Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
CTrain
That's a lot of standers, good thing it's a big stadium. Let the games begin!
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
alxmm98
Ladies and gentlemen, we are LIVE from Olympic Stadium in Athens, Greece for the FAME Season 59 Kickoff! For the first time since the 2004 Olympic Games, the iconic stadium will hold a major event after wide demand from the Greek people.

After a flurry of cheating accusations and Corps fraud over the past few days, FAME is relieved to get back to music and entertaining its many fans. This competition is going to kickoff a worldwide tour that will spread all across the globe.

A very big corps to watch is going to be the Vanguard Knights. After their legendary Season 58 performance, "The Dark Side", the innovative corps is back with yet another intriguing show, "The Bright Side". Featuring the music of Robert W. Smith, the show is sure to put fans on their feet and be an amazing follow up to a very powerful performance. Is this corps all hype, or can they recapture D2 glory and win it all for FAME? I'm betting on the latter, as this corps is quickly rising up the FMA leaderboards. Expect big things out of Vanguard tonight and this season.

Madison Sound has a bit of a rivalry going on with the Vanguard Knights. It is quite clear that this league battle is going to rage on throughout the entire season. Just a season ago, Madison placed second, only behind their fellow league mates in an FMA Finals to remember. Now the corps is back and ready to rock with their production, "Madisonic". The show is a clear statement from the corps; "we are the best, and our sound is unmatched." The show will feature originally written music by the staff, and the use of pit equipment to mimic jet engines will surely make their performance seem more like a Seattle Supersonics pregame show.

Just behind Madison Sound, two other up and coming drum corps made a lot of noise last season. The Marauders got third in an amazing performance, and the Kingsmen of Seattle got fourth. Both corps looking to dominate once again and set the league on fire. The Marauders plan on entrancing the crowd with their opera style show, "Epic Journey". The show features all original music from the corps staff, and the amount of work put in by the marchers is quite evident. Fans should expect a very powerful and bombastic performance, and by the end of the music, the entire stadium will erupt in unison applause.
The Kingsmen, now branded Evergreen State Huskies, also have a giant treat for their fans. A whole new staff and corps will be taking the field, after Director Tyler Brown became dissatisfied with the lack of discipline his corps displayed in the past. He has his eyes set on a bigger prize this season, and with the show "Insanity", he hopes to examine a subject that has not been touched on in a long time, the brain. The staff promises that the show will be different and unique, all while keeping some of the traditional Seattle Kingsmen motifs. We will see if either of these corps comes up big tonight, as both are aiming for an upset victory.

After a disappointing season 58, longtime FMA corps Aftershock NZ is looking to make a major comeback with their show, "Conflict and Redemption". It is a direct follow up to "Exhibitions in Time", but corps director Jim Helsel promises a much more invigorating performance in season 59. Tough times have dampened the success of Aftershock NZ, and we've seen them drop divisions in an ironic "shocking" manner. Many have counted the corps out. However, if Ive learned anything during my time as a commentator, its that you should NEVER count this corps out of anything. Expect some big things coming soon from Aftershock, possibly tonight.

Moving on to D1, The Moingona are looking to wreak havoc once again in FMA. Their amazing performance in season 58 is being followed up by yet another rendition of the famous "Total Recall". The show promises to be one thing; BIG. The movie music of Jerry Goldsmith should captivate tonight's audience and be one of the best shows of the night. One thing is for sure, The Moingona sure know how to win. They won D2 finals just a few seasons ago, and they have been hanging around in D1 ever since, waiting to capture the illustrious 1st place medal.

After an underwhelming season 58, Kingsmen are looking to get back to the top of FMA with their show, "Flight". The epic music of Richard Wagner is the set piece for a story of love, war, death, and victory. Many are overlooking the Kingsmen due to their previous lackluster performance, but the corps was in FMA finals not too long ago. Expect a pretty big night from the FAME veteran.

After a GIANT season 58, it is unclear if Northern Lights will compete due to the cheating allegations linked to the league. The corps is rumored to have gone on a strike, similar to a few other corps in FAME, most notably Dark Knights. If this is true, drum corps fans will be very disappointed. "American Idiot" was a very ambitious project that had a lot of promise and a gold medal written all over it. We still aren't sure what the full story is on this corps, but we will see tonight how they perform, or if they even perform.

