Login Create Account
CLASS Updated Forum
corndogshuffle
This is a CLASSy move and I've enjoyed our fights over the years. I remember that thread and it was a lot of sour grapes (granted some decent points were made). You've definitely proven your point and done it with style, just like you I look forward to even more respectful and honored competition!

By the way, I'm pretty sure I found the thread that led to the "B Group" phase.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/1181

These threads also gives insight to what was going on around the same time.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/1310
http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/1500
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier
THATS IT---literally lol i was pretty sick of the debate--i love to see new groups start, work hard and do well! its thrilling--but i hate when people half --- it and cry they didnt win! not just here -- in anything lol as you can imagine im also not a fan of festival style competition either--everyone is a winner lol yes they are in their own way but competition is good--vanguard is likely to stay in 5th this year, but MY GOD if youve seen that show its every bit a winner!!!

cj i appreciate that--always feel free to speak your mind! you are part of another great league that CLASS respects very much because you too are true competitors...the mutual respect we all have for each other and the game means far more than a trophy that goes on your electronic wall--especially if no one respects how you got it!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
TrumpetVinny
Huh. Nemesis actually won a season they scored 99+ in. Weird.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
gcurrier
:-P

TrumpetVinny
I'm not saying I would've topped it that season, I'm just saying I did every other time ;)
gcurrier
Actuality you did once, pretty sure Bluecoats did twice

TrumpetVinny
Semantics.
ZombieRaptor1
Gcurrier, if you're at the Allentown regional, where you at?
Fixed Arrow - Drum Corps
Ronald Reagan - Marching Band
Facepalm - Color Guard
Chrome Thunder - Drumline

Crossmen '15 Above and Beyond
Crossmen '16 Continuum
corndogshuffle
Top three in DCI separated by 0.225.. O_O

If that wasn't enough, 1st-4th is 0.700. My brain is melting just thinking about what could happen in the next week.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
saxamattone
Glad the good guys are in front ;)

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
OMG what a show! I was in section G right up front so they all could blow me away. Highlights I'd say, Crossmen, such a fresh show, I love it. Boston probably the most improved and really great show. Cadets, hardest show hands down and in my opinion best percussion but does lack a little emotionally...Bluecoats, wow this show! GE hog! Just so very cool and start to finish on your seat. Crown hands down best story of the year and emotionally they steal all that the cadets are missing. Hard not to jump up out of your seat! Going to be a fun week!

cjbuckley1997
The Bluecoats' show is probably the best I've ever seen live. The way that they used the speakers really integrated the sound of the corps with the electronics, and even sitting basically on the goal line, there was a huge wall of sound. It was a really tough act to follow for Crown and Cadets though. I did also get to see the 2 people I know in Jersey Surf, which was a really awesome time, and then at the end I got to get pictures with Willie and Hunter Bown! Overall I would say that this has been the best weekend of my year! Every corps is just at such a high level now, there literally wasn't a bad show the entire 2 days.
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier
We were actually saying the same thing. Hard to pick a "bad show" especially at the top and there are usually a few shows that we are like meh...lol not this year!

stowawaydude
I hope you guys don't mind if I add in my thoughts...I have not had the privilege of watching a lot of the DCI shows this season, but I did attend NightBEAT here in the Carolinas and was blown away by all of the shows this season. They are, easily, at a higher level than they were last year. The only show I wasn't a huge fan of was the Cavaliers' show, but they still executed it very well, especially considering that some of their corps members were sick. As for the Bluecoats show, it was, hands down, my absolute favorite. The use of the speakers made it absolutely amazing. Crown's show and the Cadets' show were both spectacular as well, but it is hard to follow the Bluecoats, no doubt. All in all, it is an absolutely amazing season for DCI and I cannot wait to see how it all turns out in Indianapolis.
gcurrier
hey we never mind people jumping in our forums as long as they are positive thoughts and opinions and people can check their negative attitudes at the door...

i think years from now we will see more corps taking a bluecoats approach and realize this is when they started pushing the activity...

cjbuckley1997
One of my instructors marched Bloo last year and he basically said that shows like Tilt and Kinetic Noise are gonna become the norm. Personally, I'm expecting them to win finals within 3 years because that's the direction they seem to be going
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
echstrumpet8
A congrats to Gary on hitting 4 win milestones these last few days; Nemesis (450 wins), Marching Knights (475 wins), The Knight Guard (450 wins), and Tarasque (75 wins), all within the month.
Secondly, a kudos to ZombieRaptor. I was able to see Crossmen in Atlanta and it blew me away. Keep doing what you do for Indy!
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
gcurrier2
Thank you thank you! It's nice to have these achievements as milestones to our history.

Yes sorry I didn't get to see zombie but man did he kick it on the field in Allentown
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum
gcurrier
As some of you may have noticed, Stradivarius, director of Redcoat Regiment has now become a member of CLASS! We are so pleased to have not only such an esteemed corps join our ranks, but honored to include one of the most active and honorable directors in the activity. Clearly his goal regularly to make FMA the best it can be, as with all CLASS directors and with his return to the activity we are thrilled he has decided to join us!

please welcome STRAD AND REDCOAT REGIMENT!

saxamattone
That's a great addition for a very CLASSy league!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)