Login Create Account
CLASS Updated Forum
RedEastMovement
Since it has technically been another two weeks, the third and final Bi-Weekly Report for Season 53 would have been released late last night or very early this morning. However, I instead opted not to go in depth with the numbers and instead simply focus on the Top 3 High Score members in each division of our league. I apologize if this offends anyone, but in the end, we all have to concede that its that High Score category that decides the Bronze, Silver, or Gold, right?
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
Finals Report - Season 53
-------------------

Division 1
------------

3. (5.) Midland Valley Goldcoats - scooter92011
Score: 97.675
Comments: With their production, "I Go To Rio," the Goldcoats performance on Finals night was something that personally touched me as so much of their attention was focused on the music they were producing on the field. As many of you know, my philosophy for my own groups has always leaned towards the musical aspect above everything else. "Olympic Fanfare" drew forth the largest applause on Finals night, myself included. The clarity of the trumpet feature, I swear, could be heard for miles. Every percussion feature, whether it be the front ensemble or battery, was also quite crisp and satisfying.

2. (4) Carolina Royals - saxamattone
Score: 98.450
Comments: Let's face it. I had no idea what I was going to be expecting when Carolina Royals began to set up for their performance on Finals night. All they had placed in the program concerning their show was the Japanese Yen symbol and nothing more. By the time they had played through their final cord, I was in a state of disbelief and shock; tears were gushing freely down my face in sheer happiness. It is truly my pleasure to say that I've never seen a drum corps march with such grace and musical talent. The judges seemed to agree with my emotions, giving Royals PERFECT scores in MEns and VEns. It should be worth noting that while Royals do share PERFECT MEns with Midland Valley Goldcoats, the complementary visual performance with the music cannot be denied, and hence, Royals' 4th place finish in Season 53.

1. (3.) Lexington Legends - corndogshuffle
Score: 98.610
Comments: While Goldcoats and Royal excelled through their overall ensemble performances, Legends attained the Bronze medal on Finals night through the individual performances of each section within the corps. Their show production, "Dangerous," was truly fitting as Legends were the only corps from CLASS that could challenge the two FAME corps, Dark Knights and Dakota Musicale, that eventually took Gold and Silver respectively. I unfortunately had already shed my tears and screamed my lungs out for the previous two CLASS corps when Legends performed. Therefore, all I could do after their performance was shake my head in amazement and utter out a hoarse, "damn, that was pretty great."

Thank you, to all these amazing DI drum corps!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
scooter92011
Thanks for the awesome write up. I got goosebumps reading it!
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
Dabuttdino
Still waiting for D2 lel
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
azsxw
and we're off!
write music. Play music. Love music.
ToastyCar
Good luck, everyone!
Red Lightning Regiment | D2 World Champion (Season 37) & 2x Medalist
Atlantic Storm | 2x Medalist
Arctic Blast Winterguard | 1x Medalist
Twisted Tornadoes Drumline | 3x Medalist
RedEastMovement
-------------------

Division 2
------------

3. (5.) Bluegrass Regiment - PRPhan04
Score: 84.910
Comments: With their triumphant return from an extended hiatus that began at the end of Season 36, Bluegrass returned to their roots (no pun intended) with their show "BLUE." Though I have no familiarity with the genre, the music presented on Finals night truly enchanted me along with everybody in the stadium with me. It can be said that for that run-through, we all grew just a little bit more appreciative of the homegrown genre that sadly never gets enough attention in the face of other more popular genres.

2. (4.) Viridian DBC - Dabuttdino
Score: 85.095
Comments: This show truly made me smile whenever I listened to it. As someone who had previously done shows concerning Toby Fox's masterpiece "Undertale," I appreciated the fact that other directors also appreciated the game and its amazing music as well. Though I have to admit I am a bit jealous as the fact stands that Viridian took the music in levels Invictus could not have done in the past, I have to say a job well done for promoting "Undertale" nevertheless.

1. (1.) Nemesis - gcurrier
Score: 99.590
Comments: What's there to say? The legend of Nemesis continues, even in D2.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the wait.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
If D2's report sounded just a little bit tinged with salt, I did not mean it to be. While the strange curse of Nemesis being relegated in D2 (despite the fact that Bluegrass has now also moved up to D1) nevertheless remains, I acknowledge the fact that the scores still stand.

Nemesis truly DID win D2 for class. And for that, I guess I can rest a bit easy.

Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
RedEastMovement
-------------------

Division 3
------------

3. (10.) Capital Region Bugle Corps - FormerMello
Score: 68.740
Comments: In a five season span, Capital has really come a very long way from being another upstart drum corps in FMA. I do not say this to sound absolutely rude, because it cannot be denied that only those who put effort into anything they do in life will actually gain great and tangible results. Through the efforts of FormerMello, Capital truly enjoyed the fruits of their labors on Finals night, receiving their finalist medals for finishing 10th place.

2. (7.) Lone Stars - Nugio
Score: 71.340
Comments: "If you can do it, I can do it better!" That seems to be the statement that applies to Nugio's Lone Stars. Compared to Capital, not only have they tasted finalist status in D3 drum corps for two consecutive season now, but also have done so at very high levels (5th in Season 52, 7th in Season 53). Congratulations!

1. (6.) Red Lightning Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps - ToastyCar
Score: 72.185
Comments: Congratulations on Red Lightning on a spectacular return from such a long hiatus! With a show production so very similar to their marching band brethren, I expected nothing less than a true treat for the mind and soul with their production, "1776."

Congratulations!
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
Dabuttdino
Ayeeee its finally hereeeeeeee! Amazing write up on the recaps Red :]
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
gcurrier
Sorry if there was confusion, I think one of my emails must not have sent. Nemesis should NOT be considered Division 2, but should be considered World Class...I can't stop the system from showing them as winning, but CLASS will recognize the next highest corps OUTSIDE the glitch for all competition and finals. I believe most other leagues have agreed.

Until Alex stops by and fixes this, it's the best we can do.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
alxmm98
Nemesis is in the World Division. Thats what the site has agreed upon
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
echstrumpet8
In any historical data I collect in a season Nemesis, Marching Knights, etc are D2, I don't list them as any division winners, but include them in overall results.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
gcurrier
In case you guys missed it I'm running a fantasy DCA league for the rest of their season

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3746

And I'm looking for people interested in fantasy football as well. Let me know if interested in either

gcurrier
for those of you not watching in the other forum--CLASS ACT first show of the season results from Sunday

Here are the results from Sundays show in Atlanta GA

Guard award - Knights Alumni and Southern Star

Brass Award - Knights Alumni

Percussion Award - Pride of Peachtree

Communication Award - Sentinels DBC

Visual Award - Southern Star

Music Award - Southern Star

GE Award - Knights Alumni

SCORES

4th place with a score of 86.9 Pride of Peachtree

Bronze with a 87.325 Sentinels DBC

Silver with a 89.35 Knights Alumni

Gold with a score of 89.5 Southern Star

what an exciting show for the four corps to come out and show they still have it!! Next show Sunday the 28th will be from Dayton OH! there is still time to join the fun! You need to submit your captions to me by Saturday Aug 27th at 8pm EST - All current directors are also allowed to submit caption changes until this time. GOOD LUCK!!!

Dabuttdino
Finals is near guys goodluck to all :]
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
gcurrier
New season may be up late, I'm camping so not sure when I'll be able to do it! Congrats all finalists

ShowGuy
echstrumpet8
Ayyyy, Nemesis is in Division 1 this season!
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
gcurrier
of course when I decide to sit them out a season and go with my C groups LOL