Login Create Account
FLAG Forum
MrsRomo
I don't really pay attention to college football outside of my alma mater. I'll be curious to see how the playoffs go this season.

In FLAG news, we've had a couple of guards join us so far this season! Welcome to the McQueen School of Color and the Red Skys GC! We are excited to have you this season! :)

Also, we had our opening ceremonies tonight out in Las Vegas. There was a great turn out with 25 color guards competing. In Division 3, the Hawks and the Glam Esgles battled it out for bronze and silver, respectively. There was an .8 point spread between those two groups. Our D3 gold medalist in the opening ceremonies was the Poteet Somalian Pirates with a score of 54.49. Division 2 saw Illumination in third place; the Tossing Pantherettes in second and the Underwater Color Guard winning the division with a score of 75.515. Finally, in division 1, we had the Veelas placing 3rd, Robinsion Secondary School Indoor Guard earning second and The Knight Guard in first with a score of 87.130.

It looks like it is going to be another impression season for the Finest League of Acclaimed Guards! For a full recap of the opening ceremony scores visit http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/34536
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
ThomasIsBass3
Hey FLAG, the Underwater Color Guard is baaack. ;-)
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
echstrumpet8
Spin and Rinse was promoted to division 1 this offseason, and opening ceremonies was our first event in FMA's premiere division.

As you can tell, this season will be a rough one.

Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
echstrumpet8
The FLAG Opening Ceremonies in Las Vegas was a major success! 25 groups attracted 3,163 fans to the Thomas & Mack Center, blowing our former opener's attendance record out of the water.
Bailey Knight
ThomasIsBass3
Daaang. Big showing. And congrats Bailey on the promotion to the big league! Good luck up there!!
BASSic Productions:
echstrumpet8
With the demotion glitch alive and well, Division 1 might be the safest place to be!
Bailey Knight
ThomasIsBass3
So true.... I was hoping to medal in D2 this season. Thennnnnn gcurrier and ibex happened.... Silver and bronze sound good! lol
BASSic Productions:
MrsRomo
That really sucks for the division 2 groups who are working hard to medal. I feel like it wouldn't be that difficult to bump the director level up to 200 or something, to prevent the director level glitches.... But I don't really know anything about programming lol
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
Welcome to the Finest League of Acclaimed a Guards, Dreams! We wish you all the success in the world and look forward to competing with you!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
ThomasIsBass3
Woo hoo!
BASSic Productions:
ThomasIsBass3
I have a feeling that me and Pandemonium NZ are in for a little battle on the top of D2 color guard...
BASSic Productions:
Kiwidrummer
Underwater is def in form right now. We are really a Div I guard, but due to a management oversight, we ended up in DII. If only I could rehearse on a consistent basis. Haven't been too serious this season, but will get better as we go. So hot down here today. 30c, which is approx 86f. Love the New Zealand summers.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
ThomasIsBass3
I'm working it hard, so when you jumped 1.1, I got scared! And yeah, all of your other NZ groups are in D1. That's frustrating...

I wish I could be in New Zealand in the summer! It's winter here in Oklahoma, even though it's 55-65 °F as highs.
BASSic Productions:
Kiwidrummer
I actually hit it every 6 hours yesterday, thus the score jump. My MB is DII this season.

Jim Helsel
ThomasIsBass3
That's pretty good. And that's right!
BASSic Productions:
Kiwidrummer
Underwater Color Guard and Pandemonium NZ, .1 difference. The gap is closing. The gloves are coming off! Gonna be a tight finish. Keep up the good work

Jim Helsel
ThomasIsBass3
This finals schedule is killing my rehearsal... But here comes the home stretch! Good luck!
BASSic Productions:
MrsRomo
I feel us on the rehearsal being bad. I have been slammed at work and hardly have any time to catch 2 minutes to do a quick rehearsal. I don't anticipate work slowing down until the end of January. This is peak season in the shipping business lol
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
Hey FLAG!

I had a member message me with a request for the locations for our contests next season. They thought it would be cool to do a Star Wars/Star Trek type theme and have our contests on the various planets/cities etc in those worlds.

Any thoughts or comments/suggestions on this? I haven't seen Star Wars and only watched a couple of episodes of Star Trek when I was a little girl, so I would need some input on what locations to use! Let me know what you all think!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
ThomasIsBass3
Corusant, Cloud City, Vulcan, Rigel 5? Those are a few from me. Lol
San Francisco would be a good place for finals though...
BASSic Productions: