BRAVO! BANDS CHAT!
Kiwidrummer2
Haha, sorry, wrong account lol.

Kiwidrummer
There, that's better.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kopar199
Hey guys, congrats to everyone who has made it into semifinals, I'm glad I made it, as I did only join in the last two weeks, Don't think I'll make it into finals, so good luck to everyone who is doing well enough to make it!
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kopar199

Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kopar199

Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
crowleylex
Thank you and good luck next season
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
AlanLovesMe
BRAVO! 1st, 3rd, 4th, & 5th in d2 and GHS 9th in d3... Awesome! Have the time of your life tomorrow night.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kopar199
Hey everyone, make sure you sign up for the preseason parade, it could be good publicity, and lots of fun to do. It might also help your BAND
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kopar199
Hey everyone, make sure you sign up for the preseason parade, it could be good publicity, and lots of fun to do. It might also help your BAND. here is the link http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3133
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
RedEastMovement
Already done.

Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Kopar199
oops, didnt mean to post that twice... LOL
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kiwidrummer
That's alright Kopar, you added the link onto the second one. I'm signed up. If you read through old posts, you will see it was a fun event last season. I learn quite a lot by searching random questions and topics in the forums.

Jim Helsel
Kopar199
Thanks kiwi, I am looking forward to it! although I am slightly terrified, due to the fact that I am already going to be in div 2
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
AlanLovesMe
Hey, Kopar, it's shocking, I know, but you'll get through it. Rehearse steadily and watch your groups rise to the top. Everyone wants to come back their second season and kick butt, after getting the hang of how everything works. There's a good chance you'll be in division 2 a few seasons. So, continue practicing and developing a solid rehearsal strategy, and don't get discouraged if you don't medal your first time around. It took me two season in division 2. I've noticed that once groups start reaching level 40, they make the jump to d1. You've still got plenty of time! Don't worry :)
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kopar199
Thanks, I really am looking forward to this season, Its going to be exciting. In all honesty i would be glad if i could make it to finals with any of my groups this season.
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kiwidrummer
Kopar, I was just looking through some scores and stats and yes, I really am surprised your DC and MB both moved to DII while your CG and DL stayed in DIII. It must have something to do with how many new groups started late in the season and how many semifinalists there were in DIII because of this. But, as ALM put it, you will more than likely have two seasons in DII, so keep your rehearsals consistent, at least once every 5-6 hours and you will move up. My A group was a finalist in DIII our first season, won bronze in DII our second season, and our 3rd was still on DII, leading FMA through out the season, placed 1st in prelims, then completely bombed out at semis and finals, dropping to 6th. In our 4th, we moved to DI, starting the season near the bottom, something like 60th out of 70 some bands. We finished the season in 20th as a semifinalist in our first DI season. My drum corps followed the same path, except they won the gold in their second DII season and finished 24th in their first DI season. All of my B groups started 2 seasons after my A groups, finalists in DIII first season, finalists in DII next season, and are now in their second season in DII looking for podium finishes before the move to DI.

So success can come with dedication to the game. Like said, keep your rehearsals consistent and you will improve.

Jim Helsel
Kopar199
Thanks guys, its lots of help!
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kiwidrummer
Best wishes to all bands in tonight's BRAVO! Season Opener. We have a full field of15 bands competing tonight, with 8 DIII bands, 6 in DII, and one lone DI band. This will be my first time seeing these bands for season 40 and I greatly anticipate their shows. Headlining the show will be Aftershock NZ Performing Arts School.

Hope everyone is ready for this show, and best wishes to all the BRAVO! bands competing across FMA tonight.

Jim Helsel
yankeesfan1324
Just a general question for everyone - what makes better bands good?

I know that influence at the beginning of the season determines how good the people who audition will be. I know that staff can also help. I know that rehearsals help a lot.

I've found that all of my groups (especially my drum corps and marching band) are near the top of DIII. Is this because I choose the right types of rehearsals, or is this just because I am better at not letting my energy sit at 600? I usually rehearse every 4 or so hours, and the only time I run campaigns is at night (when I wouldn't be able to rehearse for 8+ hours). Does the average person run campaigns constantly or not check it every 6 hours?
RedEastMovement
I personally found myself being very competitive whenever I take a season off to simply campaign for more influence and cash for ranking up my staff, but yes, all your reasons are valid too.

For example, since my show this year is heavy on percussion and winds but minimal guard, I focus more on the percussion and wind rehearsals and save just enough for a guard rehearsal. I personally let my energy top off at 600 and then do multiple rehearsals all at once. And the last part really intrigued me. I may try that in the following days.
-Red
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS