Login Create Account
Chat Room 3.0
Kiowa
yup.....
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Kiowa
aye you all, question, trying to get a ps3 or xbox one for my little brother (who has autism) anyways, for the ps3, does it play dvds, blu ray, and older consle games?

for the xbox, does it use the 360 kinect, play 360 games and dvds.

my final question is which is better he has a 360 and ps3 lol but he refuses to tell me which is better lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
MrsRomo
PS3 plays DVDs (including bluray), but won't play PS1 or PS2 games.

I don't know much about the Xbox1 so I can't help you there. My brother has a 360 and my roommate has a ps3. I like the play station better cause you can play online without a membership.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Nakoda
i totally meant ps4 lol so much nintendo things hard to keep track and he is only 13 so he's not allowed internet anything unless its for school so im not worried about the online stuff
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Kiowa
lol im just totally trying to make up for my dog killing his bunny
#LosLynx

corndogshuffle
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Insanity
That's when you buy a new bunny and say that it's his (or her) bunny cousin. lol
MrsRomo
haha oh i don't know anything about the ps4!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
gcurrier
when i was little the neighbors dog killed my bunny so my older sister said she would share hers (what a great sis). so i fell asleep on the floor with him watching tv that night--only his was a permanent sleep...no more bunnies after that lol
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiowa
i already did that insanity he's to smart and he said he forgave little ollie and I but I still feel guilty lol so back to your opinions on ps4 and xbox one I need to make a decision by friday i have a friend holding one of each til i make my decision
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
ps4. Hands down. I am extremely biased toward play station lol I truly think after the xbox 1 being crap play station is better
12 years later
Insanity
I've always been a fan of the Playstation controllers since they're not as bulky.
ajh18
The real answer to your question Kiowa is yet another question. Do you plan on putting it is a place where everyone can use it? The Xbox one controls your entire home entertainment system as well as plays game, the PS4 is still a gaming system that does play DVD's. If it is just for him and not for the family get the PS4 if the whole family is going to use it then maybe the Xbox but the Kinnect is an integral part and is used to control pretty much everything but you will have controllers for the games as well as the Kinnect. So yeah there it is, I work at a game store so its safe to say I have been asked this question once or twice...or 3 maybe 4 times...or everyday!
Empire Statesmen 2012 and 2013
Drum Corps: Ferocity-MAoMA
Marching Band: SMH Lancers-ISMA
Kiowa
lol thanks ajh and everyone else you've been helpful
#LosLynx

SpartanS63
I recently purchased an Xbox One because I had an Xbox 360 with an Xbox Live account. It made more sense for me to "double down" on Microsoft and buy their next-gen console than jump ship to Sony and their PS4 at this time.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One break backwards compatibility. This is expected because the Xbox 360 and PS3 used a PowerPC and Cell microprocessor architecture respectively. The new consoles use the traditional x86_64 architecture found in your regular PC which means games that target the older architectures no longer work on the new consoles. Both companies have talked about ways to bring backwards compatibility to the table later but something concrete has yet to surface.

The PS4 has the advantage in hardware because it's slightly more powerful than the Xbox One, but the software lacks the features the Xbox One has. The Xbox One is definitely geared more towards the all-in-one entertainments suite, including hardcore video games. The Kinect is a big selling point for me as it comes with the Xbox One whereas with the PS4 you have to buy their motion controller, but it's sub-par in comparison to the Kinect. In my experience controlling the Xbox One with the Kinect, it's very smooth and it's come a long way since the Xbox 360's Kinect sensor. The voice command control is also quite nice.

I would personally recommend the Xbox One because of all the features it packs in and the quality of games it will play. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: Also, both consoles play Blu-ray discs now. It's quite nice actually.
Kiowa
I got the xbox one this morning lol apparently my dad is getting him a ps4...spoiled swear
#LosLynx

ajh18
Ok well I'll give you my address and you can just send me the Xbox one see it all works out... :-)
Empire Statesmen 2012 and 2013
Drum Corps: Ferocity-MAoMA
Marching Band: SMH Lancers-ISMA
Kiowa
lol
#LosLynx

Kiowa
so this whole duck dynasty star thing lol it just makes me mad i've met the cast of the show last yr and i'm a fan of it and all these people who are lgbt activists are saying he's wrong when they do the same thing he did, stand up for what he believes
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
My mom loves that show lol
12 years later