Login Create Account
CLASS Updated Forum
gcurrier
I really wonder what made the difference? not practicing much in off season? seems weird
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
gcurrier3
man all forums are super quiet!!!
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
lightman
That they are.
The Cadet Jr CLASS
The Red Lighting USMBEA
The Cadet Jr Master Line DRUMS ~ D3 Champion S55
gcurrier3
Crickets everywhere
Dabuttdino
Spoopy
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
gcurrier3
if you didn't see this--check out the CLASS FAME battle

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3765/1#here
CDK24
Hey guys! I took a break for a while, but now I'm back and I'm super excited
Arizona King Div 2 Drum corps (Class BoD)
King's Crown Marching Band Div 2 (Encore)
King's Colors Div 2 Color Guard (USGA)
King's Drumline Div 2 Drumline (Drums)
gcurrier3
Welcome back!!
Dabuttdino
Welcome back fren :]
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
gcurrier3
um...my inbox appears to be broken! not sure about anyone else
gcurrier3
Going into finals it looks like a great season for CLASS!!!!

Currently all 3 divisions have a CLASS corps in the top spot!

In Division 1 seven of the top 12 are CLASS corps including Gold - Cadets of Blue and Silver-Carolina Royals!

In Division 2 we have two corps in top 12 including Gold-N3MESIS

In Division 3 we have four corps in the top 12 including Gold Lone Star and Silver Cadet Jr

what a GREAT season for CLASS

Dabuttdino
Hmm Viridian is not doing too well this season :[
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
corndogshuffle
This has been my worst scoring season in a long time and my lowest finishing group will be ranked 5th LOL.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
gcurrier3
Tough problem to have lol

Cadets of Blue having a banner year already beating their previous high record and looking to hit that Top 12 of all time! All that's left is how high up that later do they go? Could even take my Nemesis high score.
gcurrier3
Man I was right, but they tied it!!! Congratulations Cadets of Blue, N3MESIS and Lone Stars for brining THREE MORE Championship titles to CLASS! WE took all 3 divisions!!
saxamattone
Welcome to CLASS, Avery Regiment!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
Hey I'm in Division 1 again across the board! Glitch fixed?

gcurrier
Trying to liven things up a bit around here--will try to do reviews of shows. Not sure I will get in every week or every corps but Ill work at it!

This week we were at the Pacific Regional from Seattle Washington!

CLASS every season brings the top corps to our shows and we love to hit the crowd at the first show with a true example why we are the PREMIERE Drum Corps League! This year the Pacific Regional was no let down in all 3 divisions!

In Division 3 Clanta Vara Sanguard has already shown how fitting their show "Momentum" is for the next level in their history. Last seasons 5th place corps took the first show of the season with strong GE and ensemble scores. As a matter of fact they were a full point over Company X in both GE categories. Company X was able to make up much of that deficit by taking all performance categories with their perfect Halloween show "Poltergeist". The group started off strong with a very timely show, how will they keep up the eerie presence all season? The Orlando Stars (3rd) and Iron Corps (4th) were about a point and a half back with Red Devils in 6th just behind

In Division 2 N3MESIS kept on strong after their recent Division 2 Championship by taking the show with their performance of "The Drop That Contained The Sea" by Christopher Tin. The group started slower but then went undefeated the second part of the season now looks to go straight to finals. The show is EXTREMELY well designed as they took GE by two and a half points and ensemble by a fair margin, but judges wonder if the show is simply too hard as the were hit a bit harder in the performance categories. A corps that wasnt weak in performance was Kansas City Crown who swept performance with a particularly strong percussion. The percussion really seems to have mastered their show Hugh Mungus. Crown beat the 2nd place percussion The Cadet Jr by over a half point. The Cadets Jr was second in every performance caption but further behind in ensemble and GE. After grabbing silver in last seasons Division III finals, Cadet Jr is looking for a solid first year in Division II with Descending Shadows. Just barely behind in 4th were the Redcoats with Cadets of Hennepin County (5) Lone Stars (6) and Viridian (7) were all pretty tightly behind. Arizona King, Flash and Indiana Regiment rounded out the division.

In Division 1 Nemesis came back to the field and instantly showed all they were ready to play. Their show Returning to the River is a replay of their season 26 show "River Symphony" but shows some visual changes of what they have learned in 30 seasons! The show is once again a GE HOG of a show and so far isnt lacking on performance or ensemble. The group didnt win any performance category, but was strong in all and second in ensemble. The question will be if they can prevent a finals upset as the show presented last go. Who would love to see that upset? no other than Carolina Royals, old rivals of Nemesis. This years show < leaves much to be interpreted early in the season, but one thing not confusing is how strong each section performs this show. Royals were strong in every performance category and won ensemble, but in GE they dropped to 3rd. No doubt an area they will work to clarify in the coming weeks. Another corps back in the mix once again is Lexington Legends whose show "A Western Tale" is looking to shoot out the competition until they finally stand on top. The corps often labeled the best corps never to win a title seems to be getting ready to make that move. Legends were tight behind Royals and even beat them to take second in GE, putting them overall .7 behind in 3rd. BARELY a few tenths behind was last years defending WORLD Champion Cadets of Blue. Cadets of Blue won that title with performances that were some of the best of all time and clearly each caption wants a repeat. They stood out in this show with a very strong brass who won the show and a second place visual performance. The corps continues their blues theme once again with "Rhythms in Blues". Another corps we have to mention is Vincent Storm. The corps was only a few tenths behind the world champions but won Percussion, Visual Performance and Guard while taking second in Brass. The corps really needs to work on design of their Curve show because if they did with those performance scores, they would certainly be a contender! Rounding out a large division 1 group was Redcoat Regiment in 6th, 7 Star of Indianapolis, 8 Bluegrass Regiment 9 White Star and 10 Pride of Peachtree. Overall great first show as all of these Division 1 corps are currently in top 12!!

We look forward too reviewing the Southwest Regional for you next week!

BosHosChos
How do you guys start out with such high scores? I've started leveling up my staff but I haven't seen that much of an improvement.

Just looking for some tips/tricks, any help would be appreciated :)
theamazing1
Bos I know this isn't my league and I don't have the highest of scores, but I think that it's something that comes with time and continuing to upgrade stuff. Also rehearsing smartly considering the difficulty of the show your groups have.
Again, I think it's something that just comes with time and patience. When you look back at these guy's earlier season you'll see that they didn't start out with a 80 every season either.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard