Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
rhythmicthinking
I want a competition on the Death Star
Arsenal Drum & Bugle Corps
jeffb
lol well it is a fantasy so hell i want one on Mars please, I'm sure aaron will accommodate
Aaron0316
Last week I sent an email to our division 1 corps asking if any two had an interest in joining the board of directors. I want to expand the board from 3 members (including myself) to 5 members. If more than two had come forward, a vote would have been conducted to determine which two would be promoted.

Members on the board are responsible for participating in board discussions, assisting with league decisions (voting on changes to the league), and recruiting. Only two groups came forward. Therefore, congrats to Phantom Legion (FinalFantasy) and Northern Lights (Liebling82) for accepting the role. They complete our 5 member board of directors.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
liebling82
gladly accepted!! Im ready to get started.
Northern Lights - Drum Corps
Hollands Hope High School - Marching Band
Purple Power - Guard
Gasper Sticks - Drum Line
Kiwidrummer2
Hesy Brandon and liebling....congrats!! Look forward to having you guys on the BoD and working with you. Best wishes for a successful venture.

Kiwidrummer2
Hey, we could have a comp on the moon, use one of its many craters as a stadium and call it the Crater Bowl.....

Whitelight20
That works for me lol
rhythmicthinking
Congrats to our new BoD membership.

I'm ready for the Galactic Bowl.
Kiwidrummer
Rhyrmic, you have the perfectly themed show for an interstellar series of events.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
Aaron0316
I promise that next season our schedule will be out of this world... literally

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
FinalFantasy
Mile High Stadium in Denver, CO had a pretty decent crowd this evening for the FAME event.

Aftershock NZ shook the Dark Knights in division 1. Of course, Aaron's crew isn't really competing this season, as they perfect their show Elysium for their summer tour. It was a nice show in exhibition though lol Aftershock NZ's crew is always delightful and entertaining. Are they pleAsed with their 68.010 from the judges? Nevertheless, I know how determined Aftershock is to shake up division 1.

Thunderbirds definitely made "Contact" with the judges this evening taking 1st in division 2. The Panthers and the Commonwealth Crusaders are not far behind. Ya know? I've been in this division 2 race a few times. Division 2 competitiveness never ceases to amaze me.

The Warriors played to the audience this evening, but being the only division 3 corps performing, this was like a run through practice for them. I look forward to seeing how well they progress in their second season on FMA.

Division 1

Aftershock NZ 68.010 1st
Dark Knights 60.075 2nd

Division 2

Thunderbirds 63.280 1st
The Panthers 61.385 2nd
The Commonwealth Crusaders 61.190 3rd
Shadowcoats 57.880 4th
Colonial Regiment 57.855 5th
bluecoats 53.950 6th
War Eagle Regiment 53.935 7th

Division 3

The Warriors 50.725 1st

Full recap here: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/27241

rhythmicthinking
Thank you for the writeup FF, even though I'm not in this competition :P
FinalFantasy
Thank you.. hey you would have been in the write up if you were at the FAME competition in Denver. You were too busy hanging out with the CLASS corps at the Harbor Lights Classic yesterday :P
rhythmicthinking
Yeah I tend to get accepted into a buttload of events before league comps appear :P Gotta stick it to them anyhow. (;

I'll be there in Kansas City though. And then at our championships, of course. :^)
gypsy14
ik that it is like all of a sudden in the middle of the year but im not doing so well so i am not competing and campaigning and alot of stuff so i want be bad next season.......dont be mad but i think its for the best. Bluecoats will be better next season believe me!
sbales
I'm doing the same. Why do you think anyone would be mad? It's your game . play how you want to and there are many competitors in FAME this season dont worry about it
rhythmicthinking
If you don't compete, you should just set your fundraiser to 60. So when you come back you'll have a butt-ton of money.
sbales
I always set mine at 60 and with a 100% increase .. my funds look nice
Aaron0316
Wow, we're about to start week 3. Is it just me or is season 40 blowing by very quickly? I've been checking out the statistics page seeing where everyone currently stands.

I'm very impressed with The Arsenal D&BC. Right now they have the 23rd highest score in their division, 75.040, which is really good for division 1. I'm curious how far they will go this season. Aftershock NZ is also scoring in the low 70's. With about 3 weeks left in the season, there is definitely enough time to improve. It seems as if the other division 1 corps are fundraising. Maybe some of them will come out strong next season ;-)

7 of our division 2 corps are in the top 30. Aftershock NZ B is the front runner for FAME currently with the 6th highest score in division 2. I know they're hungry for a medal. Thunderbirds are currently 9th and the Panthers are 13th. The Commonwealth Crusaders are 18th, Marching Hawks are 23rd, and Colonial Regiment and Shadow Regiment are neck n neck in 29th and 30th place. It's way too early to call anything. I hope to see more FAME corps at division 2 finals.

9 corps are top 30 in the division 3 circuit with 4 of them already in the top 12: Saboteurs (3rd), Kansas City Krown (4th), Falcon Regiment (8th), Eagle Corps (9th). For most of them, this is their first full season on FMA. It's so cool to see them gaining experience and already doing so well.

I'm proud of all of you! I understnd that sometimes it can be difficult to rehearse every 5 - 6 hours, but to those who are actually competing this season, try to make the most out of every little bit of energy for the next 3 weeks. I'd like to have an outstanding showing of FAME corps in finals this season.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
alxmm98
Nice write up. And good luck!
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President