Login Create Account
DCI 2014
FastForward
Strad,

Yes, I meant The Empire Statesmen alumni due to the Statesmen folding after DCA Championships in 2013. Maybe you can convince Bruni to un pull the plug & bring the Statemen back to the field as a competitve DCA Corps.

I have not heard anything about The Edge & was just wondering if the project was even still active.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
i had no idea they folded...I dont watch DCA that closely but thats too bad
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Yeah they are gone, and no I am not doing the alumni group. And yeah I have not been in contact with David lately so I have no idea what's going on with the Edge.
12 years later
Drummantx
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
Stradivarius
Dat edited post lol
12 years later
ctxbd
lol wrong account. See below.
Drummantx
Yeah......

Having seen a good portion of Carolina Crown's and Blue Devils shows:

I think they are both strong contender's, Crown has really stepped up their percussion program and the guard is doing some really insane stuff. Brass of course is absolutely incredible as always. Like the visual program more this year, though I'm worried about certain aspects being too much. Blue Devils definitely more accessible this year. Not as ADHD chop and cut style arranging this year, lots of full, luscious, and multiple phrases of music and more dot marching versus their staging approach of the last few years. I've appreciated what BD has done over recent years, like fine wines and cheeses they grow much better with age, but I'm ready to see what they can do with this more approachable shows this year. Worried about the same thing I am with Crown's show, visual clutter because of......certain things. Should both be big crowed pleasers. Feel like it will come down to the wire again, unless someone else surprises me as being a contender. Right now, at these early stages, which will probably mean nothing by August, I see:

GE Music - Draw, think they are both pretty even right now.
GE Visual - Draw, both pretty dirty right now as expected. Though I like Crown's more this year, a lot stronger writing throughout.
Guard - Crown, right now. Didn't see much in BD, but I'm sure they'll be right up there with Crown considering they've won guard every year since 2008......
Brass - Crown, a little more challenging and being achieved at about the same level.
Percussion - Draw, Like I said, Crown REALLY stepping it up here, much more appealing and hefty book this year. Doing a nice job right now.

Overall - Draw, both in their very early stages. Like BD a helluva lot more than last year and Crown a tad more than last year when I saw last years first videos of each. Should be a fun season.
gcurrier
Where did you see the shows? Maybe I've not searched enough lately. I did see a nice phantom teaser the other day but per the norm not much to go on yet.

Drummantx
These are unlisted and sent to me by a friend. I saw the BD one when it was uploaded and didn't share it out of respect of the corps, and I'm doing the same with Crown.
Jhawk
So what shows are everyone going to go to?

I'm planning on going to see a one show this year. I'm either going to go to the July 14th show in Warrensburg MO or the July 15th show in Bentonville AR. This will be the only time I'll get to watch the Corps this summer so I'm torn on which one to go to.

July 14th has:
Blue Devils
Bluecoats
Carolina Crown
Phantom Regiment
Santa Clara Vanguard
The Cadets
The Cavaliers

July 15th has:
Carolina Crown
Blue Stars
Crossmen
Colts
Pioneer
Cascades
Music City
Genesis

July 14th will be a great show kinda like watching part of finals, but July 15th has my old Corps in it. What would you guys choose?
Ivory Brigade
JShuler
Definitely the 14th if I had to choose. That's a great lineup.

I'll be at Opening Night in Indy, Finals, and maybe a few others. I'd like to go to Lexington and maybe Evansville too.
corndogshuffle
Once again there will not be any shows within two hours of my location at any point this summer. I'll either be too far away because I'm in Kentucky, or too far away because I'm in Virginia. There is a show in Lexington, Kentucky just a few miles from my apartment, but of course I'll be in Virginia.

The only show I could reasonably make would be in Chester, Pennsylvania on July 6. There is actually a pretty good line up. Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Spirit of Atlanta, and The Cadets. Unfortunately it's three hours away from my families house and I am teaching the next morning at eight. I might try to make that one despite how inconvenient it is.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Stradivarius
I might go to the Buffalo NY show. Great line-up!
12 years later
Insanity
I'm going to the Lexington show, and going to Finals for the first time ever.
Stradivarius
I went to finals in 2012 with the Empire Statesmen and the Edge! It was awesome. I wish I could go every year but I am just too busy now that I am not in any drum corps at the moment. Next season I am planning to audition for Crown in 2015 though!
12 years later
Jhawk
And you better make it so that we can yell at you when you go on the field. Oh and if you don't make Crown you can always settle for Cadets (burn)
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
Nevaaaaaaaaaaaaah! D: If I don't make Crown the Bluecoats would be my next stop lol
12 years later
gcurrier
I'll see crown, cadets and BLOOO at the Lynn, MA show on July 5th--always cool because fireworks are going off all around you during parts of the show LOL also the Lawrence show prior--other than that really hoping to get to Allentown and hopefully back to finals next year--I am hating this not going to finals stretch I have been in!

Stradivarius
Hopefully I'll be able to be at all the Crown shows in 2015 xD
12 years later
gcurrier
I'll cheer for you