Login Create Account
FAME - Discussion, Comments, Suggestions
Kiwidrummer
Wow! Deep sigh. Everyone, please welcome our newest member to FAME, FinalFantasy and his corps Phantom Legion. We sincerely hope you enjoy your experience with FAME and FMA in general.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
moongard
may I get an invite?
Kiwidrummer
Hello Moongard....invite is on it's way.

Jim Helsel
moongard
thanks you guys seem cool. Some people in my last league are annoying lhh
Kiwidrummer
Everyone please welcome Moongard is his corps, Jagerbombers to FAME. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to use this thread or PM anyone on the BoD. We hope you have a great time with FAME and FMA.

Jim Helsel
AlanLovesMe
LOL.... I love your profile pic. With fat bastard as your drum major, i'm sure things are always interesting (or crazy)
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
Kiwidrummer
Everyone please welcome Buccaneers to FAME. We hope you have a fun time with FAME and FMA. Don't hesitate to contact anyone on the BoD should you need anything and feel free to use this thread. Glad to have you with us.

Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
If you have an event and are still accepting applications for it, I've added the event to the league schedule. Please help out your league mates if you can.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
FAME Louisville took place last night in the great state of Kentucky. While all three divisions were represented, the real heat was again in division II. All corps put on a great show for the audience, even after a 1/2 hour delay due to a thunderstorm. The placements and scores are:

Division I
1st - Spirit of Atlantis 59.835

Division II
1st - Patriots 67.455
2nd - The Moingona 66.165
3rd - Dakota Musicale 65.970

Division III
1st - The Commomwealth Crusaders 52.285

For the full recap, please visit: http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/26573

Congratulation to these competing corps. Our next event, FAME Bismarck, will be on Thursday, December 4th.We look forward to seeing you there.

Jim Helsel
FAME - Director of Communications

Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
I sent a PM to everyone. Please check it. Thank you.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Aaron0316
Welcome The Panthers!

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
A big hello to The Panthers, welcome. We hope you enjoy your experience with FAME and in FMA.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Please welcome The Academy Cadets and Northern Lights to FAME. It has been 15 seasons (S24) since The Academy Cadets took to the field and Northern Lights are the reigning FMA DIII Drum Corps World Champions. Woohoo, two reigning world champs in FAME. Shall we go for 3? Best of luck for the remainder of Season 39. Feel free to use this thread or PM anyone on our BoD should you need anything.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Woohoo, Northern Lights and Patriots going for a repeat in DII. Who will get the gold this season?. Keep an eye out for these two powerhouse corps.

Jim Helsel
Kiwidrummer
Please welcome The Dixie Steel to FAME. This is a new corps from Dixie Alabama and we are sure they will be a great addition to our league. Should you ever need anything, just PM anyone on the BoD or feel free to use this thread. Best wishes on a successful season and again, welcome to FAME and FMA.

Jim Helsel
music3000
Is it common for someone who is brand new to the game to not be accepted into very many competitions?
DCI: Genocide
Marching Band: Pardon College
Color Guard: Fluttering Death
Drumline: Crimson Wrath
Aaron0316
Yes, it is common, because most people accept groups with higher influence to boost the number of attendees and increase ticket sales, but with this new surge of FMa accounts, many new groups are creating events and have little knowledge of the effects of influence. Therefore, you might be rejected because the events are full. Say that a group has created a tier 1 event, which allows for only 5 groups to perform. as soon as the 5th group is accepted by the host, everyone else who applied is automatically declined. Perhaps someone else applied before you and were accepted first. Don't get discouraged, though. You started late in the season. The new season will begin in about 2 weeks.

also, if the league events are full, let me know which days you have available in an email. I will compile some dates and try to create a few more.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Kiwidrummer
Music3000 , in addition to what Aaron has said, with league events it is an automatic acceptance provided they are not full. So when the new schedule comes out for next season (Saturday night after finals), choose which league events you want to compete in and apply. Acceptance is immediate. Also, you can only apply for 7 events a week, one a day. You can only be accepted into 5 events a week. So after the 5th event accepted, it will say declined on the others.

It does pay to read through the game guide to get a good idea of how some things work. You can also search topics on a subject as well as just ask in a thread or through PM.

Jim Helsel
Aaron0316
Is anyone wanting more league events? I can create a couple more. I know that we have several new members. I want to make sure that everyone gets a chance to compete before the end of the regular season, which ends in 9 days.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
FastForward
I noticed that Pidget (I.E. Base Regiment, Etc.) has asked to join & been accepted into MAoMA as of Sunday, December 7, 2014. However, this player also has been accepted into a number of FAME events. The member created their account on December 5th, 2014 & appears to be league jumping in order to apply for & be accepted into show events. I was not the MAoMA BOD member that accepted Pidget but thought I would let you know there may be an issue with all the new FMA groups showing up so late in Season 39.

FastForward
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.