Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
Kiwidrummer
No worries Aaron, part of why I am here. I actually enjoy doing the write-ups. this season will be interesting. I do agree, while it is early for serious predictions, I think we may sit well based on past seasons, provided as you said, that directors maintain a consistent rehearsal schedule. I mean, look at Northern Lights and Patriots. They are ranked about where Aftershock NZ was after first show last season, and we moved up to 24th by season's end, and this was with missing about 5 or so days of rehearsal through the season. The site crash is a factor that will make things interseting. While everyone suffered the same during the outtage, it makes a difference as to how much energy you had when it went down and and how many hours were between when the site came back online and when a director came back on. When I came back on, the site had been up for at least 7 hours, so I know that is time I lost that another group may not have lost. Potentially, I think this really only amounts to about .3 to .4 points lost.

We have a lot of potential through all divisions, with DII looking promising, as well as DIII. Division I has the potential to have a large number of corps finish with a score close to the 90 mark, if not past it.

I am curious to see what Aftershock NZ's first score will be. Our first show is our own Season Kickoff. Then I will see the difference between campaigning and not. Should be very interesting.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kiwidrummer
The much anticipated FAME Season Kickoff is just under way. Beautiful Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego is host for this prestigious event.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Qualcomm_Stadium.jpg.

FAME has a full field of 15 corps performing, including 3 DI, 10 DII, and 2 DIII corps.

Division I powerhouses Arsenal D&BC, Dark Knights, and Aftershock NZ headline the show. While Dark Knights and Arsenal each have a show under their belts, this will be Aftershock NZ's debut show for season 40.

Division II will see bluecoats, The Panthers, and Shadowcoats battling for supremacy, while division III has Saboteurs and Eagle Corps going head to head for the first time this season. Saboteurs are looking to regain their #1 ranking in FMA. Can they do it, or will Eagle Corps topple them? Both are currently ranked in the top 12 and are perenial finalists.

Best wishes to all corps in tonight's opener, and to all FAME corps who are competing elsewhere across the circuit tonight.

Jim Helsel
rhythmicthinking
Neat stadium. I can just imagine the corps lined up in the lots nearby.
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
Kiwidrummer2
Haha Rhythmic, so can I. Almost makes me wanna be in the lot watching the drumlines warm up, but gotta watch the show. Hope Arsenal likes the acoustic here.

alxmm98
Hey Jim you left out Thunderbirds lol they're the ones that won. I gotta say their show is looking nice this season.
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Kiwidrummer
Thanks Alex. I saw that after scores were announced. Don't know how I missed them, but my apologies. Hopefully won't happen again as I get more used to the corps and their names.

Jim Helsel
rhythmicthinking
Happy New Years to FAME!
alxmm98
If anyone is interested in reading it, I posted a write up on a drumline event I hosted. I like writing and this is the first time ive done something like this, so please feel free to tell me what you think. Thanks everybody, and Happy New Year!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
jaewoopepper
Hi can someone help me with the schedule page? I see a lot of "apply" buttons that are shaded so that I can't apply, but I haven't applied for any other competition that day. Why is this?
rhythmicthinking
jaewoo, I'm assuming you're looking at other leagues' events. They show up but are shaded in grey because you're not a member of that league. If it has "Hosted by [insert league here]" instead of a ensemble name, then that's a league-exclusive event.

So, naturally, you can't join CLASS or MAoMA or any other league's exclusive competitions. They show up but they're greyed out. At the same time, non-FAME members cant join FAME competitions.
jaewoopepper
oh got it thanks!
Kiwidrummer
Very nice stadium for our end of week event. Rice Stadium in Salt Lake City is no stranger to the marching arts either.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2013/06/18/0ap2000000213199/10-tie-rice-eccles-stadium-utah_pg_600.jpg?01AD=3MFdXEXGLbRnpEVdywfnVWlMLW1lgQj9B0_dBzSh3qyyuZIEmx1EJ9A&01RI=10E2F8E4847DADE&01NA=na.

Best wishes to all FAME drum corps in competition tonight. Look for a full recap of FAME Season 40 Week 1.

Jim Helsel
alxmm98
Beautiful venue
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Kiwidrummer
Hey, here at FAME we think our family deserves the best.

Jim Helsel
alxmm98
Lol ik its not the best place, but u guys think we can hold one at Sun Life Stadium in Miami next season? Im from Miami and itd be awesome. Weathers beautiful all the time lol
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
rhythmicthinking
About to break 70 here. :^)
Aaron0316
If anyone wants Fame to host an event at a particular stadium, please post the stadium name and city here or PM me :)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Chapstick
I want a competition in the middle of the atlantic please
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato
sbales
lol on a cruise ship? that could be interesting
Kiwidrummer
Cruise ship or on an aircraft carrier like they have the NBA game in San Diego.

Jim Helsel