Login Create Account
DCI 2014
ASCoasters
Woops, I guess that shows my knowledge of anything outside of percussion XD I though winds were just the blowing instruments and woodwinds were (obviously) the ones DCI doesnt have
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
cire
gcurrier, I love it when other corps have good shows.. but most of them put me to sleep. Even BD at times.

In 96 SCV put me to sleep almost every time.. that show was soooo long and boring. Then BD would come on after and wake me up on their first note of the show. No mics required!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
gcurrier
So what's a good show to you
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cire
too many to choose from... before Bb

I personally love the in your face drum corps.. the kind you can listen to in the car, or watch a video.. one that you can enjoy without having to read some crazy description about what the show is.. or one that you don't need the members narrating the show for you. It would be a show that you can show a non drum corps person and they won't get bored or wonder wtf is going on.
gcurrier
Like dada? Lmao well I personally don't know how bluecoats don't blow that requirement out of the water this year. However I have to say I agree with you overall. When introducing my friend to drum corps she said I like when the show just makes sense...I think that summed up a lot of my feelings too. It just needs to click and fit. I guess I like some kind of emotion too. Not necessarily from a story but can be like you say because they just blew me out of my seat! I assure you that gets me emotional lol I for one though need both still. At times, going way back, star in 93 did that, but for me especially compared to their other shows it was so BORING and just didn't click for me so I never got into it and to this day people act like that was the ideal in drum corps shows. I do like the passionate shows off phantom I know you hate because I do hum it in my car, easily understood what they are trying to say and just enjoy the experience but I equally enjoy a show that's just straight up in your face drum corps with not much story to worry about like winged victory for example. It's all these abstract super artsy shows like animal farm that while I respect, I have a really hard time really digging it.

gcurrier
Btw anyone remember that guy norm? Had a shirt for every corps and changed it as they came on the field? He is my hero because I think that's what the activity is all about. Supporting youth and the crazy good things they are doing. I have my favorites but I really like all the corps especially when they have a great show (though cavies and I had a divorce and rocky relationship for awhile, I think we are getting back together).

cjf20
actually i followed bostons show pretty well and it was amazing for this early in the season.
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
gcurrier
I thought it was performed well (and I noticed they started off higher scores than last year) but its still pretty complex --maybe live this weekend I will feel it more

i do have to say some of the TIGHT marching blocks were INCREDIBLE!!!

ctxbd
Drummantx
I showed a non drum corps friend Bluecoats show this year, blew them away with how cool it was. It's one of those shows. Their show this year epitomizes modern drum corps, electronics usage, prop integration, color scheme, arranging, theme portrayal, all while being HUGELY crowd accessible. This is the show of the year, regardless of if it wins, the best show design in the early season I have seen since I started following the activity. I can highly bet I'll enjoy this show over whatever wins it, that's what it's all about, I could care less who wins any given year, it's about who hits you in the heart, and they're doing that this year to me and many other people. If it wins, medals, that's awesome, but I'm not gonna be a bandwagon fan because they won. I'm on board now. If it gets passed by and ends up 7th place, who cares, it hit me where it matters.

That's all in my opinion.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
Jhawk
It's kinda sad that most of my favorite shows were shows before I was born or was really young for. The first corps I heard of was Guardsmen and I grew up listening to the Corps of the 80s so I am a bit bias towards the raw sound that they could produce.
Ivory Brigade
FastForward
I will be at the Madison Scouts show this weekend ... The following Corps will perform:

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
Colts - Dubuque, IA
Troopers - Casper, WY
Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI
Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
Racine Scouts - Racine, WI
Kilties - Racine, WI
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
I'll be in Lawrence Sunday and what a show! Several alumni and open class corps including spartans, plus spirit, the bluecoats crown rematch and Cadets!

cire
How were the shows?
gcurrier
So my show was fantastic! I'll try to write more later but bluecoats were robbed in my opinion but the judging was visually heavy. The crowd really lit up for them! Cadets have a great goosebumps moments patriotic show. Will be perfect next weekend. Performed so well, though man I see why bluecoats are getting them in percussion, I feel like brass is right there too. Crown felt off a bit to me tonight but scores sure don't reflect that. It's a great show with some awesome moments. I still think though it felt off that it will contend come finals. Boston should not be so close to spirit. The hometown crowd did seem confused as is not typically boston show but visually and guard wise I love it. Hottest guard again this year lol damn! Though they have lots of cleaning to do. Spirit talk about change in direction. At times very pretty and love the closer flags but just didn't grab me. More later

gcurrier
repeat of show this weekend in Lynn--ill try to get a better update!

cjf20
I watched PC's show and oh mah gosh the guard is really dirty even for this early in the season.
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
gcurrier2
Interesting.... bluecoats beat crown and are .4 off cadets putting them currently in bronze position. Can't wait for tomorrow night!
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
JShuler
Man, I really hope they can pass Cadets! I can't wait for the first meeting between The Cadets, Crown, Coats, BD,SCV, AND surprisingly enough, Cavies. They may be able to put some pressure on Vanguard. They've been surging along with Bluecoats. This is just Bluecoats' year. I don't see them being below 3rd. I would be shocked if they didn't medal.
gcurrier
what do you think fastforward and cire?