As stated before, Dark Knights have unfortunately stepped away from FMA after arguably the greatest show in the history of drum corps. It is a shame that fans won't see the iconic corps tonight, but there are some other amazing corps that will have the spotlight.

Spirit of Atlantis is looking to wow the crowd after an equally impressive season 58. Their production, "Vesuvius", promises to be an amazing story of chaos. The powerful music of Frank Ticheli will without a doubt get fans excited, and the iconic corps from the sea is going to have a real fiery performance tonight. Spirit may very well receive 1st place.

A dark horse to win tonight is the Atlantic Clarinet Choir. After a great season 58 and a grueling offseason camp, the corps is back, this time with their unique performance, "The Cracked Mirror". One of the most innovative shows of the night, "The Cracked Mirror" will utilize mirror props and sound effects to create a sort of surreal atmosphere and get the crowd thinking. The visuals in this show are rumored to be otherworldly, so all of us cannot wait to see what this corps has in store.

And finally, we get to one of the biggest stories of the night. After a three season hiatus, The Panthers are back in FMA, and corps director Alexander Morales boldly states that his corps will be the most electric of the evening. Their show, "Dancing Mad (The Return)", is an epic journey that uses the music of Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu to create a story drum corps fans won't forget anytime soon. The show will feature both a preshow and an emotional postshow, all to convey the gratitude and excitement the corps feels tonight. After a very long and productive camp, expect The Panthers to make a strong return in FMA tonight in front of this capacity crowd.

That does it for tonight's preview. I hope you enjoyed, and lets all celebrate yet another season of FAME. Live from Athens, this is the FAME Season 59 Kickoff!

Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
theamazing1
Wowza, great write up.
D2 is a shocker this season.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
CTrain
The offseason camp was grueling, very grueling, but yielded great results. Those mirror props were not cheap.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
alxmm98
As a part of this season, I am planning on doing a few write-ups for some of the FAME corps and their shows. I'm going to try to post something on this page every few days, and I will be going in depth for each show. So, if anyone is interested in getting interviewed for this, please PM me and I can begin planning a write-up. Since I know the most about my corps, I will be posting a write-up on it first. I want as many corps as possible to be given an extensive look, so please if anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the write-ups that are coming soon!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
theamazing1
*Drops a pin* *nobody even hears it because no one's around*

If a tree falls deep in the forest, does it even make a sound?
There's a show concept to consider for next season :')
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Stradivarius
*cricket*
12 years later
iRyzoh
I know right lol
e
theamazing1
Missed a day's worth of rehearsing today :( Jeez.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
CTrain
Thinking ahead here, I've been looking at the frequency of FAME events, as far as event hosting goes, I do plan on keeping the same/similar schedule that we're used to, (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, Including Sundays on Week 1 and 5)

however, I am open to any suggestions as far as days go.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
alxmm98
I think our current system works fine. However, we have enough money that we could do an event everyday if we wanted
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
theamazing1
MORE than enough money
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Stradivarius
4 events a day lets go
12 years later
CTrain
ha, a tour for each direction, North, South, East, and West.

We do have the funds to do one everyday, though a group can only do five shows a week, and a lot of people get money from hosting their own events (whether it's a lot or a little, it's still more than nothing)(in my case, more than nothing).

I think having more shows (maybe 4 or 5 a week) would benefit the newer people/those with less influence, since they're less likely to get accepted to events outside of league hosted events, especially those that are trying to go to more events for the sake of tracking progress.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
Kiwidrummer
Personally, I'd like to see less league shows per week. Groups are having a hard time filling their events. Maybe even giving individuals time to get groups, then maybe posting league events when divisions are announced. The staples would be opening day and league championship day. If groups need shows to enter after that period, the league events will be added. Thoughts??

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
theamazing1
Updated the records! Congrats on a killer season, FAME.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
CTrain
Hello FAME!

Working on the Schedule tonight!

For now I'm gonna keep the same schedule we had for last season,
Sundays on Week one and Five, and then, Every Tuesday Thursday and Saturday, Let me know if you want me to include the other Sundays!

We're gonna visit some Major Cities in the Southeast US
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
CTrain
Events are up
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
CTrain
Events are going up today! We're hitting up the US Northeast since it's cooler up north most of the time, depending on heatwaves or what else mother nature has for us, anyway, let's have another awesome season!
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
rhythmicthinking
Done with my first year of uni, and now I have nothing to do (for now), so I'm back for this season (and maybe more). Let's make it a great one!
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps