Login Create Account
CLASS new
ASCoasters
Division 3 will always be an easy one to place finals in, especially if you just hit all of your rehearsals. I got 7th or something in my first full season with no problem. D2 is another story though, how I'm in 10th right now for my first time in it is amazing because my other groups were in 20th when they started in D2.
Go here to check out spreadsheet of stats for each of my groups!

https://goo.gl/zgFLmJ
Stradivarius
Maybe it should keep the same system, but set the standards higher? Make it harder for d3 groups to get into d2, and d2 to get into d1. Know what I mean?
12 years later
gcurrier
You miss understood my comparison because I WAS in exactly the same boat. I said my b groups and pointed out Onachus in marching band which only started a few seasons ago completely fresh, completely new, no high staff levels no money, no nothing. I'm not talking about Nemesis of course at this point that group would destroy a new corps. Check out Gcurrier2. Everything but drum corps just started like five seasons ago yet had instant success. Why? PURE PRACTICE not staff. Leviathan also was started to prove that someone new COULD have success unlike many were saying. So comparing you to Onachus is COMPLETELY fair and a level playing field.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FinalFantasy
I don't agree. I looked at the first season that Onachus was in division 2. You can't compare who you went up against to who I must compete against. Have you NOT seen who is in division 2 this season? :) I doubt that any of your competitors in season 33 were as strong as the competitors now in division 2. 2nd place in season 33 scored an 83.205 at finals. That's low for division 2. People in division 2 now are already scoring in in the low 70's before the end of week 1. They'll be in the 80's in a week or week 1/2. It won't surprise me to see scores in the 90's by finals. Let's not pretend that I have a chance to win against these powerhouses. It's difficult to dismiss that the divisions weren't assigned very well this season.
gcurrier
I said early on the only difference might be who your against--but those powerhouses--the top 12 your up against currently only has a hand full of medals themselves. Sitting out the first week and not practicing CANT have helped you in any way shape or form. you still can only impact your score at the end of the day--i went from 58.1-89.3 and I was way out powered right away--one corps who beat me first show that season came in 14th by finals. Can you win? maybe not, but can you make a ridiculous climb up the ladder--heck ya you can. you still underestimate the power of practice...if any of those guys get busy, stop practicing or any number of things that often happen---suddenly you climb fast--i was up against the defending division 2 champ---but he basically dropped out midway through so what difference does it make, you don't know same thing wont happen. The current leader has moved a whole point in the first week---that wasn't from practicing every six hours---the highest gain I have seen in a whole season for him is 4 points...its hard to go from extremely casual play to remember to go in every 6 hours--so i highly doubt he will medal this season himself.

FinalFantasy
Actually I was campaigning through the preseason and rehearsing to keep my energy from capping, because I needed money to host events. I was poor after season 36, because I made the rookie mistake of spending my start up money on staff.

Even though I still strongly feel as if I don't belong in division 2, I refuse to not try. I'm not a quitter. (I'm stubborn like that lol). I appreciate the encouragement and the discussion.
TrumpetVinny
Looking like a good back and forth between Bloo and I this season. As long as I remember to rehearse :P
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
KStove
Pretty sure the reason you passed me today is because I missed 4 or 5 hours this morning, so.....yeah, it'll be the same for me haha
TrumpetVinny
I keep missing a couple hours every day because I keep sleeping for 8 hours.
gcurrier
Keep missing those practices and don't bother to look in the rear view mirror! K thanks lol

KStove
I have that problem sometimes too Vinny. Darn those healthy life choice......

And hey, gcurrier, don't worry, you're always the one to keep an eye on haha.
Stradivarius
Cire has been really lax on rehearsing this season lol. .4 gains? lol what?
12 years later
gcurrier
Probably busy with marching band

KStove
I've probably already missed about four times as many rehearsal hours this season as I did the season I won.
Stradivarius
Again, I have missed a ton because I have been playing League of Legends xD
12 years later
gcurrier
I guess your lucky KStove that this season everyone is in a similiar boat LOL I just cant seem to get fully back in the habit after being so lax last season--but its starting to get better!!!

Jhawk
You know FinalFantasy you are looking really good for making finals. It just goes to show that if you have dedicated practice in Div. 2 you can still do it despite starting on a lower score.

I'm just trying to beat my highest score in Div. 2 see if I can move into the top 5 all time scores. If I keep my current pace then I should make it.
Ivory Brigade
FinalFantasy
Yeah, I never disputed the effects of dedicated practice. Of course, rehearsing regularly is a necessary factor. If your and my groups were equal, I might have a shot at a medal, not just have a shot at making division 2 finals ;)
TrumpetVinny
I just lost almost an entire day due to the UCLA-Memphis game. Game over.
Stradivarius
Was it worth it? lol
12 years later