Login Create Account
DCI 2014
cire
since 2007? I think you mean since 1976

Something I found interesting - and also a little not fair.

Look at most of the drum corps around and their staff bio.. then compare it with BD's staff.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Zarathrustra
What blows me away about BD is that I'm not a fan by any stretch and I still find them incredible. I haven't liked a show they've done since 2006 (as far as theme goes) but they're still the only corps that leaves me mouth agape every time I watch them perform. As I've said though, I'm an SCV fan through and through so I want them to win and SOON! Fiedler knows how to put a corps and staff together and he'll no doubt have them taking home medals within a year or 2. Being completely honest, I was hoping that they'd at least take Bronze this last year simply because of their theme. But after watching finals, their placement makes sense. If only we could get them to do Phantom again!
I am the one who knocks!
cire
Don't do something again unless you can win with it!

What blows ME away is that I marched BD, love BD, diehard BD fan, and I still haven't like many shows since the turn of the century.. and liked even less of the 2nd half of their shows.

I hear they are doing some awesome music this year, so we will see. Looks like a lot of props though still =/

I miss 90s drum corps.
Stradivarius
I watch the 90s bd all the time. That and DCA from like 1995-2000. now THAT is the shiz
12 years later
Stradivarius
Mostly just empire statesmen and brigadiers in DCA
12 years later
Jhawk
When it comes to DCA I would have loved to march Minnesota Brass.
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
lol statesmen is where I would stay if they hadn't folded this past summer. I marched 2011-2013. The most fun I would ever have. less rehearsal time but we still were in the top 5 every year except 2012 because we had A LOT less rehearsing if yah know what I mean. Like 2011 was awesome. I don't think I could march any of the other top corps. I miss statesmen too much. I would rather go do White Sabres lol. They are free and won Class A last season.
12 years later
cire
we partied with white sabres one year at DCA
Stradivarius
Lol they are pretty good at that
12 years later
Scatfish
Love watching Statesmen, can't beat a bit of Joey Pero having steam coming the end of his horn!
Stradivarius
Haha joey is ridiculously good. I got to know him as a personnal friend and mentor. He is honestly a great guy lol
12 years later
MrsRomo
Thoughts on any instrumentation....and go!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
cire
the only ones that matter are the ones played in G
Jhawk
BBflat is where its at.
Ivory Brigade
Gamertooth17
Now, the only difference between corps and bands is woodwinds..
cire
not for long....
kmarti6
Actually did you hear the latest rumor? I am positing about it in another thread pretty quickly.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
ctxbd
Blue Stars show sounds very cool, percussion is sure to be absolutely killer again. Was nice to see my favorite corps back in finals again last year, hope they keep moving up.

As far as the new rule goes.....can't say I'm a fan but I'll wait to pass my judgment on it until I actually see it utilized and not making assumptions early on before it is even seen.
JShuler
Is anybody here going to be at the DCI Opening Night in Indy?
Stradivarius
I wouldn't possibly be able to go all the way out to Indianapolis but I am going to the Buffalo show! It is a tour of champions event so all my favorite corps are going to be there! :D
12 years later