Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
Aaron0316
Thanks for letting me know, Fast. I'd wondered why they joined our events and left afterward. It seems rather silly to me, but oh well :)
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
MrCGarcia
So I'm new to FMA and so far I'm loving it since I'm a total band nerd. But I just wanted to know what other way is there to raise money, fundraising is a hassle and takes a long time. Is that the only way or? Thanks in advance for inviting me to FAME
Secret Society - Drum Corp
BigBlueBand - Marching Band
Rhythm of Champs- DrumLine

Trumpet is my life. Crossmen fan till death!!
Aaron0316
No, you earn money from hosting events, too, but event revenue is only paid out when the season ends.

btw, welcome and thanks for joining.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
MrCGarcia
Right now I only have $1850, and the way I see it new players probably won't have many people compete in the event. So should I just wait till I'm a higher level so I can get a bigger venue and more competitors?

Aaron0316
You mustn't be a higher level to have a bigger venue. You just need the funds and the luck of high influenced groups applying to your event. What I would do in your situation is save the money and start a campaign.

I know you say that it takes forever, but in my opinion, it's the best option right now. The regular season ends on Tuesday, December 16. That only gives you 8 days to fill an event, only with groups that have low influence, and get enough ticket sales to make your money back - quite a small window.

On the other hand, if you started a campaign to fund raise right now and set it at 60, you'd earn 20 bucks an hour from now until Saturday, December 20 when the system changes over to season 40 to generate $5680. That + the $1850 would definitely be enough to host a bigger event, such as a tier 3 event which allows for 15 competitors.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
MrCGarcia
I see, I think I'll just wait till next season to get a better venue. And I've been meaning to ask what happens when a new season starts? What changes happen?

Aaron0316
When the new season starts, you go through the same process you did after you created your account. You hold your auditions, create your show, pick your show difficulty, and apply the extra points that you get from influence.

The things that carry over from season to season are your staff members, skill points, influence, money, and obviously, your director level. Your rehearsal points are wiped away, and you start over.

I believe that the season changes at 11 PM eastern time. Thus, season 40 preseason starts Saturday evening 3 hours after the season 39 finals. Many people create their events, apply to events, and start rehearsing right away. So, try not to miss out on getting an early start.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
music3000
Starting to see a flow of acceptance :D For my first season, each group will have at least 2 performances thus my creativity has not gone to waste :)
DCI: Genocide
Marching Band: Pardon College
Color Guard: Fluttering Death
Drumline: Crimson Wrath
liebling82
hello music welcome hope to see you competing next season :)

I'm barely hanging on to a possible silver medal in division 2.
Northern Lights - Drum Corps
Hollands Hope High School - Marching Band
Purple Power - Guard
Gasper Sticks - Drum Line
moongard
at least you might get a possible silver i'm stuck at 5th place.. .we're still having the best season to date but probably no medal
Aaron0316
I'm glad you're getting accepted to some events, Music3000 :) Sometimes it takes awhile, and sometimes people forget to do it all together.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
liebling82
well I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch just yet .. anything can happen but I'll just keep on keeping on and hope for the best
Northern Lights - Drum Corps
Hollands Hope High School - Marching Band
Purple Power - Guard
Gasper Sticks - Drum Line
music3000
Got 5th with Fluttering Death's Premier :D not bad at all
DCI: Genocide
Marching Band: Pardon College
Color Guard: Fluttering Death
Drumline: Crimson Wrath
Aaron0316
Congrats to all of our new groups who performed at our FAME Indianapolis event on December 9, 2014!

The Panthers with a score of 56.44 had a commanding lead over Black Crown who placed second with a 49.46. Blue Crusaders took 3rd only trailing Black Crown by 0.33.

It's great to see all of these new groups gaining a bit of experience so late in the season.

1st - The Panthers 56.440
2nd- Black Crown 49.460
3rd- Blue Crusaders 49.130
4th- Legion 48.635
5th- The Back Bay Brigadiers 48.405
6th- Eagle Corps 48.275
7th- Blue Blues 47.955
8th - War Eagle Regiment 47.765
9th - The Red Foxes 46.895
10th- Red Knights 46.485

full recap here: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/26807

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Aaron, thank you so much for the recap. I have been lax as of late. In RL, I go into surgery on Saturday morning here.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Aaron0316
You're welcome, Jim, and no problem. I understand that real life comes first. Take care of yourself.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gypsytenor16
Can you please send an invite, i was told this was the best by gypsy
gypsytenor16
Can you please send an invite, i was told this was the best by gypsy
Kiwidrummer
Hey everyone in FAME land. First, I must apologize for my lack of coverage and usual attention to detail. I have been unwell lately with an injury, dealing with prolapsed discs in my neck, c5/6 and c6/7 were the major ones. I just had surgery this past Saturday, December 13th, and am still in hospital, recovering well though. I am due to be released tomorrow, Monday, but am restricted to very little movement for the first week. Had to all happen on Finals week. Still really sore, but I am slowly making my way back to life. Recovery will be 6-8 weeks before I can even start back to work, so if the body and mindset hold out, I will be able devote more time here and to FMA over this period.

Anyways, I just want to thank Aaron and whoever else has stepped in in my absence over the past few weeks. And beware, Aftershock NZ will be back bigger and stronger than ever for season 40.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
gcurrier
FAME seems to be having a great season especially in Division 2! Looks like you'll have more finalists than MAoMA!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