Login Create Account
CLASS Updated Forum
gcurrier3
Congrats to Corps IBEX--Nemesis came on strong, but couldn't catch up! our buses got lost a few times in the last few days and seemed to just sit still! :) Congrats also to our longtime friend and competitor Carolina Royals on bronze!

Nemesis goes out with a silver, who knows when they will return, but now please welcome the newcomer to CLASS and Knight Org....N3MESIS!
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
gcurrier
Just a reminder to everyone--if you need me quickly, you should message me at gcurrier3...that will be the competitive account at this time. This one will be kept administratively and for potential future use. so the other one is the one you can reach me at most quickly.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier
ok so with all of the issues, glitches and problems we have been having here--maybe now is a great a time as ever to join DCPI fantasy drum corps! The website is supported by Drum Corps Planet and doesnt have just one webmaster, so can be passed to the next available when there are issues.

Is it the same as here? not exactly, it uses real drum corps scores, but it also doesn't require the same level of engagement--you dont need to login every 6 hours to do well. I know some people prefer that, but for those who think its "harder" at DCPI--it simply isnt.

dont like one person having multiple groups, fine--your only allowed to have one corps in each division there.

Don't like that a newbie cant come in and win it all here, fine--there is no season to season or veteran advantage there.

want another chance to beat me? I am the defending champion in World and Open Class, so I welcome the fight!

We would love to have everyone move over to DCPI as well! If you have questions or need assistance, let me know--websites attached, both the forums and the DCPI site itself.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/forum/63-dcp-fantasy-drum-corps-league/

http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
stowawaydude
I had considered joining DCPI before, but wasn't the biggest fan of the idea of using actual DCI scores. I may look into it again though.
gcurrier3
It actually makes it more similar to typical fantasy games (football, baseball, basketball). It certainly makes you watch really scores closely in a live season lol I can tell you just how well every top corps is doing in each caption through the summer and what captions stand out in the lower corps lol
ZombieRaptor1
With the Crown staff (All of them except caption heads really) from the last three years and playing the opener.... Crossmen could really blow people down this year. Like. I don't usually hype stuff but damn. This could be something special.
Fixed Arrow - Drum Corps
Ronald Reagan - Marching Band
Facepalm - Color Guard
Chrome Thunder - Drumline

Crossmen '15 Above and Beyond
Crossmen '16 Continuum
cjbuckley1997
Oh dang, can't wait to see it! Hopefully I can get out to a show this year around my schedule
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Stradivarius
Imagine a Fantasy Fantasy Marching Arts. You'd take scores that people receive on this site then translate it over to FFMA by the same means as DCPI. A fantasy league of the fantasy league. lol
12 years later
gcurrier3
mind blowing lol

gcurrier3
there is an awful lot of stalled CAMA traffic to get out of my way down here in division 3. the top NINETEEN corps have all moved less than a point since the beginning of the season...must be super fun to play that way! LOL Its like playing Monopoly and sitting on GO demanding your $200 each turn..woohoo
cjbuckley1997
It's a shame, because there's a ton of young groups out there who just get blockaded because they can't get through them all, and it just ends up being a couple legit groups in finals. I remember my one full season in D3, we had probably 5 or 6 legit groups in every circuit and that was exciting, but I realized that's an anomaly more than a rule. I just think it would be nice for more young groups to get into finals

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier3
Yeah it's really too bad. I actually wanted to see how I'd do against young guns since starting over. Instead it's only about seing if I can get through stagnant water before finals.
ThomasIsBass3
Well, technically, if you are the first non-Colonial Association group, then you are in the lead!
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
gcurrier3
Actually I don't mind admitting I'm in a battle with Lunar Pride, an ICE group.
corndogshuffle14
Anybody else getting snowed in? It's been going for about two or three hours just outside DC and we haven't started the real storm yet!
gcurrier3
Ironically nope! And I'm in Maine! This one going right under us as of last model
cjbuckley1997
I'm about to, we're bracing for it

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
ThomasIsBass3
Good luck!! ;-)

Being a weather junkie, I had to comment on that, but I wish I was... I like extreme weather when it's cold - snow, ice, below 0, etc., but living in Oklahoma, it's just 32 and windy or 60 and sunny all winter...
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
cjbuckley1997
My dad works in rental cars and a family came up from Florida to play in the snow

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
corndogshuffle14
This could be a literal storm of the century. If we exceed (I forget how many inches but it's something like 22) 22 inches of snow it will be the largest snow fall in the DC Metro since 1916. For perspective the Ottoman Empire still existed in 1916. xD