Login Create Account
CLASS Updated Forum
corndogshuffle
Does this mean I actually have to look before I click accept? Ugh.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
AlanLovesMe
I know this is the CLASS thread, but I want you all to know that BRAVO is on board with this idea also. Honestly most of us have already "blacklisted" him. After his negative posts in the BRAVO thread when we first started about our league failing, I cut off contact with him right away. see how much we've failed? lol
Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
cjbuckley1997
Wait BRAVO was "failing" before? It's one of the most active leagues in FMA, that's really crazy
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
corndogshuffle
Yeah, FF has always been the biggest tool on this website and has never contributed anything positive to anybody. I miss the days when all he did was ruin threads instead of actually ruining the competition, though.

I could be wrong about this, but by reading the BRAVO! thread in the league forums it looks like FF was saying the league needed resuscitation before the league even held it's first competition (correct me if I'm wrong on the timeline but I saw the word "inaugural" used in reference to an event on the 19th of November and his comment was posted on the 18th of November). Even back then people were wishing FMA had an ignore button for FF.

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/forums/viewtopic/3060/1
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
AlanLovesMe
yes we all wanted to block him. You are totally correct, corndog. After only being a few days old and even before our first event, he was trying to deter groups from joining BRAVO by implying the league was dying when in fact we were growing very rapidly. Yeah there weren't many league events and that put some people off, but lack of funds and events is very common for a league trying to get off its feet. One could hardly say we needed resuscitated. Then he tried to play it off as if it was friendly banter. . Sorry but just because you put "just kidding" after a rude statement, it's still rude.

Defiant Hearts (FAME), Triforce Allegiance (BRAVO!), Spin Doctors (ROTC), Cymbalism (PEARL)
gcurrier
BRAVO surely speaks for itself now in its success! I'm glad you didn't let it hold you back one bit! I'm proud to be a member and glad to call you a friend of CLASS.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
echstrumpet8
Pride of Peachtree Season 46 Tour
September 6th- Lexington, KY (CLASS Kickoff)
September 7th- Fiesta Key, FL (iMarch Series: Battle of Fiesta Key)
September 9th- Minneapolis, MN (A Night of Music at TCF)
September 10th- Atlanta, GA (Peachtree CLASSic V)
September 11th- St Louis, MO (Drum and Brass Review)
September 13th- Charlotte, NC (Southeastern CLASSic)
September 14th- Onondaga County, NY (Redcoat Invitational)
September 15th- Boston, MA (Harbor Lights CLASSic)
September 16th- Chicago, IL (Navy Pier Showdown)
September 18th- Kansas City, MO (Arrowhead Music Festival)
September 20th- Chicago, IL (CLASS MidAmerica)
September 22nd- Westchestertonfieldville, IA (Drums Across the Cornfields-XLVI)
September 23rd- Miami, FL (Panther Sound Invitational VII- Miami)
September 25th- New Orleans, LA (Arsenal Sound Showdown XIII- New Orleans)
September 26th- Charlotte, NC (Carolina Calvacade XLIV)
September 27th- Allentown, PA (Eastern CLASSic)
September 29th- Burlington, VT (Green Mountain CLASS Invitational)
September 30th- Fairborn, OH (Ibex Invitational)
October 2nd- Lexington, KY (Bluegrass Challenge XXX)
October 3rd- Denver, CO (Drums Along The Rockies)
October 4th- Los Angeles, CA (Western CLASS Showdown)
October 6th- Lexington, KY (CLASS World Championship)

The Chicago to Kansas City to Chicago leg is going to be fun. Christchurch is not on the schedule this season, unfortunately. Actually, the corps is not leaving the country for the first season in a while. Denver, Onondaga County, and New Orleans are new destinations.

Good luck to everyone this season!

Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
Aaron0316
Cool schedule! We look forward to hosting you in St. Louis for the Drum and Brass Review. Sometimes when I do my schedule, I take travel times into consideration to try to make it more realistic. It doesn't always work out that way. Christchurch to the US in one day is a pain.

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
echstrumpet8
I love how the schedules work, distance-wise. One day to go 1100 miles from Minneapolis to Atlanta, but 2 days to go 150 miles from Fairborn to Lexington. Its amusing to me.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
Aaron0316
I see (LOL) Atlanta to St. Louis in a day followed by St. Louis to Charlotte in a day. That's a lot of driving back and forth plus rehearsals. I'm not sure what the guard will do, but I suppose, brass and percussion can rehearse on the bus.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Aaron0316
Actually it's not as bad as I thought. It's only about an 8 hour drive from Atlanta to St. Louis and about 11 hours from St.Louis to Charlotte (without stopping). You could leave right after the events and make it to the next city by early morning. That gives you all day to rehearse. The performers could sleep on the bus. It's just exhausting! :D Of course, if FAME can do an outer space tour, your schedule is feasible. (LOL)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
corndogshuffle
Great to see so many people spending so much time in Lexington, It's a great town!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
MrsRomo
I, too, enjoy Lexington. ;) just wanted to bop in here and say that haha.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
gcurrier
I have only ever driven through

saxamattone
As I suspected, Corps IBEX is back in Division 2.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
corndogshuffle
I think there's a lot of cool stuff in Louisville too, Kentucky has a lot going on! If I have more than three days to spend, I don't consider a trip to Kentucky complete if I don't make it out to Cumberland Brews, Sergio's, and Hammerhead's.

You should stop in sometime g, you'd love it! I can give you all the scoop you would need.

Shame about Ibex... we should just start recognizing them as part of DI in end of season rankings. Feel bad for the groups that finish behind them (especially "2nd" place) but it wouldn't be fair for Ibex to not rehearse.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
MrsRomo
We could have an fma meet up lol. I try to avoid lex just because I hate driving nicholasville road. Ha.

Strange that ibex has been having issues with the director level, really sucks for d2.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
gcurrier
I think like we have been talking about in Division 1 that yes we should try to recognize IBEX in an official standing, finals capacity while not recognizing another and in turn officially recognize the Division 2 winner...I am sure IBEX doesnt have an issue with this. We could include this with the proposal Aaron and I had been talking about regarding a top 12 and have it based on biggest improvement through the year as well.

brings another thought to mind--one great thing has come from the recent drama--league collective showmanship and unitedness. Never before has so many leagues come together in a united front--maybe we should start a league council of some sorts? Help get some of these ideas off the ground.

corndogshuffle
I'd be totally down for an FMA meet up in Lexington (or Louisville for that matter)! My opinion on Nicholasville Road is that if you don't hate it, one of the following two statements is true:

1. You have never been in a car on Nicholasville Road
2. You have never been in a car on Nicholasville Road

g, if we had a league council we could come up with "rules" by which we govern ourselves which would allow us to play the game the way we want... regardless of any exterior interference. I think that idea is very interesting and could work.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
gcurrier
this is exactly my idea corndog--we can govern ourselves and come up with mutually agreeable acceptable way to play and also work to develop things to make FMA more fun for all