Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
alxmm98
Yep thats right! WGI is fairly small right now, but we're hoping it will become something huge in the future
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
alxmm98
Oh and sorry for not posting the rest of the Championship write up yet. Ive been bogged down by English homework XD
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Aaron0316
Coool, I'll have to check it out. I've known about WGI colorguards and percussion but not indoor marching band.

I totally understand about real life getting in the way of the write up. Just complete it when you can, if you can, if you want to :)

On an unrelated note, currently we have 45 corps competing at the FAME championships. That's great!
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Chapstick
very cool, a true championship event
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato
Kiwidrummer
45!!!! Wow, that's very impressive. Just to have so many active corps this season. I think with all the corps we had campaigning the last season or two, we may make an impact on DI this season. Hopefully a few finalists, but for sure a lot making that run for it. Quite exciting to be in FAME!

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Kiwidrummer
Our Championship looks to be fairly balanced between all divisions too. How good is that?

Jim Helsel
crowleylex
truely an exciting time for the league. like I stated before, I have a goal to reach with my staff members before I return to competing hard, but I wish everyone who will be running for a finals spot this season much luck.
Patriots, Soaring Sound, Crowley Auxiliary, Ear Drummers <-- (PEARL FOUNDER ;))
Kiwidrummer
I still haven't seen any clear cut advantage to campaigning vs competing. I will see this season what a few corps achieve after campaigning. My corps have never campaigned, and in our two seasons in DI we finished in 24th two seasons ago and 16th last season. Maybe campaigning only saves the heartache of busting your butt and not making finals. Not sure....

Jim Helsel
crowleylex
well I am doing it because i'm tired of my starting scores being in the 50's. that's just not d1 worthy It's time for a "d1" staff.. and if you think about it.. Put event revenue and fundraising money together and you're making bank. . I know I have been. if my event, on average, c. an bring in 30k each season + 40k from fundraising, that's some decent $$paper$$ I'll be able to compete better with the big boys. It won't be 41 seasons of experience but i'll feel like less of a chump in d1
Kiwidrummer
Completely understandable. I don't really judge which way a director decides to go. I agree with the fundraising and revenue from your event that you will have one shiny penny to spend. The only disadvantage I can see to fundraising is that a group is slower increasing director level, and influence, which affects the quality of people who audition for your group. As said before, I still have yet to see the end results.

Jim Helsel
crowleylex
you're totally right about increasing director level slower.. on the bright side, i dont just set the campaign at 60 and leave it as others do. I still rehearse... so i at least gain some experience .. but you're totally right about the influence.. however, no matter what my influence won't be increasing enough to give me a bigger advantage than the advantage of raising these staff levels. 10k influence is only 1000 bonus at the beginning of the season.. and it takes a while to get to 10k influence naturally that is.. by the time I reach 10k influence, my staff will be ranked so high, the 1000 bonus will barely be noticeable.. it's barely noticeable now.. I can increase my staff levels faster than my influence.. once they are at a decent level, I don't have to worry about it as much and I can focus on competing and gaining influence.
alxmm98
FAME Championship Write Up part 2 is now posted! It is in the press release section, and includes the top 10 corps of the competition. Please dont hesitate to give feedback. Hope everyone likes it!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Kiwidrummer2
Best of luck everyone.....scores to be announced soon.

Just realized, we have two Dark Knights corps in FAME.

Aaron0316
Yes, how awesome is that, Jim? I thought I was the only one, but I have no problem with another Dark Knight corps.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Chapstick
holy smokes. I won tonight (: not a bad starting score :)
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato
rhythmicthinking
Starting score 64, 1 point above last season. AND that's with missing a few days and having my corps on 60 fundraising for this whole season.

I'm excited for S42 guys.
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
FinalFantasy
wowsers i would say so . . well done Spirit. This might be your breakout sseason.
AlexHoese
You guys should all come compete in my contest called the Rosemont invitational!
The XtraordinarY (FAME)
Mad Word Indoor
MrCGarcia
Join my Drum Corps event I still need more contestants &#128076;&#128076;
Secret Society - Drum Corp
BigBlueBand - Marching Band
Rhythm of Champs- DrumLine

Trumpet is my life. Crossmen fan till death!!
liebling82
sorry i've already been accepted to 5 events that week
Northern Lights - Drum Corps
Hollands Hope High School - Marching Band
Purple Power - Guard
Gasper Sticks - Drum Line