Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
alxmm98
Maybe this has to do with the cheating allegations? I have a feeling he is trying to prove a point by dropping everything hes worked for to show that this game isnt nearly as important to him as some may think. To be called a cheater simply because of success is wrong on many standpoints. Ive tried to contact him but he hasnt answered yet.
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
theamazing1
I noticed this... He also hadn't logged in since Tuesday. I wonder if it's regarding the false accusations.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
theamazing1
So, what happens with FAME and ENCORE now? Is this the last season of activity?
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
alxmm98
No Tyler. CTrain is currently the FAME President atm, idk if he noticed. If he doesnt want to do it next year, I will gladly fill the role, Ive done it before.

I dont want to however. I really hope Aaron comes back soon. His leadership and commitment to running an engaging league has shaped FMA over his time here.
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
CTrain
I JUST noticed. Okay, I don't mind doing it for a bit.

so... uh... what's going on?
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
theamazing1
Ctrain, I just noticed the clever references in your show names. So funny and cool to look at.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
CTrain
Alright, I just read everything, I haven't gotten any 'logging in at the same time' emails.

However, my take on it is that it's probably coincidental, due to the hours and energy points maxing out what used to be every 4 hours, but now is every 6 hours. I.e., 7/6c hits, the hour before scores are posted, boom, most everyone rehearses, done.
So everyone logging in at or around the same time, every five or six hours, regardless of league, shouldn't come as a surprise, (at least it doesn't to me).

I don't have the full scoop, or know how deep the accusation went. Let's just try to get any ambiguity resolved quickly, move on, and continue to keep the game up, supporting it as best we can.

Alright, so yeah, onto the League, Aaron already has the shows scheduled for Season 59, European Stadiums, so we'll be in Europe, this time for drum corps. (No Vuvuzelas in the stands)

Looking ahead to the future,
Season 60 - If I'm still at the helm, we can do the Two Tours again (which I thought was neat). By then I'll figure out the spreadsheet numbers. Possibly incorporate a "tour theme" to it as well.

Let's keep last season's momentum going into this one!

The Vuvuzela thing was something that was in the automated announcements outside the stadium DCI Finals at Lucas Oil, last time I went was in 2012 so it may be different now

EDIT: My Shows, Tyler, have a meaning. Last Friday, I dropped a glass cup and it got EVERYWHERE, and me without my sandals. I swept up most of it but still managed to step on some of those invisible hard-to-get shards that get left behind and don't really hurt, but are just inconvenient. So yeah, I was a little bitter about that, but, at least I didn't drop my plate. Anything fractured, like mirrors, or windows, kinda got thrown into my show theme things.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
Kiwidrummer
There is some truth to these accusations. I've kept quiet due to respect of certain people here. Without bringing names into it, it all goes back to Sep 22nd, 2 years ago. There were multiple accounts held by one person pretending to be different people. Some of these groups have resurfaced. TBH, I can deal with the FF fiasco better than this. At least we all knew who he was. It wasn't me who blew the whistle, though I do have emails to back this up. If people are so dead set on winning, no matter how, just keep going how you are. I make no misrepresentation as to who I am and which accounts are mine. KiwiDrummer, my main account for my DI groups, KiwiDrummer2, for my DII feeder groups, and PERC, an administrative account only for the league. Actually, with what I know and who was/is involved, I'm really disappointed it was allowed to go on. I'm seriously looking at going independent due to all of this.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
CTrain
I remember the September 22nd and the FF thing. I haven't been on the loop on this recent one though... now that I think about it, I was out of the loop for the other two things as well. Wish I knew more.

Anyway, here's hoping it doesn't go on, whatever it is, I enjoy this way too much to let the integrity of this activity fall to... whatever's happening this time.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
FMA HoF Member
theamazing1
Hey, as long as I have a chance to win some things, and keep my creativeness flowing, I don't mind. I'll start getting concerned when I see a bunch of groups beat me that you can obviously tell is the same person.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
echstrumpet8
I very much remember the September 22nd and the Fast Forward dramas. Link to the Sept 22 discussion here---> http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3498/1 <---- if anyone needs some filler on the former.
The September 22nd incident was super crucial to me because it took out quite a few top-tier leagues at the time: ROTC, FAME, BRAVO, and my personal connection, PEARL. I remember there was a lot of conspiracy about it all, involving accounts that seemed to be their own person.
It doesn't hurt too much if these accounts rotate through seasons instead of loading up. IF ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE, it would seem to be a MAXIMUM of like 5 accounts, so it isn't in the 20s like with FF.

Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
alxmm98
Ok, as a long standing member of FAME and a member of this community, I feel compelled to share a few words with you guys.

These are tough times we are going through. It seems like this entire site is in shambles, and our own league is dealing with internal conflicts that stem from wrong choices made in the past. Since my short return to FMA, Ive seen a site that is clearly dying. The number of active players has fallen dramatically, and the controversy that is transpiring right now is completely unbearable. It seems like its hard to trust anyone on here anymore. We may never know which accounts are fake and which ones aren't. For all you guys know, IM just another fake account. The thought of this is really sad and unfortunate, I know.

But throughout all this darkness, I see a light at the end of the tunnel. We are all in this together, FAME, CLASS, ENCORE, everybody. While we may face adversity, I know that we can get through this together. We must not give up on ourselves, for we are the ones that make this community shine.

I ask those who are deceiving the FMA community to step up and say something. We can find it in our hearts to forgive you, but only if you speak up. All we want is to play this game and have fun while building relationships as a healthy community. Fake accounts that we don't know are fake destroy the very essence of this site. Please, whoever is doing this, just stop doing so. This site isn't about trophies or medals or prestige. This site is about one thing and one thing only; having fun.

On a side note, however long Aaron's absence will be, this league is in good hands. I know CTrain will do a fine job leading if need be. I hope that members of this league do not find themselves discouraged by all of this controversy. FAME is still an amazing league, and it is a place I will forever call home. Lets get through this together and right this ship.
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
gcurrier
Here here Alexander. I'm not a FAME member but I do watch your forums as well as FAME has been a great competitor of CLASS and I sincerely hope this continues. Integrity of the game is paramount and I think you are taking the right steps through several of the comments I've seen here to make sure your league is part of that integrity. CLASS and I will support you in whatever way we can.

I too have tried to ask Aaron to not leave or to return, but each person must handle things how they feel fit for themselves. He has left ENCORE in my hands and I will not let it die. What he has built in both leagues is incredible. FAME has certainly been the strongest competitor of CLASS ever aND ENCORE has no equal.

I do fear with scores maxing out at 100 soon in all the groups and drum corps and marching band soon being like guard, we only have a few good seasons left before it starts to truly die. Let's make it some great ones!!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Dear lord have I missed a lot... I am so sorry to see what has happened... Does anyone have a link to the original cheating allegations to catch me up? Or was it done behind the scenes?
12 years later
Kiwidrummer
It really wasn't "cheating" so to speak. Basically, there were a few accounts, 5-10 possibly, that were run by one person. Not bad, except that person pretended to be the different people. Unfortunately, this person also ran 2 very good leagues. I don't care if a person has multiple accounts. What crossed me was talking to "these people" as separate individuals, only to find out this split personality abused our trust. One was a female, supposedly a PR alum, even used her real name, only to be a guy. There was a mass exodus on September 22nd two years ago that left a few good leagues in limbo. One of those leagues survived. The others didn't. I received an email from someone claiming to have seen this person log onto multiple accounts. The past few seasons, some of these accounts and groups have been active again. Like I said, I don't care how many accounts a person has. What I care about is the fact that we were being deceived and played like idiots. At least with FF, we knew who he was. I'm with Alex though. I'm a charter member of FAME, and not ready to give up yet.
Jim Helsel
alxmm98
Thanks Jim. FAME wouldnt be the same without you, and we are all ready to move forward from this together.

On a side note, we have a new BoD member, theamazing1. I know that Tyler's activeness in the FMA community as a commentator will be an asset for FAME for a long time, so welcome aboard!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Stradivarius
Ah I see... rather unfortunate to hear. Recently had a chat with some people so I think I understand what happened. VERY sad to see it occur.

The split personalities thing is rather disturbing to hear... That is very a much a betrayal of trust I agree.
12 years later
theamazing1
Thank you very much, Alex, for the warm welcome. I will do all I can to make sure the needs of the league are met, and hope that these interesting out-of-nowhere obstacles don't bring it down.
I really enjoy how you top notch players give smaller members a chance to prosper. I wont be leaving this site any time soon :). (I'm coming up to my one year anniversary!!! Woohoo!)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
alxmm98
FAME season preview coming in about an hour or so. Hope you guys enjoy!
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Kiwidrummer
Looks like another standing room only opener. Best wishes for a successful season ahead for FAME and all FMA groups.

Jim Helsel