Login Create Account
Chat Room 2.0
Stradivarius
Oh and btw, KStove you should join MAoMA! Largest drum corps league in FMA! You would be a great addition to this already stellar league!
12 years later
KStove
I believe so, mine filled up a couple days ago.
KStove
Oh, and I'm kind of content with being independent. I've been sent invitations to about every single league on here haha
FastForward
Kiowa.

Are you thinking about playing in the WNBA after this season ???
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Insanity
Planning on taking a trip to Maker's Mark and probably another distillery either tomorrow or Friday. Woohoo?
MrsRomo
Not to go on, and I don't know anything about the W/NBA, but to say that men and women can't play together an that men are more athletic than women is just wrong. In my personal experience, in soccer, as a player coach and a grade 8 referee (which mean I could theoretically ref World Cup games) the women are ten times better players than the men. They play way more physical and smarter than the men. It's like watching two different sports when you watch women's soccer and men's soccer. But like I said, that all from my personal experience with soccer in the state of Kentucky.

I don't know how Griner will fare in the nba and no one knows how a game between a men an women's team would be because its never happened.

And that's all I have on that subject. Sorry it's delayed - was working both jobs today!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
KStove
Women being 10 times better than men? I'd be interested to see the soccer matches you're watching.
KStove
Here's my last bit about this subject
http://observer.theguardian.com/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

This may be tennis, but it relates to all sports in my opinion, in comparing women to men.
KStove
I guess this would be more relevant to you, Asia, as you are a part of something that was mentioned in this article (Kevin Durant coming to your locker room)

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9133361/espnw-no-woman-not-brittney-griner-other-play-nba

I am in no way saying women's sports aren't interesting, as I'm a huge fan of many women's sports, just saying that women could compete with men isn't really an argument at all.
corndogshuffle
It really isn't disputable MrsRomo. Science just disagrees with you. One good demonstration of this is a look at world records in Olympic style events. Men (without exception) run faster, throw farther, jump higher and farther, swim faster, lift heavier objects, and I think you get the idea.

This link show some of the science I was talking about.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/347443-athletic-differences-between-men-women/

On the other end, women seem better suited to ultraendurance type events (like swimming across the English Channel). Obviously women are more flexible and make better gymnasts.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
MrsRomo
One spot remaining in my Colorguard competition in the second of January!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
KStove
MrsRomo, you do know that a grade 8 soccer referee is a beginner? http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/referees/gradesexplained/
Kiowa
yes sir fastforwad i do plan on going to the wnba
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
FastForward
Well, let me know if you happen to have any spare tickets ... I might be available to come & watch !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
MrsRomo
KStove, most referees in Kentucky start out as a grade 9. I was a referee for 10 years. I said you technically could ref World Cup games as a grade 8 - you have all the knowledge required by FIFA. What is your point? What are you trying to insinuate?
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
KStove
I wasn't insinuating anything, just wondering if you happened to have mixed up grades
Kiowa
lol i will fastforward if my madre and padre can't make one hopefully i go to the L.A. Sparks I think that team would be the best fit for me plus I been talking with jellybean about it lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Kiowa
holy biscuits Michael Jordan's famous flu game shoes just sold for 104,765 bucks lol some people are insane i'd never pay that much for something from a celeb 100 bucks is the most i would spend on something like that lol
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
I spend no more than 80 on shoes lol
12 years later
Kiowa
lol i only buy shoes when theres a buy a pair get a pair free going on lol im cheap but you have to be when you in school lol
#LosLynx