Login Create Account
DCI 2014
gcurrier
If anyone hasn't seen the bluecoats clip from their show. ..um wow!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cire
well thats dumb. of course they wont do it. That would be like saying Strad is going to finish in the top 3 in FMA!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
hahahaha such truth
12 years later
FastForward
Cire,

Just to clarify, I am saying that Bluecoats won't make top Three in the 2014 DCI season.

Anyone that feels theBluecoats will make Top Three is more than willing to take my offer up.

This would mean I will not practice the season following the DCI Championships IF Bluecoats finishes in the Top Three. However, anyone choosing to accept the bet will not practice the season following the DCI Championships IF the Bluecoats finish outside the Top Three.

Hope that helps.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
cjf20
i'll take up that bet, i feel very confident that the bluecoats will place in the top three (i have seen the whole show)
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
cire
3 reasons Bluecoats won't make the top 3.

1. Blue Devils
2. The first loser
3. The second loser
gcurrier
It's useless to debate anything illogical especially when people can't even look up basic RECENT drum corps history. I'm not even saying it WILL happen, hell I've only seen 40 seconds of it lol but to say oh it can't happen when it did in JUST 2010 or because of two undisclosed "loser corps".. that's not a debate, it's not even a conversation! And some people really make it hard for others to support the corps they do. Saturday I thought hey I'd be happy with a BD win, now I'm back to I hope they lose AGAIN! good thing I won't hold a grudge against the actual corps! There is enough useless drivel on DCPI forums, can't we have real conversations on the activity here?

cire
I'm just trolling :P

I've been pretty happy with Cadets winning (thought I'd never say that) I think it will be interesting once everyone meets up for the first time
FastForward
gcurrier,

I realize that corps have made top 3 before from a previous season's lower placement. I am actually going to see the DCI Cinema event tonight. So, I will be able to get a better idea of where the Bluecoats show will place.

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
corndogshuffle
I don't think the Bluecoats will finish top three - but I think that will have more to do with Crown, Cadets, and Blue Devils (haven't seen them but I'll consider them top three until I have a reason not to) than it will with how the Bluecoats perform. They impressed me tonight.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
Man what a great show tonight. Those top three really had me. I knew cadets had it but honestly thought bluecoats had crown. I think BD and Cadets might be hard to get for anyone now that I've seen them all but I could see crown being up ended more than once by blooo. At end of season? Who knows but regardless, what awesome shows we have!

FastForward
I would say that currently Cadets & Crown will finish ahead of the Bluecoats. I haven't seen Blue Devils yet so I can't say how they compare to the Top Three or Four corps. However, I still stick by my statement that Bluecoats will NOT be a top Three medal finisher in 2014.

The Bluecoats show was very well performed by the members but I didn't see a design element that would make them a top Three DCI corps.

So far, only cjf20 has taken me up on my offer. gcurrier let me know if you are in or out & anyone else. The window for joining the "Bluecoats 2014 Top Three Placement" offer will be end of Day on July 1, 2014.

This is known as the Cire rule ... because knowing Cire he might wait until either just before or just after the season ending show placements in Indy before jumping on the Bluecoats Corps "Band" wagon ... LOL !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
gcurrier2
i have no dog in the fight whether or not bluecoats get 3rd 2nd 1st or 15th! and they have nothing to do with me going for another title or you your first...My only point was you said it wasnt possible--it still very much is--but at least now you have LEGIT reasons why YOU think it wont happen--I appreciate that more than that you looked into the magical drum corps crystal ball of imagination and pulled out a "dci rule" that only allows certain corps to go over 5th place...the onyl thrill you and I will have at the end of the season will be one of us saying to the other "I told you so..." I am still not ready to say it will or wont happen--its not even July..I see cadets, crown and bluecoats live two weekends in a row coming up...i may feel more full of conviction after that
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
Drummantx
I couldn't give a #### where Bluecoats, finish, that show is INCREDIBLE! I haven't felt like that watching a show in a long time. It certainly has top 3 potential, if they layer and clean I think they have a shot.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
gcurrier
I loved it too man. I want a loud ending though. I want them to turn one more time at end and just blow me out of my seat, but they had me more glued to the screen than anyone

cire
Is it possible? Sure... I mean Phantom won twice... Crown won after coming from Div 2.. so sure, anything is possible.

Likely? Probably not.. but I do hope they beat Crown!

Fast, I've never been much of a BC fan.. but I'm all for them beating Crown lol. Band wagon? Nope, probably never.
FastForward
I would not be upset if Bluecoats place in the top Three .. I just don't see the other top contenders not cleaning & layering their shows as well ... It could be a very closely contested 2014 DCI season ... We will see !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
gcurrier
It's kind of fun Cire because the show almost has a BD type feel with still a Bluecoats tilt (see start I did there). Your just overly biased lol the very cool section even reminded me of a trick phenomenon of cool which got a similar crowd reaction. It's ok for other corps to be good and have good shows, you'll be OK lol its not like I think bluecoats will upset your exalted ones.

ASCoasters
I got to see Bluecoats in the lot at Fairfield earlier, they're pretty sick. Drums are super clean and actually have a pretty challenging book this year. I can't really judge winds because I've never played a wind instrument and I know nothing about them but they were insanely powerful and into it, like they were just flowing with the music instead of sticking to one certain tempo all the time (which I felt was a good thing). If you guys haven't seen them in person yet, definitely find a place to go and watch them because it's really something awesome.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch anybody else because the competition was cancelled, I didn't get there until shortly after Bloo started in the lot and then I never found out where Cadets were practicing at.
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
gcurrier
Hopefully you couldn't judge winds because there weren't any! Lol

What a bummer another show was canceled! Such a let down and sometimes an expensive one