Login Create Account
SPORTS!
Kiowa
No you can sub in as many as you want, they just didn't get to the score table fast enough but the other three did so by the time the other two were at the score table the refs had resumed the game.
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
TeamFrenchToast
Why do they have to check in at the scorers table? I've always wondered.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
Kiowa
It regulates the time in the game so the refs see and hear that your coming into the game and they don't jump the gun and resume the game before you get a chance to tell your person hey im in and your out and they have to make a mental note of who has fouls and who doesn't plus you have all these people writing down stats and writing down the play by play. It'd get really confusing if you didn't check in and just ran out there.
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
cire
I love commercial breaks during games......
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Kiowa
lol we hate them like if we're in over time, we don't want an official tv timeout we want to keep playing so we can win and go home
#LosLynx

cire
I was being sarcastic. lol
Kiowa
oh lol
#LosLynx

Nickdrummer
Lol cire, mr sarcastic
Founder RPGs, RSCGs. BoD IAoIP
3 time bronze medalist
Season 31 Division3 MAoMA champion
Commentator
Stradivarius
I didn't know there were tv breaks lol
12 years later
Stradivarius
I thought they just ran commercials during timeouts at certain points in the game. They actually just stop the game? Just some some stupid commercials can play?
12 years later
Kiowa
yep they're called official tv timeouts but they only show them at certain times based on the game clock like there's a under 12 time out stuff like that. See in a way it prepares you for the pros kinda but not really because they play in quarters not halves.
#LosLynx

cire
Yeah it sucks.. once a commercial comes on everyone just stands around picking their nose.
Kiowa
lol sarcasm right? its hard to tell when its not face to face but i dance during the break lol
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
I would have to play during tv timeouts unless there is something exciting going on the floor
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
TeamFrenchToast
Why can't the NCAA just switch to 4 ten minute quarters like you know, every other basketball organization on the planet? You'd still get the same amount of tv timeouts.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
TeamFrenchToast
Actually, on second thought, no they wouldn't. But still.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
Kiowa
it makes the game seem longer kind of i guess, idk lol its not ncaa's fault its espn and what not ncaa just gets some of the ad profits from the companies idk lol russ smith tried to explain it all to me a long time ago he's a sports broadcasting major or something of that sorts
#LosLynx

Kiowa
wtf is with uk? they should be up by at least 5
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
Getting ready for the su vs pitt game!! Woot woot go orange!!
12 years later
Kiowa
i'll admit right now im afraid for my friends lives in conn. uconns coach has been ejected and the crowd is getting hostle. But lets be honest cards should have been fouled not uconn.i horrible call by the ref
#LosLynx