cire
kmarti 99.15 sounded ridiculous at the time too :P

but 7.. SEVEN judges found BD to be perfect tonight
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
cire
http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/2893
corndogshuffle
I fundamentally disagree with the idea that a group could give a "perfect" performance, but I also get that it's just as much about putting BD as far ahead of second as they deserved. BD clearly deserved to win by a more than comfortable margin.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
cire
Not sure which I'm more happy about
- BD winning
- BD beating the high score
- BD finally bringing the Jim Ott award back to where it belongs
- Bluecoats beating Cadets
kmarti6
I am sure 99.15 sounded ridiculous as well but perfect in almost every category? I dont know it just seems a bit too high if you ask me but hey that is just my opinion! I do have to say I laughed when I heard the giant cheer when the cadets were announced in third. Congrats to the Bluecoats as well! they earned that spot this year.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Insanity
It was such a great moment when Brandt Crocker announced Cadets in third and all you heard was Bloooooooooooooo. Well deserved silver for those folks. I had been waiting to see the show all season and it certainly didn't disappoint me.

I'm glad the first finals that I attend is the one where the new high score is set. lol
gcurrier
Well Cire it was pretty obvious from crowd reaction which one they were most happy about lol I don't agree with the new high score but like the majority their could give a crap with that compared to Bluecoats taking silver. Couple people here eating a pretty good size crow right now! EPIC ALL AROUND. Can't believe the season is over.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
TeamFrenchToast
I would argue that a 20 in a caption is not a perfect score in the sense that it is impossible to improve it anymore, but rather a max score used to reflect the spread between the corp scoring the 20 and the rest of the corps.

Ultimately, comparing scores from year to year is pretty pointless (no pun intended). We have no idea how, for example, the 2002 Cavaliers or 2005 Cadets would have scored if they were in the same competition tonight, or how the 2014 DB would have scored if we put them in finals from another year, with different judges, against different competition.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
KStove
I'm couldn't be more proud today as an alumn
bando
Being there live, I honestly thought the scores were fairly accurate. I think Blue Devils outperformed the other groups. I was surprised to see Cadets 3rd, but the tarps at the end were kinda meh, and Bluecoats performed very well.. I was surprised at Crown. They were having a rough time. Two guard drops and a snare player losing a drum? Ouch.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Stradivarius
Woooooooooooow... now that is proof their battery is dieing. lol. get it?
12 years later
gcurrier
Didn't see the snare issue live but saw after. Oops
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
bando
I caught it just as the judge was running to catch up to them. It was pretty impressive.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles