Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
Whitelight20
I would like to take a moment and recognize that in D2, four of the top six music percussion scores are from FAME! Yeah drums!
Aaron0316
Cool :) also in D2 FAME has the top three music winds scores
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
AAustin19
heh.. cool beans . . next season i will be competing with my show A Winter's Night - a rip off of the Cavaliers 1991 show but shhh! it's my fantasy we can pretend they didn't do it.

I started working on it last season and will finish ranking up my staff and should be in decent shape in season 41.
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
FinalFantasy
you still suck LMAO just kidding austiin. don't get your pantilooms in a bunch :P
moongard
LOL that was wrong
AAustin19
hehe.. okay Brandon.. You want to kid. I'll be seeking two spots on the ROTC board after I demote you :P

AlanLovesMe
Okay boys. Play nicely :-D
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
FinalFantasy
he knows I'm messing with him. If I can't pick on a friend, who can I pick on?
moongard
if you demote him I'll take his spot lol
rhythmicthinking
Recap for my event if you're interested in that.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3191
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
FinalFantasy
well written ... In Season 41 we will actually compete with our show New World Symphony .. it'll be interesting where we place at your event next season..
AlanLovesMe
Im very eager for this season to end and for next season to begin. taking off a couple seasons to fund raise, it feels like these past few months have been the longest months of my FMA life.
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
rhythmicthinking
It's been a year (about) since I joined this nerdy little activity.
It was a good year, and I hope for an even better one.

I will most likely be taking the next season off to fundraise.
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
Aaron0316
congrats on the one year anniversary :)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
alxmm98
I just wanted to say that our very own corps Aftershock NZ B is looking to win its first title. I wish this corps the best of luck. Also, Aftershock is going for a full division 2 sweep this season. This would be a very impressive accomplishment. Good luck!
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Aaron0316
awesome! His A groups almost had a sweep a few seasons ago ;) but my marching band, after chasing all season, overtook his band for gold finals night. I hope he pulls it off, though. It'd be great to see. It's been quite a few seasons since someone swept D2. He deserves it.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Grrr....Twilight Brigade sure is making this interesting. We keep trading first place every day. Right now they are up, by .005!! WOW! If the current trend continues, Aftershock NZ B will take prelims, Twilight Brigade semis. I do wish them the best of luck, but man, are we hungry. I just gotta keep my band from dropping 5 places from prelims to finals!.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. We sure are working hard this season. I don't know where we'd be if it weren't for our strong percussion program. Imagine, in DI we currently have a top 5 percussion section who won't make it to finals. Marching band percussion section is currently in top 4. Oh well, one season soon the rest of the corps will catch up to them.

On another note, my sincerest apologies for not being really active here during this season. I've had a lot on my plate recently. Had major surgery mid December, still recuperating. Hope to be back to work in about 2weeks. Have to move beginning of Feb, so yah.

FAME looks set to be quite stronger next season. With all our DI corps that were fundraising this season hopefully coming back strong for season 41 I'm hoping we can push for some top 12 finalists.

I do have a question for those who have fundraised. How much on average did you make during a season of fundraising? I'm guessing that your campaigns are also doubled. Im still going the hard route and competing outright, depending on my event for funds. The Masters of FMA has been good to me this season. At my current rate, Aftershock NZ will bring in just over $65,000 for this event. Just curious how that compares to fundraising.

Anyways, finals week is now upon us and I hope everyone is as excited about it as I am. It will be a very interesting week. Nest of luck to everyone and don't let up on tour rehearsals.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
AAustin19
its all good Jim .. your health is more important than this game is ,.. and to answer your question I make 33K each season from fundraising .. that along with the revenue from events has been quite helpful .. I doubt I will make top 12 next season even though I took off two seasons to fundraise.. but I certainly will rehearse my butt off and be more competitive. . even for just one season and go back to fund raising again for a bit.. i just don't want to take off too many seasons in a row..

alxmm98
Common Arsenal youre soooo close! Lol ik it may not happen but if somehow Arsenal D&BC can make it into the top 12 it would be a milestone for FAME. All should still be proud of the great season the corps has had. Correct me if im wrong but is that the best d1 corps placement FAME has had so far?
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Aaron0316
Yes, considering that we are almost at the close of our second full season as a league, 15th place is the highest a corps in our league has placed in division 1. I finished 17th with a 91.760 in season 39, which score wise, was a personal best for me.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium