Login Create Account
DCI 2014
KingDarius
So who do you guys think is going to be on top for world class and open class?
Southern Brass Drum and Bugle Corps
Antioch High School Band
Silken Angels
Rimshot Central
JShuler
I really think that this year will be pretty similar to last for World Class. I think that Crown and Blue Devils will be duking it out all season. For some strange reason though, I have something telling me that both SCV AND Bluecoats will be ahead of The Cadets and Phantom. I really think within the next 3-5 years, Bluecoats have the ability to join the elite of BD, Crown, SCV, Cadets, and Phantom. They have been there the last few years. They just don't get the hype that the rest do.

I wonder if cire will make any bets this year that I can win again.
Insanity
I really wish that Phantom would make a push back up to the top, but we all know what that's going to take...
KingDarius
Yeah, I thought the same thing about BD and Crown. Bluecoats are so underrated they're amazing. I really wish I knew about dci in 2008 but I was like 9 so yeah... Really wish I could've seen Spartacus. I love Phantom but yeah it's going to take a lot for them to come back up and beat everyone same thing for the Cavies and SCV. I really want to see the Cavies to move up even though they're not one of my favorites.
Antioch High School Band
Silken Angels
Rimshot Central
gcurrier
Bluecoats are doing a bit of a staff overall so i doubt next year, but they certainly are serious about taking the next step---Cavies also making some changes so they will turn it back around. I thought i heard somewhere that vanguard had few age outs and you know its only a matter of time before jeff f gets them on top so if i were betting on anyone breaking those top 3, its vanguard. id love to see a champion swan lake but idk that we will....
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
ps Spartacus was unreal--i believe the debuted the drum major kill at Allentown and the crowd went COMPLETELY NUTS!

Stradivarius
I am not marching 2014 but 2015 should be my rookie season hopefully!!! Crown all the way!
12 years later
KingDarius
Cool Stradivarius
Antioch High School Band
Silken Angels
Rimshot Central
JShuler
That's cool Strad! I would love to march Crown, or about andy DCI World Class corps for that matter. Unfortunately there are no corps too close to me, and I have a feeling I will be your typical poor college student, so I won't be able to afford it. Blue Stars is pretty close to me since I live in southern Indiana. I'm pretty sure they rehearse in Bloomington a lot. My ideal corps to march would be Phantom.
cire
i was at Finals when Phantom won. The ending was pretty crazy - well the audience reaction was. Everything before the ending was eh..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
gcurrier
well if it were BD of course it would have been a different story LOL

KingDarius
Yeah I can't stand it when people say they hate BD when they don't even have a good reason for it
Antioch High School Band
Silken Angels
Rimshot Central
cire
not really gcurrier.. the first half of BDs show that year was amazing. the 2nd half, not so much. It's been like that way for a long time now.. it's like the staff spends so much time making their show perfect and have a great first half and then have to throw something together really fast to end it because they run out of time.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
gcurrier
the same in reverse is bad too-- *sticking my tongue out at cire*

I think no corps gets the touch from the hand of God...i don't dislike any corps--i dislike certain shows/styles and I have my reasons. It sometimes gets very heated when you question an idea, concept or show. We all have our preferences which is why its great there is a wide diversity in drum corps like life. I cant think of a corps that I cant think of 3 or 4 shows I loved and 3 or 4 I cant STAND. I actually lost a friendship because I don't care for certain visual techniques (apparently I am ignorant and uneducated and know nothing about visual theater so he could no longer be friends with me) . The fact is at the top 12 level you have great staff and incredible performers--top 6 or 3 its even more intensified. Do I have my favorites, its hard not to when certain corps deliver what you want time and time again, but at the end of the day--I just want to enjoy an incredible show 12-35 of them if I can!

Zarathrustra
I might be a bit biased in saying this, but I think Vanguard has a good shot. Probably not of taking the gold. BD and Cadets are the 2 most consistently outstanding corps out there. But they have a shot at medaling. Crown's show last year was incredible. I don't like Crown, at all. But after watching all of the videos of their 2013 finals performance, it's one of the most difficult shows I've ever seen and it was executed beautifully. That being said, Crown has a lot to live up to now and bandwagoners will probably be shifting their love to Bluecoats. Crown might (I hope they don't) go the route of Phantom and tank this year or stay in the top 5, but Vanguard should be medaling this year.

I'd also like to add that I hope Cavies gets it in gear this year. But not enough to get them ahead of Vanguard ;p

PS. I'm a huge Vanguard fan so this statement contains plenty of bias.
I am the one who knocks!
Zarathrustra
And since Vanguard is my favorite World Class corps, you know I'm pulling for SCVC to take Open!
I am the one who knocks!
Stradivarius
Lol I love coats and crown so as long as those two do well, I'm pretty happy. I love bd's unis but their shows tend to bore me. I'd like to see bd get more entertaining so I can add them to my favorite corps list, but not happening lately.vanguard doing les mis made me start tl loventhem as well lol. I guess this just means I just love the entire drum corps activity in general.mimhave started liking like every top 8 corps out there
12 years later
Jhawk
Am I the only person that truly hates the Cadets? I've hated them since their Door show back in I think 2005.

Ivory Brigade
LuckyNumber7
I don't hate the Cadets, but I've never really been able to like them either. Even Angels and Demons had its moments where I was like, yep, this is the Cadets again. Their show last year had some great musical moments, though.
Stradivarius
I hated their Christmas show.
12 years later