Login Create Account
BRAVO! BANDS CHAT!
Kiwidrummer
Yah, thanks everyone. Even a.5 difference on the Richter scale can be massive, then it depends on how deep it is too? It shook me pretty good, but more brought back memories of 2011. Bad thing is it was very close to the Alpine Fault here and they said it has affected it. Predictions say an 8.0 to 9.0 when that one goes.....complete destruction then.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kiwidrummer
I wanna come back home to Maryland!!! lol. Can deal with crabs (the ocean and bay type haha).

Jim Helsel
Kopar199
You just need to move to Oklahoma, It might be a bit cold here, but there are lots of awesome people!
Tornado Regiment
Pride of Harrah Marching Band
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
Kiwidrummer
And tornados too too

Jim Helsel
Kopar199
there are lots of tornados, but I've lived here for the last 10 years and I've never seen one, and the closest that one has gotten to me is about a mile and a half. Just don't live in Moore, They always get the big ones, like the may 20th tornado a couple years ago, and the may 4th one in 99'
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
sbales
I remember hearing about the one that hit Moore a few years ago. I'm fascinated with storms. I should be a storm chaser :))
Kopar199
It was really scary actually, but afterwards it was amazing to see how many people were willing to help. My church actually changed our schedule for 2 weeks, so we had our one important meeting later in the evening, and then spent the time we would normally be in church helping clean up, and there was so many people who showed up to help, it was amazing.
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
AlanLovesMe
Hello,

I will be accepting one more group to the board of directors. Currently, there are 4 directors, including me. Here are the 4 and their roles:

Triforce Allegiance:
Real Name - Katie
Roles - Founder, Director of Operations, recruiter (Queen of BRAVO!, as it has been jokingly stated by other board members)

Aftershock NZ Performing Arts School:
Real Name - Jim
Roles - Director of Communications, recruiter (writes about current league events, very active in the forum)

Band Together:
Real Name - Austin
Roles - Director of Events, recruiter (Austin accepts event suggestions, creates the league schedule and keeps track of our event spending)

Marching Catalyst:
Real Name - Brandon
Roles - Director of Membership, recruiter (Sends welcome letters and keeps track of who comes and goes)

In addition to these roles, board members are active in the decision making for the league. If I or anyone proposes a change, a vote will be conducted and the majority rules.

I seek a member who is very active on FMA, active in the forum, and has enough experience to answer new member questions. I prefer someone who has ideas and will take the promotion seriously but still have fun. No matter what, it's just a game!

Current board members, feel free to nominate someone. Everyone should feel free to discuss this openly in the forum.

Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kopar199
Hi Katie, I would be very interested in being on the board of directors, as I have already had a great time doing it for REGAL drum corps league, I am open to being assigned any role or position on the board, and am definitely active enough to fill the role. I do believe that I have learned enough to answer most new members question, in the little time I have been on here.
Please do consider me.
Thanks!
PS
If you have anymore questions for me, feel free to PM me.
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
AAustin19
we'll be doing the same for ROTC. . . No offense to you Kopar, but i wouldn't mind promoting Wayne. They are the most experienced band in our league. They've been on this site for the past 20 seasons. THey are a very strong competitor in division 1. If Wayne has no interest to be promoted, I vote for Kopar.
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
crowleylex
I wouldnt mind the position either but if someone else really wants it more, then I am fine with letting them have it
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
Solaris132
I too am interested, now that I have more free time.
Wouldn't be my first BOD gig, and this group is very active.
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
Kopar199
I don't take offense Austin, I am still a new player so I completely understand wanting to put someone with more experience in the position, but I do believe I could help in many ways despite being a young player. But still, the decision is ALM's so we'll see
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
FinalFantasy
awesome the person I would nominate has nominated himself good luck guys
FinalFantasy
awesome the person I would nominate has nominated himself good luck guys
FinalFantasy
lol darn internet lagged so I hit send again sorry for the double post
AlanLovesMe
So I will get a hold of Wayne and see if he is interested before I enter his group in the running. I still want Jim's (Kiwidrummer) opinion too. He might want to nominate someone. I like creating surveys LOL So I will create a "ballot" and all board members and nominees can vote. If there is a tie, the board will discuss which action to take next. (there might be more than one promotion)

Also, Jim(Kiwi) could use some help in the forum with the communications role. He needs help with the league write ups and introducing new bands and keeping a dialogue flowing in the forum. Will you be able to help him?
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kopar199
I couls definitely help Jim out with write ups, as I already do that for FMA in general, but could also help communicate in other ways to. Thanks again, and good luck to everybody!
Tornado Regiment
Tornado Drumline
Tornado Color Guard
AlanLovesMe
The results are in. Congratulations to Wayne (WCHS) and Pride of Harrah Marching Band (Kopar199) on their promotion to the board of directors.

Wayne received 4 votes. Pride of Harrah received 2, Soaring Sounds and The Asteroid Belt Band received 1 vote each.

Brandon, the director of Marching Catalyst (FinalFantasy) has decided to resign from the BRAVO board of directors but has done it on good terms. He can explain why if he chooses to do so.
FinalFantasy
Because Katie is adamant to only have 5 directors on the board, I decided to give up my spot to someone who really seems to want it. I'm on the board in FAME and ROTC and want to give someone else a chance to experience a position on the BoD. Even though Wayne received more votes, Kopar seems very passionate about the game and about keeping the league interesting and active. That kind of enthusiasm about the league and FMA, I like very much.Therefore, he should have a place on the board too. Don't let me down Kopar :) If one of the new board members decides they don't want the position, I'll reclaim my spot.