Thanks guys for the welcome, can someone please remind me what day the events are again? Also I'm super excited to be a part of BRAVO!
ThatOneFrenchHorn
gcurrier
Time to make the switch to FBOA! IS NOW OPEN AND RUNNING