Login Create Account
Chat Room 2.0
KStove
If you think she'll ever play in the NBA, you're delusional. The only reason she would be there is for marketing, and if she ever actually played she'd be walked all over. Not trying to be mean, but its a simple fact of athleticism, size, and skill, no offense.
Kiowa
she's already getting offers well see though
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
KStove
I take back what I said, she might actually be better than some of the players the Nets have haha
Kiowa
she is lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
KStove
Assuming what you said there is sarcasm, yes
Kiowa
lol it wasn't she can play on any nba team if she wanted but she will start out on a crap team to be notice theres gonna be movies made about her
#LosLynx

Insanity
The only team I could see Griner playing for, would be the Dallas Mavericks. Because that just seems like something that Cuban would do as a publicity stunt.
KStove
Any team she would play for would be a publicity stunt, she's not good enough to play with men, not even at the college level. She'd get pushed around inside and not be able to get a shot off because she'd get blocked too easily, not to mention she'd be too slow and not athletic enough to keep up with the pace of the game. I understand why you'd back her, being a women's basketball player yourself, but your reasoning is off.
Kiowa
no it's not at my school during the summer we have skirmishes with the men's team if we can beat them every now and then idk why griner can't play with the big boys
#LosLynx

Kiowa
she can do it you'd have to know her personally to understand plus you all are guys so of course you gonna think women can't play with the big boys
#LosLynx

corndogshuffle
Not to pile on, but I just don't see who she would match up with (especially on defense). She is too small to match up against an NBA center, she doesn't have the skills to match up against a small forward or power forward, and she is way too slow to keep up with NBA guards of either variety. She is unbelievable at what she does and I love watching women's basketball, but I just don't see how she would function going up against an NBA roster.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Kiowa
theres only one way to find out you gotta keep in mind you've only seen her play against women and that's what your making your judgement by
#LosLynx

KStove
By your logic, WNBA teams can beat NBA teams. You're so far off I can't even begin to describe it
Kiowa
thats not what i said but it could happen its never been put to the test before im just saying just because we are women doesn't mean we can't play with men
#LosLynx

KStove
Actually, the fact you are women is the reason you can't play with men. Our bodies are made quite differently, and even someone like Griner, who is dominant at highest level of women's basketball, would probably only be any bit effective at the men's level at maybe NCAA Division III, and that might be pushing it.
Kiowa
NO lol the fact we can't play with men has NOTHING to do with how our bodies are built differently its because sexist men think we have act a certain way and make rules for how we should act as athletes and are afraid of us getting hurt THAT'S why we can't play with men because we aren't given the chance. Being a man yourself you wouldn't understand that no offense
#LosLynx

KStove
My points have nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with anatomy.
Stradivarius
Yikes... Let's move away from such a heated topic x) On a brighter note, thank you very much for bringing your groups to my shows KStove! Your 130,000 was extremely helpful! I may be able to pull off a great show this season!
12 years later
KStove
The topic shouldn't be heated haha. Women aren't as good at men at sports, and its that simple. Asia, the truth of the matter is we'll never know, because no NBA team wants to take a shot with a woman that will probably just get hurt in the NBA. The only reason it would happen would be for publicity. You're entitled to your opinion though.

And no problem Strad!
Stradivarius
I believe I returned the favor and applied to your shows? I think I did anyway lol
12 years later