Login Create Account
Chat Room 2.0
MrsRomo
Ohhh lordy. There are too many Cats fans here. Ooooooo C! A! R! D! S! CARDS! I got your back ATay! I grew up a UK fan since I'm from Lexington, but saw the light when Louisville offered me more money. Plus getting to go to all athletic events (and being paid for almost all of them) is pretty awesome. And I got paid to travel the country to support the men and women. The best time of my life. :)

I'm planning on going to the UK-Louisville women's game though! I'll make a big sign for you haha. Maybe bring my trombone and play some All Hail! :P Also, I think someone here needs some props for destroying Pikeville 120-40 and having a double double!

I know our pep band is bad at heckling the other teams - it was just so much fun! I hope you didn't think we were a distraction. :/ I remember one time when we were playing in Hartford and the arena was completely silent so I just made a really loud random noise (think bwa-la-la-la-la) that filled the arena. Then UConn or Notre Dames coach complained and we weren't allowed to yell during the games or anything. It was so sad.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Kiowa
lol thanks it was my first game in a whole yr! i had to do good. nah i love the band it gets me pumped up. same with the boys. lol when was this random noise?

I remember in high school at a football game i took my trumpet and started playing taps when the other team had a player break an arm because i was the only one who could play it being first chair and all. so i played taps as they carried him away and got the band thrown out of the stadium BUT HEY I MADE 20 BUCKS ON THAT DARE
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
corndogshuffle
100 championships is nice, but I'm not sure what water polo has to do with basketball! (weird fact, I just looked it up and the water polo National Championship has never left California, and no team from California has ever even played for the Championship)

Please tell me when your Bruins have the most all time wins, best all time winning percentage, most NCAA Tournament appearances, most All-American selections, most NBA draft picks, most AP Poll Top 25/20/15/10/5 finishes, most seasons ranked #1 in the final AP Poll, best record against AP ranked opponents, most 20 win seasons, most 30 win seasons, most 35 win seasons, most coaches with an NCAA Championship, most decades with an NCAA Championship, most decades with a Final Four appearance, most decades #1 in winning percentage, and the most decades top five and ten winning percentage.

These aren't the only ways Kentucky can trump UCLA, but they seemed the most relevant to me. Conclusion: UCLA has the most titles, but outside of the Wooden era they aren't even a top ten program of all time. On the other hand, it is impossible to remove an era of Kentucky basketball and take Kentucky out of the top ten all time. Consistency is ultimately what Kentucky has over everyone else!

And as far as the NIT goes, Kentucky has multiple Championships since UCLA last won one (3 since UCLA's last, in 1995) and won it all just two years ago, so forgive me for not being overly concerned that we didn't win the NCAA Tournament in a year that UCLA also didn't win the NCAA Tournament. :)

Oh, and UCLA has 11 National Championships. Not 10. Just so we're on the same page. :)
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
corndogshuffle
Yeah Kiowa we avoided actually talking about basketball haha. We try to be goofy more than mean. One of our favorite things is to "bark like a seal".
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
Kiowa
im shocked my phone connects to the internet in this arena lol.

Aye UCLA is a good school now I respect them a lot. 109 national titles is a lot. they just need to make that come back we been waiting for but ima ask them nicely to wait to do that next yr so i can end my college career with a national champ ring
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
MrsRomo
I don't remember what year it was...I guess my junior year (2011). I think if we had won that game, we would have gone to the BE Championship game. But I could just be making that up lol

MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
corndogshuffle
Louisville has really been close in women's basketball recently. They seem about one step ahead of Kentucky. We just can't get past the Elite Eight. I really like Mitchell but our teams always seem way smaller.

I was pulling hard for Louisville when they played Connecticut a few years back. Can't stand Geno.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
Kiowa
lol well last yr what had happened was we were kind of just not focused idk what was going on we honestly shouldn't have lost that national championship game last year after we beat baylor.
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
Louisville has been awesome in basketball.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kiowa
ok sorry to change this obsessive subject lol but i need someone to explain to me how a trombone works....like does it have little stoppers when you slide it
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
LOL no. You have to figure out where on your slide is each note. There are 7 positions but each horn varies slightly. It's not too complicated
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kiowa
My nephew wants to learn it
#LosLynx

Avid5AFan
I played trombone and baritone during high school. I really enjoyed the trombone.
MrsRomo
It's pretty awesome. I didn't play an instrument until my sophomore year of high school. I'm not an all star on it, but I enjoyed it greatly.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kiowa
I like watching trombone play crazy train its hilarious
#LosLynx

Avid5AFan
Doing trombone suicides was fun. ;p but dangerous!
corndogshuffle
If you know how valved brass instruments work (2nd valve lowers a half step, 1st a whole step, 1st and 2nd a step and a half, etc) then you sort of have an idea of how slide positions work. Slide positions on trombone work the same way fingering combinations do on, for instance, a tuba.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
TrumpetVinny
I love being a heckling pep band. We made a girl cry once. Was great.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
FastForward
Kiowa,

Do you still play the Trumpet ???
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
corndogshuffle
I got an Auburn women's basketball player to friend me on Facebook once. Haha. Her name was KiKi.

I also got our athletic director to start crying one game. Was heckling Pat Summitt and one of my jokes just ruined him.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119