Login Create Account
DCI 2014
Stradivarius
Watching Blue Devils show on youtube right now. Holy. *beep*.
12 years later
cire
Spartans? More like.. BLUE DEVILS B!!! :D
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
lol bd b is going to win but I just noticed that Spartans crushed everyone at their show xD
12 years later
cire
http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=0db33fc6-889e-429f-b93f-9cf6862e982c&year=2014

Stradivarius
I saw the scores on facebook lol. The previous show Spartans won because BDB wasn't there :P
12 years later
cire
yeah, funny how that works :P
Stradivarius
Crown just got annihilated
12 years later
cire
they beat scv though... looks like BD is going to take it this year.... how sad :)
Insanity
Reposting from Facebook, so if it isn't entirely accurate, don't shoot the messenger:

Highest regular season score occurred in 1985 a tie at the US Open between Garfield and SCV with a 97.1

So, the question is: Will BD top it?
cire
I believe so.. I think they are scoring the highest ever right now at this point in their history and are still getting better. They need to make sure they don't peak too early.

I was going to say that the only way BD can break the DCI high score is if they start winning all of the captions.. I don't know what bed CC's hornline woke up yesterday, but it was about 4 houses off.
Stradivarius
Your right bd beat crown in brass O.O is this real life????
12 years later
gcurrier
Well I was saying today that our options seem to be blue devils break the world record score as they are so far ahead of everyone right now or they once again blow on undefeated season and end up in third by some weird fluke of peaking early
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
TeamFrenchToast
Scores have just seemed inflated in general this whole season
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
TeamFrenchToast
I'm starting to think Crown cares more about winning the Jim Ott award than winning overall
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
gcurrier
i'm glad tonight blue devils spread with vanguard was a bit more realistic! but they have few flaws no doubt

Stradivarius
BD went doen in brass. Crown would have beat them in that caption had they been there I think... But yah never know.
12 years later
TeamFrenchToast
Crown's brass dropped again tonight, got 3rd overall, and would have been 4th if BD were there. It's a shame to see them struggling to pull things together this season.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
gcurrier
I would just like to point out that Bluecoats must have heard some of the negative nellys on here who said they couldn't get bronze. :-( looks like they might need to settle on silver instead! They were hot on cadets heals tonight!

Stradivarius
I love crown's show so much though. Gah I hate when this happens...
12 years later
gcurrier
As I posted last night, I love it too, that doesn't mean it's not right where it belongs. Look at the corps beating it and their shows. It's a competitive year. Vanguard is doing awesome, bluecoats off the charts, even no bd fans accept that theirs is a great show exceptionally done. Cadets seem to be the only one to debate and while it's one of my least favorite shows, watch the performance. .. come on. ...I mean heck crown even lost fan favorite status this year after years of owning it, it's Ok to love a 5th or 6th place show. I LOVED into the light and the fact that it didn't do well didn't stop me one bit!